• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident evil 3 Opinions

TastyPastry

felt more like DLC to RE2R than a true sequel to the game, but jill was great. can you imagine this jill in a remake of the first RE, goddamn

Jill and Carlos are cool and likeable.

The game is short enough to encourage multiple playthroughs.

Bought it for $20 knowing its faults so I was fine with it.

The least-great of the post-RE6 mainline games, but I'd still give it an 8 out of 10. Third-person action-horror is dope.

Reactions: Isa

cireza

Had more fun with RE3 than RE2, which felt too archaic to my tastes. RE3 was a blast and as soon as I completed the game I restarted it in higher difficulty.

SkylineRKR

This game wasn't worth full price at all. I bought it for about 30 and had a blast.

RE3R is absolutely worse than the original, and its also worse than RE2R. This was likely never meant to be a full price game, it lacks about all extra content RE2R had and the campaign is already shorter to begin with not to mention there aren't different scenarios.

Having said all that, I think its a great game in its own right. You can beat it in one sitting, and the pacing is flawless. It never lets up and chances are you won't put your controller down. Gameplay wise, I think its the best RE. Jill feels perfect to control, and the timed evasions feel really good once you get the hang of it. I ended up getting the platinum trophy because it does add some spice on harder difficulties, and with the unlockable weapons runs become even faster.

Its really, really fun imho. Just not worth the initial asking price and as a package its worse than RE2R and in terms of content and variety its worse than the original game which had Mercs, more areas and branching paths. The biggest sin this game commits is how Nemesis itself is implemented. In the original, you had the choice of facing him or running away. In some instances this was done by actual choice and cutscene, in others you could outrun him. In the areas he would hunt you down, you could decide to attack him and actually down him permanently for that area which you could then loot at leisure. This took quite some ammo or skill, but on Hard he would drop a siginificant reward for it. First timers likely won't down him the first few times, but with some planning you absolutely can. I loved this and made me replay the game again trying to down him each time. And he did evolve, he gradually became a more feral creature.

In Remake this isn't really possible. He appears as an actual Nemesis in one instance, and you can't really outrun him. You can only briefly stun him but he will annoy you forever until you just move the script forward. He does drop some rewards upon doing so though. For the rest he's pretty much a boss battle each time, not chasing you outside of some set pieces.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Loved it for what it was. Miss the clock tower and the park though.

But if the clock tower appears...

Look.

In the form of a guide.

GAHhOkO.jpeg

vk9tACO.jpeg

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: Isa

Isa

I enjoyed it, and occasionally still do but will go for other RE games first and foremost. I wish we'd gotten another more Revelations style merc mode to mess around with instead of that online nonsense. I too wasn't fond of the cut content and lack of gore when shooting zombies after RE2R. Also no real new areas was a bummer. I personally don't mind the scripted Nemesis since I don't like stalker bosses in games, especially in Outlast types where one can't defend themselves in glorified hide and seek games. But that's personal preference.

I get why they'd want to get a new actress/model as well but I much prefer the previous Jill's over the new one though she's not bad. The lame ass costume nerfs(OG tube top and skirt) were atrocious though and the developers should be ashamed of themselves. I also remember the story and characters more in the OG game than the remake. It felt darker, grittier and more tense.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Loved 2 and 4 but honestly, thought this one was kinda shit.

Excellent game and for me it's just as good as RE2R. Great pacing, graphics, gameplay and atmosphere.

I find it funny how RE fans can swing from loving to hating the games depending on small details. RE2R (loved) and RE3R (hated) are 90% the same game.

RE3R is the best Resident Evil. All killer, no filler. The enemies are not bullet sponges like RE2R. The big bad creates moments of panic without being a nuisance. All the areas flow together swimmingly. It never feels like going through filler areas in RE2/RE2R/RE4/RE4R (Racoons City sewers, Ashley being trapped in Castle, and all of the island until reunion). The evade system with slow motion aim assisted critical hit is the best TPS mechanic in the series. The presentation and length make playing the game feel like watching an amazing Zombie action flick. It also helps that mods make it even better.
631-1641263727-1110571763.jpeg

45EFA16C7EF62EDC0DADECCAA7B3ABC9C64D4890

cvPM1am.png

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom