• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 7 biohazard | OT | BIOHAZARD 7 resident evil

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Good news.....

Bad news.....

I got through the game and even though i was using a guide I missed 1 goddamn antique coin so I didn't get my trophy for that. God damn it. :(

No the good news is, you now have a reason to replay the game with your brand new
Infinite ammo unlock!

myco666

Good news.....

Bad news.....

I got through the game and even though i was using a guide I missed 1 goddamn antique coin so I didn't get my trophy for that. God damn it. :(

Now that sucks. Do you know what coin you are missing and do you have earlier saves? You also have infinite ammo now so going through Madhouse shouldn't be that hard.

Demoskinos

Now that sucks. Do you know what coin you are missing and do you have earlier saves? You also have infinite ammo now so going through Madhouse shouldn't be that hard.

I've got a hunch for sure. I think I may have skipped the one coin in the
testing area
that is in the dark corner. I know I grabbed it once but it may have been a case of I had a restart from dying and then forgot to swing around and grab that one.

I have a ton of manual saves so my options are either play through with the infinite ammo and rest of unlockable goodies on my final run to get that or.... dig through my manual saves and replay the last 1/3rd of the game normally again....

myco666

I've got a hunch for sure. I think I may have skipped the one coin in the
testing area
that is in the dark corner. I know I grabbed it once but it may have been a case of I had a restart from dying and then forgot to swing around and grab that one.

I have a ton of manual saves so my options are either play through with the infinite ammo and rest of unlockable goodies on my final run to get that or.... dig through my manual saves and replay the last 1/3rd of the game normally again....

Unlocks work so that they should be avaible for you in all of the saves. Even in the ones you made before acquiring those bonuses. Or atleast I remember downloading a old save because I didn't want to go through the intro so that I can just test the infinite ammo.

Demoskinos

Unlocks work so that they should be avaible for you in all of the saves. Even in the ones you made before acquiring those bonuses. Or atleast I remember downloading a old save because I didn't want to go through the intro so that I can just test the infinite ammo.

Yeah, that's what I ended up doing. I think I hit the legal limit of RE7 in one day today... beat the game 3 times....

Weird question, but...

How low can I realistically expect the price for this to drop by, say, October?

My plan is to wait to play around Halloween and I'm wondering if I should take advantage of Target's B2G1 sale right now or wait until September or October to see how far the price has dropped.

I'm terrible at predicting this kind of stuff but GAF is usually pretty good.

emb

Weird question, but...

My plan is to wait to play around Halloween and I'm wondering if I should take advantage of Target's B2G1 sale right now or wait until September or October to see how far the price has dropped.

I'd guess it'll probably go down to like 30 by then. If you aren't going to play until October anyway, might as well wait. Seems like stores have B2G1s often in Sep/Oct to make room for new holiday inventory.

Hazmat

Weird question, but...

It was $40 one day last week on amazon. $30-40 as the regular price in six months sounds about right.

Celeras

Banned
Really want to finish this before tackling NieR, can anyone give me a spoiler free percentage regarding how far I am? I
just left the trailer after Jack's Chainsaw fight, and made it to the save point with the backpack (Mia video house)

I have like 6.5 hours playtime.. but exclusively in VR and I am a coward walking like a snail and peaking every corner. I know the game is short but I have a feeling I'm not very far yet :| Hoping for almost halfway?

emb

Really want to finish this before tackling NieR, can anyone give me a spoiler free percentage regarding how far I am? I
just left the trailer after Jack's Chainsaw fight, and made it to the save point with the backpack (Mia video house)

I have like 6.5 hours playtime.. but exclusively in VR and I am a coward walking like a snail and peaking every corner. I know the game is short but I have a feeling I'm not very far yet :| Hoping for almost halfway?
I'd say probably 25 to 30 percent.

I tried to play in VR. Was a great experience, but it was tough to keep myself moving forward. I eventually just played in 2D with the freaking lights on because I wanted to just finish the game, haha.

Demoskinos

OH BOY. Now I get to tackle this run where you don't open the item box more than 3 times which means I... can't open the item box at all because there are exactly already 3 times when you're forced to open it to proceed.

