• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6: Bro-Splosion Announced, Nov 20 PS3/360, PC Later, PR/Trailer In OP

ezekial45

Banned
Good grief, this must be Capcom's busiest year.

- RE:Operation Raccoon City
- RE: Revelations
- RE6
- Asura's Wrath
- Street Fighter X Tekken
- DMC HD Collection
- DmC: Devil May Cry
-
Am I missing anything?

Luigi87

I wouldn't be surprised if this is also for Wii U (in conjunction with PS3/360, obviously), and marketed as a Wii U launch title.
Edit: Ah, didn't consider the lack of logo... Hmm..

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Pretty quick turnaround from announcement to release. Although I think they were gonna announce it a couple times before, but stopped short...

Basically RE reached until today based in the two formulas that Mikami created and then other people at Capcom refined.

I want to see what Capcom can do without relying on Mikami's Legacy at all.

PD: Also why Chris is in every main RE game lately? He was irrelevant after Leon RE4 version.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
No PC version? I guess that /v/ "leak"/rumors are right then: Confirmed: Wesker's body spreads the T-virus across "Europe" and Jill is one of the main characters (<3), Chris isn't in (<3), Leon is (<3), and some new black dude that's probably more boring than Sheeva and what's his face in Bio5 for the affirmative action token black person (</3).

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
i0bMN7J2tqPxV.gif

I &#9829; RE

Hopefully is also full co-op this time!

And hopefully it's good like RE 1-CV!

Seriously, no more action horror or just action with tension like RE5. Make this good damnit!

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I hope we play as Leon.

See above.

IGN said:
For the first time in Resident Evil history, Leon Kennedy and Chris Redfield will both be playable characters in Capcom's ambitious six main entry in its survival horror series. Sources within the development team have started to give IGN a broad picture of the game's scope, which certainly seems larger than any Resident Evil title we've seen so far

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1216844p1.html

Yuterald

omg the game is being developed by the same internal Japanese team that has handled the previous entries. Thank god! What a gigantic fucking relief. Now I can start to get moderately hyped about this! =)

From IGN:
That same report suggests this game is being styled after both Resident Evil 4 and 5, attempting to find a middle ground between horror and action.
As long as they recognize that RE5 was not a middle ground...

FoneBone

PC version would probably be DD-only (like Capcom's past few PC releases) and therefore I don't think Gamestop would be promoting it much.

wrowa

If the Leon/Chris part of the rumor is true, it's probably also true that RE6 is trying to hit the sweetspot between RE4 and RE5.

That's a little disappointing in my book.

DMeisterJ

Banned
My HD console is ready. I'm so pumped for it. I actually quite liked the co-op ness of RE5 so if this is co-op again, I shall be happy.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Good grief, this must be Capcom's busiest year.

- RE:Operation Raccoon City
- RE: Revelations
- RE6
- Asura's Wrath
- Street Fighter X Tekken
- DMC HD Collection
- DmC: Devil May Cry
-
Am I missing anything?

Monster Hunter 4
Metal Gear Solid Rising

The gameplay details seem uhh weird. I hope they aren't call of dutying resident evil with the globetrotting and all that. They say they want to strike a balance between 4 and 5, I don't get that either. Why not just aim for something like 4 with better controls lol.

We're also told Ada Wong will have a playable role in the game, though not immediately. It appears as though the Ada storyline will become available to players after the Chris and Leon arcs have been completed, plus a third primary narrative featuring a new character. Any of the three main story branches will be selectable early on in the game, allowing players to see each storyline through to completion before starting another one.

holy fucking shit.

It's really important for the Vita and WiiU to have RE6 on it. Not sure how much third-party support either gets ever if it can't get a version of this.

Also, I loved RE4, but I've never played RE5. I heard the setpieces were designed worse and the forced co-op was poor, is that the general consensus? I'm still interested...

Top Bottom