• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 Remake has sold 5.45 million units worldwide | Franchise has surpassed 150 million units sold as of September 30, 2023

F9WiXt8XAAEj1vk

Source:

Last edited:

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Good sales but it's got to sell a few more copies to get in Capcom's sales top 10.

1. Monster Hunter World - 19 million
  2. Monster Hunter Rise - 13.2 million
  3. Resident Evil 2 - 12.6 million
  4. Resident Evil 7 - 12.4 million
  5. Monster Hunter World: Iceborne - 10.5 million
  6. Resident Evil 5 - 8.8 million
  7. Resident Evil 6 - 8.8 million
  8. Resident Evil Village - 8.3 million
  9. Resident Evil 3 - 7.6 million
  10. Street Fighter 5 - 7.3 million

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
It's a god-tier remake that somehow equals the original which is saying a whole damn lot since it's one of the greatest games ever made. Well done CAPCOM, keep the good stuff coming 👍
I remember when this game getting shit on and people saying the remake was worst than RE3R…why?………because fucking rain effects…and people wonder why I despise graphics whores.

Capcom Top 5 best selling game series updated! (Millions)

1. Resident Evil - 150M
2. Monster Hunter - 95M
3. Street Fighter - 52M
4. Mega Man - 41M
5. Devil May Cry - 30M

cireza

I recently completed another run of RE2, started RE3 again as well (I really like RE3). Definitely going to pick this up but I am waiting for a lower price, around 30$.

Last edited:
Deserved I think my GOTY so far although SM2 got pretty close.

Resident evil remains one of the biggest single player Franchises in the modern era.

If you count just mainline releases and remakes since RE7 it's sold over 45 million units. Putting it right up there with with zelda and God of war!

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Good sales but it's got to sell a few more copies to get in Capcom's sales top 10.

I’m pretty sure it’ll pass RE2 down the line.

Great game. Finished it 5 times already this year and aiming for one more playthrough.

Not bad at all. If you haven't played this yet and you've any interest in the genre, it's a must buy. I didn't care for the demo too much but the full game hooked me real good. Couldn't put it down.

Elysium44

Banned
I remember when this game getting shit on and people saying the remake was worst than RE3R…why?………because fucking rain effects…and people wonder why I despise graphics whores.

No some of us just don't think it's very good, completely overhyped and mediocre like RE7 and Village. But there's no accounting for taste.

saintjules

I know it's still early, but isn't this like the most popular game of the franchise next to 2? Surprised it didn't break into the top 10 sooner.

Top Bottom