• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 5: Director's Cut coming soon

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Nemesis556 said:
Fark that artwork from the Sony conference is hot (even if it is a shitty render.)

The Spencer Mansion mission wouldn't work. I can't see Spencer having his mansion over-run by BOWs >_>

RE5 didn't lack gun wielding enemies either. That or releasing BOW's could be chalked up to a fail-safe mechanism in last resort scenario's (since
Wesker is probably wrecking shit up at the same time as well

Nemesis_

chandoog said:
RE5 didn't lack gun wielding enemies either. That or releasing BOW's could be chalked up to a fail-safe mechanism in last resort scenario's (since
Wesker is probably wrecking shit up at the same time as well

Because I'd love them to keep utilising that BRILLIANT cover system they had implemented in RE5.

gogogow said:
Releasedate: Spring 2010, Launch with the Sony wand. So it will be at least time exclusive.
leonidas.png

Great, even more waiting.

Nemesis_

Just give me some Jill + Chris missions during their tenure at BSAA, while still tying it into the original games (have a few encounters with Excella + Jill too, since Chris can't meet Excella since he first "meets" her in RE5.)

It would work. Believe me!

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I'm insulted that you would suggest I haven't spent a ridiculous amount of time in different environments trying to get the Wii-mote to function just right. My current setup is perfectly reasonable, but it still jitters when fine motions are attempted.

I've tried multiple Wii systems, sensor bars, and remotes. All sensitivity settings combined with different positions and distances. I test thoroughly in order to play Fragile, which demands that all aspects of the Wii-mote are working at 100%. Never really managed to get it working perfectly, unfortunately, but then again, the game wasn't as good as I had hoped either so it didn't matter. Programming can play a role, of course, as the Metroid title fare much better. They still aren't as good as I could have hoped, however.

Regardless, again, we disagree on the quality of the Wii-mote accuracy.

doomed1 said:
i'm kind of curious, what HAS been demonstrated for the pointing capabilities of the device? i remember the E3 preview, but it was pretty sluggish iirc. yes, i know, the 1:1 on the wand is more consistent across the board, but the pointing function is NOT, quite simply because the pointing function is SEPARATE. my experience with the Wii remote has been nothing but silky smooth performance at ranges of 3 to 15 feet. yes, I had to adjust the sensitivity once or twice, but i can still line up the crosshairs on a scope in WaW on the Wii and get a perfect headshot over a 2-3 pixel area, so the accuracy is certainly there. your experience could just as easily be you not setting your sensitivity right. don't feel bad, you wouldn't believe how many people don't even know how to set up HD cables.

Heres some background on the ps3 controller that was on the PS blog. It shows some more demos

http://blog.us.playstation.com/tag/motion-controller/

Nizz

I'm still kind of confused about this. There's going to be extra content in this new edition and it's been confirmed for 360.

But I have a PS3 so this additional content will work only with the wand controls? Or will you be able to control the game/play the added content with the DS3?

fps fanatic said:
I'm still kind of confused about this. There's going to be extra content in this new edition and it's been confirmed for 360.

But I have a PS3 so this additional content will work only with the wand controls? Or will you be able to control the game/play the added content with the DS3?
I'm 99.9% sure that the PS3 version will have both control schemes available.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
darkpaladinmfc said:
I'm 99.9% sure that the PS3 version will have both control schemes available.
I'm sure that's correct. Heck, even the Wii Edition of RE4 includes Gamecube controller support (though it's not mentioned anywhere in the manual or in the game...it just works if you disconnect the nunchuck).

Yawwwwwwwn. Capcom attempting to milk money from me for one of their properties? I am shocked by this news.

Sorry, but RE5 wasn't a good enough game to merit a second purchase from me. Even with these newfangled motion controls.

Erebus

The Wise Old Man said:
Yawwwwwwwn. Capcom attempting to milk money from me for one of their properties? I am shocked by this news.

Sorry, but RE5 wasn't a good enough game to merit a second purchase from me. Even with these newfangled motion controls.
I could care less about the new motion controls really. I'm just interested in the extra scenario, if it is good enough I'll probably get it otherwise I'll pass or wait for the price to drop significantly.

dark10x said:
Mouse and keyboard are indeed superior to the Wii-mote, but that isn't the same thing Wii fans were clamoring for. I suppose the Wii-mote could be used on the PC, however, as has been demonstrated many times.
you'd think that. i haven't been able to get it working properly yet though.

even though i can move the mouse in all the menus with it, i can't move the aiming cursor with the wiimote. i'm hoping someone better at rigging up glovepie scripts can come up with something that works.

dark10x said:
I'm insulted that you would suggest I haven't spent a ridiculous amount of time in different environments trying to get the Wii-mote to function just right. My current setup is perfectly reasonable, but it still jitters when fine motions are attempted.

I've tried multiple Wii systems, sensor bars, and remotes. All sensitivity settings combined with different positions and distances. I test thoroughly in order to play Fragile, which demands that all aspects of the Wii-mote are working at 100%. Never really managed to get it working perfectly, unfortunately, but then again, the game wasn't as good as I had hoped either so it didn't matter. Programming can play a role, of course, as the Metroid title fare much better. They still aren't as good as I could have hoped, however.

Regardless, again, we disagree on the quality of the Wii-mote accuracy.

Your hand is the problem, not the wiimote. Unless you for some reason have defective equipement that no one eles has. I get perfect control for aiming with the wiimote unless I get over 15-20 feet away with the standard sensor bar. I've been playing metroid prime and it works flawlessly. I only have aiming problems because my eye hand coordination is not perfect all the time. A poor craftsman always blames his tools

Snaku said:
It still kills me that Jill didn't play a major role in taking out
Wesker
. What a crock of shit.

not true, Jill played an essential role in taking him out. She provided vital intel on him, like his source of power and weakness.

Red

It's probably been mentioned, but is the Director's Cut just the PSwaggle edition? I'm thinking of picking this up on PC, but I'll wait if there's an updated version coming out.

Eh nevermind, just bought it. One extra mission doesn't exactly excite me.

Rekki-Maru said:
not true, Jill played an essential role in taking him out. She provided vital intel on him, like his source of power and weakness.

Well, I'm sure people refers that she
should be the one to hold the other rocket launcher that finishes off Wesker, or even that she should had to take the lead when she was rescued, both Jill and Chris spended years of their lives hunting Wesker, Jill particularly was abduced by Wesker, used in numerous experiments and converted into a sex slave by him, she deserved blow up wesker and not that newcomer that dosn't have anything to do with Wesker.

"In regards to the Xbox 360, a lot of fans have enjoyed the game on the console. So we are working to release the additional content in another format, as a product."

hmm, does this means that the extra chapter will be released as DLC on 360?

KAOz

Short bus special
Caj814 said:
Plus there could be
WESKER CLONES ala Big Boss that we don't know about or Capcom could just pull right out of their ass!:lol

Not fully true. :p It's explained in the in-game files. It was very bad wording on their part. The whole
man-made
is a quite a fuck-up in a sense, since it gives a whole different idea of what's going on.

From the Wesker-file:
This plan was called the Wesker Plan, which was named after the chief researcher at the time. According to this plan, hundreds of children born of parents of superior intellect from all nationalities would be collected.

If their knowledge, logic, and self-will could not be altered by genetic manipulation, then Spencer himself would instill his values into these children by whatever means he deemed necessary.

These children were all given the surname Wesker, and after competition of their indoctrination/manipulation, they were placed into select controlled environments in various locations around the world, ever under Umbrella’s watchful eye.

The children themselves were to be kept unaware they were being monitored. With Umbrella’s concealed aid they all received the best education available in the fields they pursued.

After a few years, one child who showed particular promise was sent to Umbrella’s Training Facility in Raccoon City. This Wesker child’s name was Albert.

