• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Report: Sexual Misconduct Investigation Conducted at EA, Suspects Named and What They Did Revealed

JCreasy

Despite no one denying that any of the mentioned things by Bowling, it seems that according to EA, given the events transpired outside of work between two adults, and the fact that once investigation has started that the alleged perpetrators didn’t do it again, the investigation is considered closed.

Hey EA, mind telling us how they got the womens’ numbers if it wasn’t from work?

WTF!? You have GOT to be kidding me!

Just fire those assholes. It’s not that difficult.

What kind of policy protects sex pests just because it occurred outside of work hours. Your employee is sexually harassing other employees. How is that not grounds for dismissal?

The compliance training at my job makes it very clear that it does not matter if the harassment happens outside of work hours. It would encourage pervs to target their victims off the clock just to avoid discipline.

The victims should sue EA now.

Red5

So you tell them to stop or just remove them from the group?
I mean there's a world of difference between inappropriate and actual criminal behaviour.

Not being funny, but why are you checking your whatsapp when there are customers around? I mean that's unprofessional if you want to be a stickler about it!

Because it's a work related group for updates, announcements, customers requests. We're not sales, we handle custom prints and they send us designs via whatsapp sometimes when they're in front of us.

Your point is that you cannot imagine this happening, well it happens.

TexMex

im horny GIF

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
This is why most management and higher level folk us things like WhatsApp and Signal.
So much shit goes down in encrypted E2E message apps that the FTC is nearing a ruling on them when used at specific finance levels within company management.

Why are you sending that shit through company managed accounts?

Using messages or slack or teams to send even REMOTLY risky content should flip a switch in your head "I am about to fuck around....will get I get found out" and the answer should always be YES.

What are you on about you dull cunt?

Myself and a lot of GAF are married, and managed without jimmy riddler tactics.

Get your hand out of your pants and use it to screw your head on you melt.

Edit: yes as your above reply, I mean don’t do this first for fuck sake lol. If it’s all ok with two people then there’s no issue.
Right, and honestly it's still not even worth it. Too many instances of it backfiring. I have resolved myself to be anti social to my coworkers because I have seen others get destroyed from it.

It's tempting to make a misogynist joke and say can't handle to heat, get back to the kitchen ... but that would be WRONG and NOT FUNNY. We should embrace our female game developers and not perv on them just because they are basically held hostage at the work place, when they would hastily avoid you out in public.

Another reason to hate EA but I really don't care; corporate world is hell

skyfall

From the OP

Not having denied something isnt the same as admitting it, or evidence that it happened. Some people like to keep from commenting at all when bogus complaints from the crazies are being put on them, possibly to speak to legal counsel first.

Some of you guys are sadly the reason 'innocent until proven guilty' is a dead concept

Last edited:

Jinzo Prime

Gold Member
But why should the victim get another job? The guy sending the unsolicited dick pic is the one who should get pushback, ideally fired.
So the other two options are completely impossible? You are responsible for yourself, waiting around for "corporate justice" is asinine.

reinking

Gold Member
Not having denied something isnt the same as admitting it, or evidence that it happened. Some people like to keep from commenting at all when bogus complaints from the crazies are being put on them, possibly to speak to legal counsel first.

Some of you guys are sadly the reason 'innocent until proven guilty' is a dead concept
I definitely believe in innocent until proven guilty. Unfortunately, there is evidence that pics/videos have been sent and that one of the accused did not deny it. When I was in my 20's, I had a friend accused of assaulting a girl. I had to go to the police department to leave a statement of what actually happened since I was there. I am well aware that sometimes accusations are not true. However, that does not mean that I am going to seek to blame the victim when there seems to be evidence that something happened. You do you though.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
So the other two options are completely impossible? You are responsible for yourself, waiting around for "corporate justice" is asinine.

I'm genuinely not sure if sending a dick pic qualifies as a criminal offence to call the police over, and the article in the OP is talking about an internal investigation being carried out, you don't carry those out unless there's reports / tips coming in. So, clearly some level of internal communication happened that would lead to this kind of investigation.

Not having denied something isnt the same as admitting it, or evidence that it happened.

For reference, Bowling is the partner of one of the victims and even a witness to the evidence, even stating that he has a picture of Adams’ genitalia on their iPad.

Last edited:

kiphalfton

Are there actually guys out there that think women are receptive to dick pics?

Nobody wants to see a dude's weiner on cam. Have to be an idiot to think so.

Last edited:

Bernardougf

Gold Member
Just a reminder in case someone already dosent know... there is not such thing like a "free trip and room stay in vegas" ... or in Epstein Island btw ...

Any story that begins with .."X was offered a free trip ....thinking it was a act of goodwill" just get a big rolleye from me.

NOTHING IS FREE. Everything costs something. Its been this way since forever. When will people learn.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
Just a reminder in case someone already dosent know... there is not such thing like a "free trip and room stay in vegas" ... or in Epstein Island btw ...

