• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Republican Debate 12 [CNN] Ru-Bi-Oh! It's time to d-d-d-d-dddddd-drop out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makai

Trump support is probably concentrated on Gaming side. OT has a visceral reaction whenever someone says they like Trump so they just keep quiet.

Millions and millions. Trump has support on Neogaf like you wouldn't even believe. That I can tell you.

I've heard new users are coming to NeoGAF just to support him. He's bringing people here from Gamefaqs and Gametrailers. These people are 50-60 years old and they've never posted before! It's a movement.

Ploid 3.0

I wish we could put the election on hold for a year or two to get different candidates for the Republicans. Heck, just give it to Mitt, he seems like an angel against what is there now. Bring on McKain if you must, what happened this turn, the Republicans were supposed to have learned from the 2012 upset.

Sianos

I wish we could put the election on hold for a year or two to get different candidates for the Republicans. Heck, just give it to Mitt, he seems like an angel against what is there now. Bring on McKain if you must, what happened this turn, the Republicans were supposed to have learned from the 2012 upset.

they'll have Karl Rove's Perfect Math Class again in november and learn nothing from it, as usual

unless trump has burned it all to the ground before then

Azzanadra

Its interesting to see how their response to defeat is to get even more extreme. But then again, its the voters deciding these things because of they wanted the "moderates", they would still be in the running.

This can literally be applied to all the candidates except Sanders.

I don't know if that's the case for Hillary, but she may have dropped out after Michigan. ;D

Anyway a lot of mainstream Repubs are the worst kind of modern day sophist. Imagine if people actually listened to Kasich and marginalized Trump while taking John K's uberize the gov't drivel seriously. My god...he's a complete dummy that needs to go sit down before he wreaks havoc.

TDLink

Its interesting to see how their response to defeat is to get even more extreme. But then again, its the voters deciding these things because of they wanted the "moderates", they would still be in the running.

I disagree with that. None of the candidates this time were suitable moderates. We have over a dozen candidates and not a single one was not bat shit crazy, at least pretending to be bat shit crazy, or not towing the party line.

Azzanadra

I disagree with that. None of the candidates this time were suitable moderates. We have over a dozen candidates and not a single one was not bat shit crazy, at least pretending to be bat shit crazy, or not towing the party line.

Hence why I put moderates in quotation marks- their moderate in relative to their peers, but not the rational human being in the western world.

Fuck that shit. The Republicans deserve this.

lenovox1

Hence why I put moderates in quotation marks- their moderate in relative to their peers, but not the rational human being in the western world.

Honestly, none of them that made it to the debate stage were even moderate in the Republican sense. It was, "Barack Hussein Obama is a monster. Hillary Clinton is the devil," from the word "go."

There's usually never any room even approaching the middle during the primary season, but the car veered so far to the right this time for the Republican party that someone like Trump gained traction and seized control.

I hope the GOP (and its electorate) truly learns from this, but fear they won't.

danm999

I'm well aware of the far-right anti-Zionist conspiracy. They also seem to hate and doubt Trump for having Jewish family, btw. They're an extreme minority anyways, and nobody has won by pandering to those anti-semitic white supremacists and by far majority of GoP demands strict adherence to Israel and Bibi by their candidates so I don't see how that matters.

It means he's not being brave, he's saying whatever he wants people think he wants to hear.

And Cruz can still hurt him by taking enough delegates to prevent him from reaching the magic number and leading him to a contested front with the party. Really don't see the point in trying to give Cruz that opportunity and alienating more republicans. Both Rubio and Cruz will step up their Trump=Anti-Israel rhetoric up 10x.

Most states with heavy evangelical populations have voted. The ones remaining are unlikely. The only state left he might get hurt is Florida and honestly Cruz isn't in the same galaxy as him polling wise.

Alcibiades

http://www.decisiondeskhq.com/results/2016/primary/gop/president/u-s-virgin-islands/

BTW, the Virgin Islands Republican Caucus was today, a total of 6 delegates were up for grabs, in addition to 3 "superdelagetes" (yes, the R side has a handful of superdelegate-types scattered around here and there).

Out of the 6 pledged delegates up for grabs, here are the results:

Uncommitted 100.0% 6
Ted Cruz 0.0% 0
John Kasich 0.0% 0
Marco Rubio 0.0% 0
Donald Trump 0.0% 0

I don't think this accurately reflects the vote totals, but I'd wager the delegate allocation is accurate.

EDIT: Vote totals:

https://twitter.com/kerpen/status/708168242011877377

http://www.decisiondeskhq.com/results/2016/primary/gop/president/u-s-virgin-islands/

BTW, the Virgin Islands Republican Caucus was today, a total of 6 delegates were up for grabs, in addition to 3 "superdelagetes" (yes, the R side has a handful of superdelegate-types scattered around here and there).

Uncommitted 100.0% 6
Ted Cruz 0.0% 0
John Kasich 0.0% 0
Marco Rubio 0.0% 0
Donald Trump 0.0% 0

I don't think this accurately reflects the vote totals, but I'd wager the delegate allocation is accurate.

Of course they didn't commit themselves to anyone. If they did, they would just be called "The Islands"

Kibbles

Shame to see none of these news recaps calling out the hypocrisy of them attempting to condemn Trump's comments about muslims, then going on to say no peace possible in Israel/Palestine conflict and that all Palestinians are bad.

Uncommitted 100.0% 6
Ted Cruz 0.0% 0
John Kasich 0.0% 0
Marco Rubio 0.0% 0
Donald Trump 0.0% 0

Carson?

Africanus

Did the debate actually stay relatively civil after the halfway point?

After the halfway point Ted Cruz summoned:
KBGQMR.gif

THE SEAL OF ORICHALCOS in a vain attempt to win the duel. But he lost his soul in the process.

Honestly I did like how trump said that the reason he employs so many people over seas is cause the rules are shit and in order to complete he has to exploit them. Most people would just try to spin it around lol

Steel

Banned
After the halfway point Ted Cruz summoned:
http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/1-10-2015/KBGQMR.gif[/img

THE SEAL OF ORICHALCOS in a vain attempt to win the duel. But he lost his soul in the process.[/QUOTE]

Ted Cruz had no soul in the first place, so of course the seal failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom