• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Report: 2D Super Mario, Super Mario RPG Remake & a SNES Classic Remake are being announced at this week's Nintendo Direct

Draugoth

Gold Member
PapaGenos (someone who previously reported the Metroid Prime Remaster announcement ) got direct messaged last week about a Super Mario RPG remake coming -

Adding to that, a "leaker" on Twitter, Pyoro_ND, has leaked the announcement of Everybody 1-2-Switch and Sonic Superstars says that there will be a new Nintendo Direct this week and games including a new 2D Mario and a remake of a SNES classic will be announced in the Direct.

Posting this due to these leakers last claims, but take with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
Super Mario RPG remake!?

erection GIF

Nautilus

Banned
Just for the hype, regardless if he is super reliable or not: There are rumours by Zippo that a Chrono trigger remake may be in the works.

He is super inconsistent, so take it with a huge grain of salt!

Puscifer

Super Mario World that plays like a "New" Super Mario Brothers is the only real thing I could think of. I would love another Super Paper Mario platformer though, such an odd outlier in that series.

Last edited:

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
I have this eerie feeling this Direct is not gonna happen..

Banned
it has been a while since the last 2D mario... and that would be an OK game to bridge the time until the Switch 2 releases.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
I’d really love to play a Mario RPG remake with the kiddo, absent that maybe we’ll just play the OG next.

Last edited:
Never have liked the repulsive and round look of the "New" style SMB. Would love a reboot to something that looks closer to the first and third game, though I'd settle for SMW style.

L*][*N*K

Banned
Really excited about a possibility of a Mario RPG, maybe we will get lucky enough to get a Mario and Luigi RPG who knows?

Comandr

Super Mario RPG is pure charm and delight. The only way I could get behind a remake is if they just redrew the sprites and backgrounds and re-recorded the music with modern instrumentation. It’s so simple and yet I feel like I’m asking for the world here.

Soodanim

Gold Member
Of all the games in the world, I don't think Mario games need remakes. If there's one thing Nintendo tends to get right, it's art style. But it's more than just that, and more often than not Nintendo games age very well. I'll be interested to see if they do announce a remake and what it might be.

Have you all played Super Mario World in widescreen with shaders? They could just release that as a digital title and win hearts

Top Bottom