• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 Remake Adds New Treasure Collectibles, But Locks Them Behind DLC

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
resident-evil-4-remake-1.jpg

Capcom’s upcoming Resident Evil 4 Remake has added brand new treasure collectibles, though they are locked behind DLC.

The Xbox Store now features a Treasure Map DLC for the Resident Evil 4 Remake, which makes brand new treasure collectibles available in the game. With this map expansion, additional treasures will be placed throughout the game world. Some of these treasures can only be obtained by purchasing the Treasure Map expansion.

resident-evil-4-remake-treasures.png

Players can confirm the location of additional treasures via their map in the Main Story. The Treasure Map expansion can either be bought separately or bundled with the game via the Deluxe Edition.

Mr Hyde

Was expecting something much worse to be honest, like locking the fucking soundtrack behind a paywall, like they did in RE2. Although there is 2 months left to release for RE4, I'm sure Capcom will find a way to screw us over just to be able to earn a few extra nickels.

Last edited:

SCB3

Does this just show the collectables on the Map? If so, whatever, I'm not gonna buy it anyway

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Yay this comes with the DE. I was willing to pay for whatever bonus stuff they released as a package. I’d be more understanding if I had to buy this on top of the DE. That would be overkill. I wonder if they’ll sell the Unlock All DLC like they did with RE2/3:Remakes.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

Astral Dog

Is anyone surprised? RE7, RE2, DMC etc all have insane amount of microtransactions its no wonder RE4 REmake is the same way, in a couple years/months the base game is gonna be priced way cheaper, Capcom has this option for suckers like us to recoup their money

EDMIX

Callisto Protocol puts animations behind some dlc paywall, cross gen to get as much money.
RE4 Remake puts treasure collectables behind dlc paywall, cross gen to get as much money..

Dead Space Remake, zero DLC, zero MTX, next gen only.

I think its time to put this myth to rest regarding this publisher and start calling out when this shit is being done.

The irony regarding all of this is just hilarious.

(didn't Capcom have some weird orb MTX type thing with DMC5 or something? lol)

Astral Dog Astral Dog lol noooooo that doesn't fit the narrative, but BIG BAD EA doe!

I've seen more examples of Capcom doing this literally with almost every single game they put out and it seems most of the gaming community only like to point this out when its a publisher they dislike.

Last edited:
This, along with some of the changes to the dialog/character outfits, solidifies my position of "wait and see" instead of "Day One purchase." Won't write the game off entirely though.

Vick

Dead Space Remake, zero DLC, zero MTX, next gen only.
Thing is, I actually want DLC for Dead Space Remake..

bye-felicia-hiding.gif

I'd buy an Extraction expansion ala DS2: Severed in a fucking heartbeat.
Even more Suits actually, whatever to keep me playing this game.

Barakov

resident-evil-4-remake-1.jpg

Capcom’s upcoming Resident Evil 4 Remake has added brand new treasure collectibles, though they are locked behind DLC.

The Xbox Store now features a Treasure Map DLC for the Resident Evil 4 Remake, which makes brand new treasure collectibles available in the game. With this map expansion, additional treasures will be placed throughout the game world. Some of these treasures can only be obtained by purchasing the Treasure Map expansion.

resident-evil-4-remake-treasures.png

Players can confirm the location of additional treasures via their map in the Main Story. The Treasure Map expansion can either be bought separately or bundled with the game via the Deluxe Edition.

sX61p2O.jpg

It's not actual content, just extra in game currency.

Some of y'all are having a needlessly strong reaction to this. This is not any relevant in game content.
True, but I wasn’t really going for a strong reaction. Basically this doesn’t surprise me at all because it’s becoming more common to my knowledge in games. I mean it’s a business and even if some people think it’s silly or unnecessary, they will find some consumers willing to pay money for in game currency and other things.

Last edited:

Banned
every time I see DLCs like these I have to wonder... who is retarded enough to buy these?
like... wtf? they must get bought otherwise they wouldn't bother implementing these... but who in the world actually does this?

SSfox

As a huge RE fan definitely not buying this at full price then and first time not buying a RE game day one, guess will just wait for sales, like 30$ or simply a full complete gold edition.

Saber

Gold Member
As long it doesn't interfere with the base game, as well as the content, I don't see much of a problem.
Not that I agree with this attitude either. Worst case they could scalate to something worse, hope they don't get too high of themselves with this game.

Last edited:

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
As a huge RE fan definitely not buying this at full price then and first time not buying a RE game day one, guess will just wait for sales, like 30$ or simply a full complete gold edition.
And then a couple of yearly later….WHY IS CAPCOM NOT MAKING ANY SINGLEPLAYER RESIDENT EVIL,ANY MORE????

Whatever, I’ll buy this with DLC day one. Whatever helps Capcom fund new Singleplayer Resident Evil games. The sheep are not likely to stop buying trash DLC for trash service games anytime soon, so I gotta do what I gotta do.

kyussman

Remember when you could just buy a game and get the game......I guess some of you youngsters probably don't,lol.

SSfox

And then a couple of yearly later….WHY IS CAPCOM NOT MAKING ANY SINGLEPLAYER RESIDENT EVIL,ANY MORE????

Whatever, I’ll buy this with DLC day one. Whatever helps Capcom fund new Singleplayer Resident Evil games. The sheep are not likely to stop buying trash DLC for trash service games anytime soon, so I gotta do what I gotta do.
And people like you that defend this BS are the reasons some devs treats their fanbases as Flock of sheeps

Last edited:

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
And people like you that defend this BS are the reasons some devs treats their fanbases as Flock of sheeps
A small sacrifice for the greater good. At this rate and with this attitude classic SP games (aside from the indie space) will be a dime in dozen within the flood of service games in the coming years - and the only way to perhaps stafe this off is the actually buy SP games day one. If I have to throw them a few bucks with DLC like this here and there to help along the way.... so be it.

Make no mistake, in genereal I do not like this practice in any way and if the future outlook for "bigger" SP games would not be so grimm I would not support it as well. But as how it stands now... If you don't want non bloated, open world SP to disappear, you have to support the few good ones that are being released in any way possible. I like gaming but neither have nor want to invest the time in bloated trash and/or service games, so I don't want games like RE4 to become a thing of the past.

Top Bottom