Lord Phol

Don't see why there has to be a reticle on the screen all the time, why not just make it pop up whenever you're aiming? Would be nice if they could incoperate better into the actual game, like make it an actual extension of Chris's aiming.

noah111

Still Alive
Lord Phol said:
Don't see why there has to be a reticle on the screen all the time, why not just make it pop up whenever you're aiming? Would be nice if they could incoperate better into the actual game, like make it an actual extension of Chris's aiming.
Agreed, especially since the reticle is so damn big to begin with, they could at least make it smaller/transparent when not in use.

But remember, they still have 6 (or more) months till it ships, more than enough time to do a ton of little changes like that..

Minsc

Gold Member
Glad to see that RE5 is going to have a proper way to play it, but that wand + gamepad combo looks :lol

Tenbatsu said:
Dam its exactly like RE4 Wii Edition.

I'm not sure if it's the tech or the presenter - but that reticule is moving extremely slowly. I'm not sure you'll get much of an advantage or more fun out of that over analog sticks if that really is a representation of the pointer capability.

Here's a comparison vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhA6iVVCxd0

It's not like the guy needs to be lining up headshots, but it looks like the reticule is being moved slower than an analog stick push. He can barely get above a torso shot after finishing off fallen enemies. Has anyone from Capcom commented on the sensitivity yet?

Blueblur1

It looks like it plays just like RE4 Wii Edition which is fine. But what about the glowing bulb? I would like to play this version but it would pretty ridiculous if I went to play RE5: Miitoo Edition in the dark and had this large bulb glowing near my hand the entire time. How about you guys at Capcom program it to be a different color at the very least?

Blueblur1 said:
It looks like it plays just like RE4 Wii Edition which is fine.

I'm going to strongly disagree on this. If the entire game plays like it did in that presentation, you will definitely be getting an inferior experience to RE4 Wii. You'll notice, in addition to a much much slower reticule, the difficulty level has been toned down and there are far fewer enemies on screen.

It may be functional - but it's pretty safe to say that this doesn't appear to be anywhere near the same control fidelity as RE4 Wii. Then again, the presenter could just really really suck.

x Maiku x

Apparently the Famitsu interview says it's too big to be DLC. :lol Yeah, okay, Capcom. GTA4 and others say hi. I guess it could be argued that all of the environments will be new, but it can't be that big. But they do say it's coming to 360. Hopefully a stand alone disc or something at most if there's really no DLC..

x Maiku x said:
Apparently the Famitsu interview says it's too big to be DLC. :lol Yeah, okay, Capcom. GTA4 and others say hi. I guess it could be argued that all of the environments will be new, but it can't be that big. But they do say it's coming to 360. Hopefully a stand alone disc or something at most if there's really no DLC..

I would perfer to sell my copy of RE5 and just get a stand alone disc of just this game insted.

Luigiv

mentalfloss said:
I'm going to strongly disagree on this. If the entire game plays like it did in that presentation, you will definitely be getting an inferior experience to RE4 Wii. You'll notice, in addition to a much much slower reticule, the difficulty level has been toned down and there are far fewer enemies on screen.

It may be functional - but it's pretty safe to say that this doesn't appear to be anywhere near the same control fidelity as RE4 Wii. Then again, the presenter could just really really suck.
Well the wand's pointer works via it's gyroscope rather than by a true pointer like the Wii remote, so I wouldn't be surprised if they had to trade sensitivity to get that level of precision.

donny2112

mentalfloss said:
I'm not sure if it's the tech or the presenter - but that reticule is moving extremely slowly.

Yeah, it's horribly slow. Maybe it's the guy, though. He didn't look like he wanted to actually be using the wand, at all. What is needed is someone who is very used to the Wii controls to try to use it for a comparison.

dark10x,
Have you tried someone else coming in who doesn't have the shaking pointer issue to use your setup to see if they still have a shaking pointer?

Top Bottom