• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition listed on PEGI for PC/Steam

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
It's fixed guys, downloading 9gigs

Mine isn't, still only the 102MB file to download on Steam, bugger :(

Have restarted Steam twice, I wonder why mine isn't playing ball. Maybe because I used my retail key to activate it and they haven't updated that sub yet?

KarmaCow

Is the DLC just extra stuff outside the main campaign? I can wait, especially when it's three times the cost of the main game right now but I would like to replay RE5 when there are people playing it.

Assuming this does actually get patched properly sometime this weekend.

Is the DLC just extra stuff outside the main campaign? I can wait, especially when it's three times the cost of the main game right now but I would like to replay RE5 when there are people playing it.

Assuming this does actually get patched properly sometime this weekend.

The DLC is completely isolated from the main campaign, yes.

Goldrush

Will RE5 digital keys from other stores work? So far, it's coming up as invalid for me. Brought mine from Gamefly way back and I don't even think they sell RE5 PC anymore.

Mr_Zombie

That DLC price. At least they could put it on sale too. :/

While i am at it, does this game have any good graphical mods?

There's ENB Series mod that removes the graphic filter (the grey-green filter) and that's it. But, to be honest, that's all you need. RE5 is a really good looking game with great image quality.

Anim

I'm still getting an invalid key message for my retail cd-key. Guess I'll have to wait some more.

For Dark Souls and Batman Arkham City the transitions went pretty smoothly, so I hope this time around it will be similar. Although now it's Capcom, so you never know.

Braag

I'm still getting an invalid key message for my retail cd-key. Guess I'll have to wait some more.

For Dark Souls and Batman Arkham City the transitions went pretty smoothly, so I hope this time around it will be similar. Although now it's Capcom, so you never know.

It took me a few days before my Dead Rising 2 retail key worked in Steam after the transition.
keep trying every day.

eyeless

looks like it broke the splitscreen mod

i've been waiting to replay this but splitscreen

fuuuck, hope somebody redoes the mod

T.O.P

Banned
Ok this is rather impossible

I'm getting 30-40 fps on this rig with everything maxed

i5 4690k
R290 Trl X 4GB
16GB DDR

i had 60fps on my 5 year old rig wtf

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
AH, the retail sub is working now so I'm downloading the game again.
Edit: And the first thing it installs? GFWL. Wow Capcom. And of course then the game crashes on first boot, lovely.

Jawmuncher

Any news on the filter mod? More so the one that gets rid of the filter. Is that still working?

Will this work with the Steamworks version?

I'll try it right now.

-------------

It shows up but I can't activate the effect. F11 just brings in a Black screen.
I think were gonna need a new mod for RE5 to get rid of the filter.

Bergerac

I played a Chapter just to test it out. I used to think it didn't play too bad but Jesus Christ the slow 90° turning... and I keep trying to strafe... and for some reason keep hitting X to run rather than A. Has REmake done that to me?

T.O.P

Banned
I played a Chapter just to test it out. I used to think it didn't play too bad but Jesus Christ the slow 90° turning... and I keep trying to strafe... and for some reason keep hitting X to run rather than A. Has REmake done that to me?

Same shit with me, only that the game is Rev2 lol

FLD

So is RE5 Steamworks now?
If yes I would download it now on my steam account, I only waited that the GFWL thing was removed.

Seems like it. I just installed it and played the first couple chapters and no sign of GFWL. I even unlocked a few achievements.

Also, I have to admit I'm mildly annoyed that they didn't bother renaming the app to "Resident Evil 5 / Biohazard 5" to be consistent with the other games. That's what it says in the store but in my library it's still just Resident Evil 5. It's a minor gripe but it still kinda bugs me. :/

Seems like it. I just installed it and played the first couple chapters and no sign of GFWL. I even unlocked a few achievements.

Also, I have to admit I'm mildly annoyed that they didn't bother renaming the app to "Resident Evil 5 / Biohazard 5" to be consistent with the other games. That's what it says in the store but in my library it's still just Resident Evil 5. It's a minor gripe but it still kinda bugs me. :/

I see, at least everything is working now without GFWL, the price for the gold edition is still steep though, especially I already own the normal game and still need to pay €14.99, damn it Capcom.
That is weird anyway, Capcom gives a crap about consistency it seems.

PensOwl

Banned

You can strafe in re5, its in one of the control types. Type C or D maybe?

Hellraider

How long is the dlc?

A couple of hours each episode (there are two). I might be a little generous here. There is also other stuff like costumes and mercenaries stages if you are into it (and you should be, its amazing).

It's good, it was well worth the price when it was released. Not so many years later, though.

void666

Banned
A couple of hours each episode (there are two). I might be a little generous here. There is also other stuff like costumes and mercenaries stages if you are into it (and you should be, its amazing).

It's good, it was well worth the price when it was released. Not so many years later, though.

Ok, thanks. I'm too busy playing bloodborne now. Might buy the dlc later.

TGMIII

I take it retail people are SOL?

GFWL keys are slowly being added to the steam key list. If it doesn't work now try again later, same thing happened with Dead Rising 2 when it switched over to steamworks. It's possible it could take a day or two.

alf717

GFWL keys are slowly being added to the steam key list. If it doesn't work now try again later, same thing happened with Dead Rising 2 when it switched over to steamworks. It's possible it could take a day or two.

OK thank you. I'll try again in a few days.

Unai

Good! I'll play it today. The DLC is only R$ 13,60 right now here (or 4.27 US dollars).

Edit: I was mistaken. This is the price of the full game.

robgrab

Mine is updating now. I'm afraid to open it though because people are saying their save games are gone. Should I wait?

Elija2

They said that they'll be releasing a tool to migrate saves and achievements from GFWL to Steam at a later date. So if you don't want to restart everything, hold on for that.

FLD

Oh shit, scratch that. Seems they just did update it, my library now says RE5/Bio5. Nice!

Top Bottom