Any story that begins with .."X was offered a free trip ....thinking it was a act of goodwill" just get a big rolleye from me.

NOTHING IS FREE. Everything costs something. Its been this way since forever. When will people learn.
I don't know, I've had multiple free trips with room stays in Vegas. All paid for by people wanting to sell me something. None of them closed a sale and I didn't have to look at any penises. The trips cost someone something, but that someone wasn't me. I stayed in hotels, though.

There are takeaways from the story. Never sleep in a coworker's home, or invite a coworker to sleep in your home, unless you know that you can trust them. And don't ever show your junk to people you work with. That's just being a dumbass and asking for a lawsuit.

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
Well EA has been fucking over gamers and developers for years.

REDRZA MWS

Gold Member
Look, I’m sick of this shit. None of us, none of us know what really happened or what’s going on. Allegations automatically equal guilt. Not how it works. The justice system will determine actual evidence. If he or they are lowlifes they deserve everything they get. But before all the facts come out or actual evidence nah.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Look, I’m 37 years old and I still don’t understand what sending dick picks or videos of oneself masturbating to random people (or anyone for that matter) is supposed to accomplish. I just…. don’t…. get… it…

Don't shit where you eat.
Unrelated to the thread, but related to your post: I have a friend who is currently in the dating scene and he hates dating apps. I keep telling him to find other public avenues but he has a particular problem that I can’t answer: Where do nerdy women hang out and mingle, publicly?

I laughed at first, but then I became puzzled because suddenly I couldn’t figure it out. He is attracted to nerdy/geek/gamer women, but the problem is that quite a lot of those types of women don’t frequent public places like bars, clubs, shows, concerts, etc. (definitely not as often as others). Conventions kind of work, but they don’t happen often enough and only offer speed dating options (sometimes not even this). The last option is coworkers, but I agree with you that it’s a bad idea if things go south.

Maybe you can answer this so that I can tell him your answer: What are his public options when finding his type?

I expect some laughing emojis with this post, but once the laughs are over I’m hoping for a great answer.

Last edited:
Never believe stuff you read on the internet. Especially if it involves "sexual harassment" and potential settlements. Has this been brought before the police? If not you can assume the allegations most likely have no merit.

Last edited:

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
Unrelated to the thread, but related to your post: I have a friend who is currently in the dating scene and he hates dating apps. I keep telling him to find other public avenues but he has a particular problem that I can’t answer: Where do nerdy women hang out and mingle, publicly?

I laughed at first, but then I became puzzled because suddenly I couldn’t figure it out. He is attracted to nerdy/geek/gamer women, but the problem is that quite a lot of those types of women don’t frequent public places like bars, clubs, shows, concerts, etc. (definitely not as often as others). Conventions kind of work, but they don’t happen often enough and only offer speed dating options (sometimes not even this). The last option is coworkers, but I agree with you that it’s a bad idea if things go south.

Maybe you can answer this so that I can tell him your answer: What are his public options when finding his type?

I expect some laughing emojis with this post, but once the laughs are over I’m hoping for a great answer.

He should start going to anime/comic conventions and cold approaching women there that he finds attractive enough. He will take a lot of rejection but it is what it is. Same for seeing women like that out in public. There is no easy solution.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
The victims should sue EA now.

If there was merit to the claims I find it extremely surprising that they weren't fired by HR. That they didn't is a major red flag to me.

HR exists to prevent reputational damage as much as anything, which is why they tend to come down so heavily on the side of complainant.

Boneless

EA has over ten thousand employees, the statistical likelihood that you will find one or more weirdos there is 100%. The fact that this is a gaming company is irrelevant.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
I don't know, I've had multiple free trips with room stays in Vegas. All paid for by people wanting to sell me something. None of them closed a sale and I didn't have to look at any penises. The trips cost someone something, but that someone wasn't me. I stayed in hotels, though.

There are takeaways from the story. Never sleep in a coworker's home, or invite a coworker to sleep in your home, unless you know that you can trust them. And don't ever show your junk to people you work with. That's just being a dumbass and asking for a lawsuit.
So they did try to sell you something or was a business negotiation of some sort wiith a trip attached to it .... I also made free trips paid for companys that were selling me something or trying to sell me something. This is equivalent to a business transaction.

Completely different from one man offering a woman a free trip and stay in his house/hotel room in Vegas. Cmon. I just dont believe in this type of naivety ....maybe Im old and cynical and already seen to much.

Anyway hope everything gets cleared out and justice can be done the right way.

Back to discussing games because fuck real life shit. I got too much this on real life already . Lol.. cheers.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
The Venn diagram between

'fucking terrible games publisher that makes shit games and tries to fleece gamers left right and centre'

&

'fucking terrible games developer full of sexual perverts, harassers and creeps'

is basically just one circle at this point.

Fuck EA and fuck Ubisoft. And fuck another publisher with the same reputation for both.

Top Bottom