• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6: Bro-Splosion Announced, Nov 20 PS3/360, PC Later, PR/Trailer In OP

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
We know Baldy is bare-handed. The question is: will he take the boulder punching crown from Chris?

I think people are talking about the HelicopterEXPLOSIONS...kung-fuZombiePresident style more than the controls. The Resi games under Mikami saved that stuff for the endgame, they didn't shove it in your face right from the start.
All the press releases so far are implying the brofist gameplay is a campaign separate from Leon's story, which is definitely more atmospheric. You can complain that the whole game isn't like that, I guess, but Resident Evil 5 was a sales monster, there's just no way Capcom would completely abandon that style.

Edit: Beaten by plagiarize. How ironic lol

GOD DAMMIT!!!

AT LAST!!!!

THIS LOOKS LIKE A REAL RESIDENT EVIL SINCE RESIDENT EVIL 3 (or Zero whatever!)!!!!

I'm so hyped about this, specially because we'll use Leon and Chris and that new guy looks an awesome melee kind of character!!!

Never saw that coming but I wish the PC version comes out fast since I'll wait for it (better resolution and AA and shit) but this is REALLY GREAT!!!

At last Capcom, we shall meet again on the battlefield Mhwahahaha!!.... but... where's Wesker??

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
The trailer looked balls to the wall amazing. Also, Leon is the best.

Glad to see co-op is confirmed, as well.

def sim

Put me in the team that wants Ada dead for realsies.

Every time I see her in RE4 I just want to roll my eyes and say oh whatever.

Riposte

This game is going to be SO GOOD.

His moves remind me of alberto(Mahvel GAF meme) wesker?

Could he be Alex Wesker?

yesssssss

Yeah, look what happened to him after he went into cover.

ib1G9DmE2C2DBs.gif

yessssssssssssssssssssssssss

I'M HYPED, LETS GO.

The Boat

Hmm.. well, I was really digging it until it turned into Gears of War. Then it turned into some other action game. I dunno, it looks like they're mixing different types of play for different characters, maybe it'll work, maybe not.
I'll play it as long as that dog is in it.

Yeah this is going to be dope. Old school fans may be sad it's not the game they want, but somehow the RE team became one of the best action developers in the business. RE5 was fucking excellent in terms of pacing, variety, creativity, and had incredible coop mechanics. They shot themselves in the foot: in their desire to make deep coop mechanics they went beyond the capabilities of their AI and so ruined the SP. If you hate on RE5, you owe it to yourself to try it again with a partner, it's apples and oranges. Plus they're no slouch in the graphics department either.

What RE5 is one of the most creatively bankrupt games out there. They didn't even improve on anything 4 did, it is basicly the same game except worse. It lacks any attempt at atmosphere and if you call moving quickly through the areas without actually building up suspense good pacing, well god help you. Even the added co-op is fluff with hardly any situations made to make use of it. The ones that are there are bad and nothing to write home about.

No really new enemies. A laughable plot that dosent do anything for the RE mythos as well. Hell it looks the fun humor of 4 even.

It's kinda funny how Leon is a full grown man now yet he's still rocking that pretty boy haircut.

It looks out of place IMO, but it's also probably his most recognizable characteristic so I'm not surprised they kept it.

leadbelly

Banned
The problem with games (and anything involving creative arts in general) is that when you try to please everyone, you end up pleasing no one.

That has a tendency to happen, yes. I hope they manage to balance all that crap out in a good way though. It seems like every character plays differently in some way. In that sense it is like a huge mix of different actions games.

SkylineRKR

I hate Chris too. He's the most boring character although I liked him pre-RE5. I think his scenario will be the one where co-op can be utilized.

As for the merc and Leon, I hope those stay single player.

Curufinwe

It is a complete mystery to me as to how anyone likes Ada at all. Oh wait, she's a scantily clad woman. I cracked the case.

That's got almost nothing to do with it. If it did, Excella would be popular. The fact that she's a mysterious badass who plays by her own rules is why Ada's so popular.

Couldn't tell from the trailer if the graphics are actually any good.

It has to be the MT Framework Engine, and if it is that you can at least expect the gorgeous IQ RE5 had.

BTW, RE4 was awesome but personally it wasn't a real RE.

THIS on the other hand seems to be Resident Evil with RE5 style of gameplay and view.

SO HYPED!! =D

edit:
and the return of Zombies is sooooooooooo good....
*datass.gif*

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
It's not the same without Paul Mercier as Leon either. After playing RE4 so many times it's going to be weird listening to this new dude while Ashley stays the same.

Psy-Phi

Can't wait! I'll get the PS3 or 360 version this year and PC version later again. Loved me some RE5 (contrary to what most people round here seem to).

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Cool. I had problems with RE5, but that didn't stop me from playing it for 60+ hours. I'm in, hopefully the PC version isn't like, several months late so I can hold out for the best experience.

Melchiah

Chris Redfield and Leon Kennedy will not be alone in this new game. Both Chris and Leon will have unnamed partners of their own, teaming up in similar fashion to the Chris Redfield/Jessica Sherawat and Jill Valentine/Parker Luciani pairings in Resident Evil Revelations.

From the outset the team’s intention was to create an experience that delivers a gripping storyline, tense single-player and co-op action all set against a constant theme of horror. We are calling this fusion dramatic horror and are confident it will resonate with both existing fans of the series as well as newcomers.

So, will there be a mandatory AI controlled partner or not? I really hope the answer is no, but that's probably just wishful thinking.

Hopefully there'll be some elements, that invoke the horror atmosphere of yesteryears, like in Lost in Nightmares DLC which was my favorite part of RE5.

I also hope they'll improve the boss battles, which were mostly quite annoying in RE5.

Kacho

I am all for everything I just saw. This game looks really, really great. What a brilliant idea to give everyone what they want.

Riposte said:
The only thing this game is missing is Josh Stone. He is a legend.

Yeah, I feel he's underrated as a character. I was hoping to see him in this iteration.

def sim

The fact that she's a mysterious badass who plays by her own rules is why Ada's so popular.

oh whatever

she's a mystery no one should care about

It's kinda funny how Leon is a full grown man now yet he's still rocking that pretty boy haircut.

It looks out of place IMO, but it's also probably his most recognizable characteristic so I'm not surprised they kept it.

Yeah the dude is also kind of a huge dork with lame jokes, which is probably why he's so endearing.

Ezalc

Leons got a great taste in jackets. First it was that bomber jacket, now this black one. WANT.

Yes! High fucking five man!

Only way this game could get more hyped is if Hunk was in it and if Luis somehow came back but as a good guy and not some enemy boss. Luis was awesome :(. Oh and the Merchant too, gotta have him selling and buying shit for a high price.

Pennywise

Yeah. I'm done with plodding atmospheric RE games. RE4 buried that shit with its fantastic gameplay.

And I played RE5 entirely in co-op, so I enjoyed that quite a bit.

I just hope RE6 has co-op in the story, so I can play with my roommate.

It is a complete mystery to me as to how anyone likes Ada at all. Oh wait, she's a scantily clad woman. I cracked the case.

I thought they did Operation Racoon City for that reason :X

Actually im split because the first half of the trailer looked incredible but as soon as Chris arrived and started to Shot on other fellas as well as being Marcus Fenix the hype went down a bit.

Just hope Wesker won't come back and that Matrix type of shit will never surface again or at least in not such a annoying way like CV.

Top Bottom