• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition listed on PEGI for PC/Steam

Parsnip

Anyone think this is likely to have trading cards when it finally goes up?

The completionist in me wants to have a set of badges for the series.

I'd say the chances are pretty decent, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to remind Capcom about them on the Steam Community hub/Capcom Unity or somewhere.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Now we can finally mod Jill out of LiN for superior Sheva!

OprahNo.gif

I didn't think I'd ever hear someone say this wrong opinion, but here we are.

More like "Now we can finally mod Josh out of the second DLC and replace him with superior Chris."

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Steam Achievements include Lost in Nightmares, Desperate Escape, Versus, and Mercenaries Reunion achievements, so yai.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Patch is still GfWL. Guess it's a prep. patch for the DLC and stuff to move save files over? Similar to Dark Souls' Steamworks patch.

Dusk Golem

i will pay for that DLC the microsecond it is available

On account the achievements are included with the base game, I'm thinking all people who own RE5 will be updated to the Gold Edition, and the only version buyable on Steam from here on out will be the Gold Edition.

I knew it wasn't going to be the update for it all as it was way too small to be adding the content, but I am guessing it's a pre-patch to try and preserve save files, I hope the bigger patch comes in just a little bit.

Parsnip

I knew it wasn't going to be the update for it all as it was way too small to be adding the content, but I am guessing it's a pre-patch to try and preserve save files, I hope the bigger patch comes in just a little bit.

Nope, the patch was just directx and VC redistributables.

Dusk Golem

Also, I think I know why they released this update now.
In the newest Resident Evil Revelations 2 trailer,
you can see Uroboros in it,

Arklite

OprahNo.gif

More like "Now we can finally mod Josh out of the second DLC and replace him with superior Chris."

Josh Stone is a legend, and also has the better melee moves, which makes me glad to finally be getting Merc's Reunion on PC.

Parsnip

I'm somewhat surprised that they added two depots for dlc.
While you could buy the gold stuff dlc piece meal on consoles, the actual gold edition release included everything.
So the fact that one of the depots is called Gold Pack, you could assume that it will have everything as well.
The other depot is just DLC pack. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd put my money on re.net integration. DLC guns for Merc Reunion, or something like that.

bndadm

This is phenomenal news. This DLC was the sole reason I kept my 360 copy around. If this is really coming to PC then I'm picking it up right away.

Dusk Golem

http://www.openshop.com.hk/Resident_Evil_5_Gold_Edition_p6089.html

Pre-order on a Chinese site for the whole Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition deal, includes two things of interest.

01.) Screenshots:

01(2).jpg
12(2).jpg
03(5).jpg
02(2).jpg

B.) Confirms all the Gold Edition content, in case any doubts. That also includes the two costumes previously not in the PC version and and the new trophies.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Oh god fuck I just realized they might break 3D Vision compatibility with the Steamworks update. I'm gonna back up my copy now.

Dusk Golem

So odds are it will be released tomorrow alongside a RE franchise weekend sale?

There's a high chance, PEGI's site before it took the rating down said the release date was February 19th, the update today, the pre-order on the Chinese site, etc., A sale is a bit less likely, but definitely possible, especially with Revelations 2 coming out next week and this game updating this week and the recent successful release of Resident Evil HD Remaster.

Parsnip

BSAA Jill's the best Jill.

For anyone who wants to follow stuff and things, here's the app in Steamdb.
https://steamdb.info/app/21690/history/
Bookmark it or something.

The relevant and new depots are "Resident Evil 5 (non-GFWL)", "Resident Evil 5 - DLC Pack" and "Resident Evil 5 - Gold Pack" all of which are currently empty and unused. There are no new branches yet, so it's hard to say anything else about how exactly are they planning to do this.

There's a high chance, PEGI's site before it took the rating down said the release date was February 19th, the update today, the pre-order on the Chinese site, etc., A sale is a bit less likely, but definitely possible, especially with Revelations 2 coming out next week and this game updating this week and the recent successful release of Resident Evil HD Remaster.

I'd say there's ZERO chance. Come on now. PEGI rating date means nothing in relation to actual game release dates.

My RE5 just updated 100mb.
It's just VC 2005 Redist and DirectX Jun 2010 Redist.

Dusk Golem

BSAA Jill's the best Jill.

For anyone who wants to follow stuff and things, here's the app in Steamdb.
https://steamdb.info/app/21690/history/
Bookmark it or something.

The relevant and new depots are "Resident Evil 5 (non-GFWL)", "Resident Evil 5 - DLC Pack" and "Resident Evil 5 - Gold Pack" all of which are currently empty and unused. There are no new branches yet, so it's hard to say anything else about how exactly are they planning to do this.

I'd say there's ZERO chance. Come on now. PEGI rating date means nothing in relation to actual game release dates.

Yes, but the Capcom Steam moderator posted this on one of the Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition updates:

can anybody give a rough estimation on the date of steamworks?
Before it got taken down PEGI was giving a release of 19th February was planned.
Take that how ever you will

Dark Samus is the Capcom Steam moderator, they post info sometimes on the forums and respond to questions, and handle some of the Steam side stuff to report community-found bugs and such to the developers on the PC version from the community. However, that's just on-top of todays update and the Gold Edition being purchasable now from a Chinese site, where its the 19th over there now.

Jawmuncher

That would be cool and make perfect sense.
Franchise sale before the release of Rev 2 since it's episodic. So it shows more people a new game is coming out, let's peopme but games if they plan on waiting for all the episodes. Or if they want to play more RE while episodes release. At the end of the day capcom just wants the money anyway they can and oddly enough "stealth" releases seem to be quite the attention makes on steam. Especially if they include a day 1 discount.

Parsnip

Yes, but the Capcom Steam moderator posted this on one of the Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition updates:

Dark Samus is the Capcom Steam moderator, they post info sometimes on the forums and respond to questions, and handle some of the Steam side stuff to report community-found bugs and such to the developers on the PC version from the community. However, that's just on-top of todays update and the Gold Edition being purchasable now from a Chinese site, where its the 19th over there now.

I don't know Dark Samus and I can't take your word on who he is.

I know for a fact though that Ori and the Blind Forest is rated by PEGI with a releasedate of 2015-01-30. It's not released yet though, it's coming in March. The Valkyria Chronicles PEGI leak listed a date was about a month too early. Usually the dates are fixed when the game is actually out, like they did for Valkyria. But for anything that isn't out yet, you shouldn't trust the PEGI dates at all.

I'd love to be wrong of course, but you are getting ahead of yourself. Capcom hasn't even officially announced the Gold Edition yet, that I have seen anyway.

Dusk Golem

I don't know Dark Samus and I can't take your word on who he is.

I know for a fact though that Ori and the Blind Forest is rated by PEGI with a releasedate of 2015-01-30. It's not released yet though, it's coming in March. The Valkyria Chrocniles PEGI leak listed a date was about a month too early. Usually the dates are fixed when the game is actually out, like they did for Valkyria. But for anything that isn't out yet, you shouldn't trust the PEGI dates at all.

I'd love to be wrong of course, but you are getting ahead of yourself. Capcom hasn't even officially announced the Gold Edition yet, that I have seen anyway.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/21690/discussions/0/618453594765244044/

Go to that topic, where Dark Samus says it, you'll find Dark Samus is the moderator on every single Resident Evil Steam forum. PEGI is not to be trusted with dates, I agree, but with everything, at the very least it's coming very soon, I also believe they want to release the game before Resident Evil Revelations 2 releases next week, as looking at Revelations 2 newest trailer, it seems to have certain ties to Resident Evil 5, and potentially its DLC... I don't want to say too much for spoilers, though.

If you don't care for spoilers:
It seems that Uroboros is in Resident Evil Revelations 2, it seems Uroboros combines with a Tyrant, and it looks like the main villain of Revelations 2 may end up being Alex Wesker, the character only mentioned in Resident Evil 5's Lost in Nightmares DLC. Albert Wesker also makes a lot of photograph appearances in Revelations 2.

DedValve

Banned
OprahNo.gif

I was actually going to say mod Josh in everything.

Except Sheva who clearly is the best partner.

Parsnip

http://steamcommunity.com/app/21690/discussions/0/618453594765244044/

Go to that topic, where Dark Samus says it, you'll find Dark Samus is the moderator on every single Resident Evil Steam forum. PEGI is not to be trusted with dates, I agree, but with everything, at the very least it's coming very soon, I also believe they want to release the game before Resident Evil Revelations 2 releases next week, as looking at Revelations 2 newest trailer, it seems to have certain ties to Resident Evil 5, and potentially its DLC... I don't want to say too much for spoilers, though.
Oh, Steam community moderator. Heh, those are just volunteers chosen by Valve. Clearly he doesn't have any inside info if he cites the PEGI date as something to even pay attention to.
Feel free to be optimistic of course, but I prefer realistic.

Also according to Chinese page you linked yourself.
If the info on that page is accurate, Google translate tells me it's coming in April!

Which makes more sense. I'd bet that at least part of the team that worked on REmaster moved on to this now. The timing of that makes more sense than a surprise release before Rev2.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How do you guys know that there's gonna be a RE franchise sale tomorrow?

Steam's Weekend Deals have already started and RE isn't among them. I'd expect a sale when the patch goes live, not while it's still in development -- and at this stage, since work only just begun, it's weeks if not months away.

Mr_Zombie

Reminds me, would still like the laser pointer added to the game for mouse control instead of that default reticule.

There was a mod that replaced the reticule with laser pointer. But it would be nice if you could simply change it in settings and not by modding the game.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
My playtime in this game is going to skyrocket once this DLC comes out. Rebuy the entire game again at full price *JUST* to play as Excella, Josh, Rebecca, etc

finley83

Banned
I already have a retail copy of this, wonder if they'll make GFWL codes redeemable on Steam after the switchover?

(probably not)

Mr_Zombie

I already have a retail copy of this, wonder if they'll make GFWL codes redeemable on Steam after the switchover?

(probably not)

I doubt it. RE5 was released when GfWL codes could hardly be called a protection. You could activate any game with any GfWL code (not to mention, you could activate many games with a single code).

Dunno how did I missed this thread.

100% this game some years ago, and I liked the shared achievements feature with Xbox Live. But if I learned something from japanese developers, it's that I will have to unlock everything again (good), and will have to pay as much as every newcomer to get the full game on a random sale.

Deus Ex already spoiled me.

Top Bottom