• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 day-one patch breaks PSN copies

Nibel

Find hope if old

Update

iMcXCwDo3tZg2.png

---

Original post

Resident Evil 6's day-one PlayStation 3 patch has stopped downloaded copies of game from loading, which renders the game unplayable.

Compatibility issues between the patch and legitimately-downloaded PSN copies can be circumvented by a workaround, Capcom told IGN, while the developer readies a fresh patch.

"The temporary fix to ensure people can enjoy Resident Evil 6 today as intended is to ask
those people to uninstall the game (only if they originally saw an error message) and reinstall the game," a Capcom spokesperson said. "This time they won't be prompted to download the patch and the game will load."

But anyone using this workaround will be left unable to play online with others.
"Please note, however, these people won't be able to play against disc owners on a temporary basis," Capcom added. "We are working with SCEE (Sony) to fix this issue and a patch is imminent to fix the issue."

The issue also blocks RE.net, the game's online stat-tracking and reward service.
Disc-based PS3 copies of the game remain unaffected - the problem only hits fans who pre-paid and downloaded a digital copy.

Source

Hanmik

Just redownload the game...

wauw... 10Gb.. and with the, sometimes, very unstable PSN speeds ... I feel very sad for those people..

wow, really? how many disks is the Xbox version then?

Two, one is optional from what I understand (just language add-ons).

This situation really sucks, and really doesn't help the perception of digital distribution of the big AAA games. Which sucks since Sony is doing a lot to bring day and date digital distribution to the consoles in a meaningful way.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Things are going so bad for Resi6 and the only positive topic we'll ever get for it is "One day has passed with no one saying anything negative about Resident Evil 6"

SJRB

Gold Member
With the game file being 10gb and PSN being as slow as it is most of the time, "just re-install the game" isn't as easy a fix as this guy thinks it is.

Roxas

Something happened with my retail version too the first time i tried to download the patch. It reset my PS3 and then an error message popped up

Hanmik

Something happened with my retail version too the first time i tried to download the patch. It reset my PS3 and then an error message popped up

could you launch the game afterwards..? or does the error continue when you try to launch the game again..?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Hi

I have 360 version but the patch broke my copy too :(

all the gameplay in the first hour of the game got deleted???

Replicant

This is one example as to why I don't buy digital games beyond 2GB and I don't buy digital stuff if there is a hard copy equivalent.

Flayer

Surely you could just delete the patch from the game folder? All other games with installs work like that. There's 1 file for the install and another for patches (which sometimes seems to get grouped with DLC). Unless RE6 is a special case there is no need to redownload the main game.

KillerAJD

Has it actually been fixed (the scee twitter above makes it sound like that's so)? If not, my buddy with really strict bandwidth caps is going to be very unpleasant tomorrow. He was already pissed at the NHL "midnight" realease, and this may break him, haha. I told him he shouldn't have bought this game...

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
They're only trying to protect you from playing the game.

Top Bottom