Celeras

Banned
I'd say probably 25 to 30 percent.

I tried to play in VR. Was a great experience, but it was tough to keep myself moving forward. I eventually just played in 2D with the freaking lights on because I wanted to just finish the game, haha.

SHIT. Haha, thanks. Non-VR is not an option for me, it's too unique of an experience. I am afraid I will never go back if I don't finish it first (shortly after NieR is Persona...) so I will try to push through. The bugs are less corner-jumping scary than the previous section (so far) so maybe I can man up.

Bumhead

Banned
Absolutely loving this game.

Just a superb return to form. For my tastes this game captures everything that Resident Evil is to me. And although I haven't finished it, it might end up being my second favourite RE game as a result.

I'm currently
waiting to find Mia and Zoe having just escaped Lucas' testing grounds and the birthday cake puzzle/room. Literally just in the save room having immediately finished that section.
. It's taken me just over 6 hours to reach that point. How much further, roughly, am I looking at?

LifeLike

Absolutely loving this game.

Just a superb return to form. For my tastes this game captures everything that Resident Evil is to me. And although I haven't finished it, it might end up being my second favourite RE game as a result.

I'm currently
waiting to find Mia and Zoe having just escaped Lucas' testing grounds and the birthday cake puzzle/room. Literally just in the save room having immediately finished that section.
. It's taken me just over 6 hours to reach that point. How much further, roughly, am I looking at?

Half way.

Demoskinos

Just got my plat trophy. :)

Thinking about doing the DLC? I dunno. Maybe I'll just wait until the chris DLC drops and do all of the DLC at once.

I wish Nightmare was the mode that got a bunch of stages instead of Jack's Birthday.

Racing for better times with OP weapons just isn't that interesting to me. I dropped that when I got all the S ranks, but I still play Nightmare once in a while.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
OH BOY. Now I get to tackle this run where you don't open the item box more than 3 times which means I... can't open the item box at all because there are exactly already 3 times when you're forced to open it to proceed.

Not quite. There's only two places where you are forced to use the Item Box. But feel free to pull out your unlocked items from the box. Only once of course. The last part where you have to open the box, you can actually work around...
You don't have to open the box after the Wrecked Ship. You can totally do the mines with the Grenade Launcher that appears at the first mine save spot, if you didn't grab it in the house. You'll die to the final boss, yes, but then you can rearrange your items from the menu and it doesn't count for the trophy.

bumpkin

My new site Good Enough Geek has posted a review of the first DLC, with a review of the second coming next week. Please check it out:

Resident Evil 7 Banned Footage Vol. 1 DLC review [Good Enough Geek]
Good read. Your review actually talked me out of buying the DLC though. The horde mode style scenario sounds okay, but the one with Margie sounds like a pain in the ass, and the third not being VR-compatible seals the deal for me.

I'll probably hang tight and just buy the story chapter DLC alone when that drops.

Daffy Duck

Is the season pass worth it?

I want more content for the game but not sure what's out already or if the content is actually any good.

knitoe

There's only 2x,
before and after birthday event
, you are force to open the item box. The other time, you can access anytime + use the boss/death/manage item option which doesn't count to the total.

Replaying the game and just now I realized that
it's your car in the garage during the Jack fight.
Like 8 playthroughs and I just noticed that. Jeez I'm dumb.

dlauv

Just started and I really like it. It feels like the true and proper Condemned 2.

That's an insult to Condemned's great combat and scariness.

Both of you should replay Condemned for different reasons. Not only is the combat jank-town (still good for first-person perspective), but the level design, combat, and item usage couldn't be anymore different.

Edit: Oh, "just started."

myco666

Anyone got any tips for 21 Survival+? Its the one DLC that I'm completely failing at

Little bit late reply but if you are still having problems here are few tips I can give.

- Recommend to unlock atleast few trump cards before attempting Survival+ so that you can deal with Hoffmans trump cards.

- Always count cards. This is obvious but you really need to do it. Makes your life easier and more stress free. You should often be able to deduct what Hoffman has or atleast get very good assumptions on what he might have.

- Use all bet up cards if you are sure you are going to win. Makes the rounds go much faster and you don't have to spend too many trump cards on other rounds. I would suggest using them even in cases where you aren't 100% certain you are going to win but pretty sure too.

- Draw cards can be used to determine what card Hoffman has hidden. For example perfect draw should always give you the card you need in order to get 21. If you get anything below what you were supposed to get Hoffman has it. This way you will know exactly what he has and if you can win or not. You can use it even the other way around as in if Hoffman uses it.

- Exchange card is godlike. You can easily pull too big cards and then just give it to Hoffman and he won't do anything about it. This will most likely make him go over.

- If Hoffman doesn't pick cards he isn't going to pick cards unless you remove his cards.

- Save destroy cards to later rounds. As you can see here you have to deal with curse and all other nonsense that you need to destroy if you want to win.

- Make sure you don't lose more than 1 bet at anytime you lose.

In general just keep calm and think a lot as you are not on a timer. My succesful run was about 1 hour.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Just finished the game last night, it was a great game and it felt like RE returned back to its roots. I'll say this game is really scary.

The first half of the game was scary because you had to sneak away and run from certain enemies. The latter half plays like RE4 though.

Koyuga

Replaying the game and just now I realized that
it's your car in the garage during the Jack fight.
Like 8 playthroughs and I just noticed that. Jeez I'm dumb.

Well damn, I always thought it was weird when Jack said
"Nice car, Ethan!"
Now it all makes sense. I too am dumb.

SMG

Played Resident Evil since the first one, 7 is the only one I've beaten.
The move to first person and the less obtuse puzzles were enough to hook me, hoping the remake of 2 goes for something similar.

Played Resident Evil since the first one, 7 is the only one I've beaten.
The move to first person and the less obtuse puzzles were enough to hook me, hoping the remake of 2 goes for something similar.

First person ReMake 2 would be the end of the franchise. No third person no buy

I'm legit unable to play this game alone especially in VR scary as fuck so I'm progressing sooo slow in the game. Sucks because it is so interesting at the same time. Really love everything about it.

And no re2make is not meant to be first person. Shades of FF7R terrible Ness.

Daffy Duck

Can you complete the game on easy in under four hours to get that buzz saw weapon for use on madhouse or does it have to be normal?

gfxtwin

Has the blatant texture pop-in on the PS4 version been patched (not really expecting it to be, but asking jic)? Going into a room and staring at some ps2 textured furniture for five seconds until the hi-res texture finally appears, leaving the room, noticing it happen again, happening in yet another room, etc.

Planet

does selecting zoe instead of mia change things in any way?
Not significantly gameplay-wise, but you sure get a different talk on your little boat trip. Then, instead of Mia shoving you out with the blood sample after she freed you, she will be overcome by Eveline and fight you. That also means she won't be saved alongside you in the helicopter, because you killed her.

Vindicator

Killed
Marguerite
one week ago, haven't played since then, thanks to Borderlands 2 co-op. VR is the way to go, totally unsettling.

Daffy Duck

Could be Easy or Normal.

You can do it on easy as well.

Nice, think I'll breeze through it on easy then, then have a bash at madhouse.

After completing the game I think the quality drops off massively in the last third of the game, still some good jump scares at a few points but it goes more towards action than anything else.

Still really enjoyed the game though, and I want to go through and try for the platinum for it. Thought I did well for the coins, but ended up missing a few.

eastx

I recently got to interview the composer of the game's theme song 'Tell Aunt Rhody.' My first time interviewing a composer. Check it out:

Composer Michael A. Levine reveals the secrets of Resident Evil 7's haunting theme song

Good read. Your review actually talked me out of buying the DLC though. The horde mode style scenario sounds okay, but the one with Margie sounds like a pain in the ass, and the third not being VR-compatible seals the deal for me.

I'll probably hang tight and just buy the story chapter DLC alone when that drops.

Thanks for checking it out! I like the DLC, but I can see why you'd want to wait for a sale.

Nice, think I'll breeze through it on easy then, then have a bash at madhouse.

Be sure to use my Speedrun Guide for minimal frustration. :D

Top Bottom