• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 7 free dlc delayed

img_1986ayurt.jpg

Well if it isn't the damn door I tried to go through in the original story, I guess that leads to a brand new area.

Kinyou

Looks like Chris has an actual videogame hud.
I imagine they'll explain it with some AR glasses or something.

"Air Clear" sounds interesting, maybe you'll have to wear a gasmask at times
Edit:just realised that the guy in gasmask seems to be Chris judging by the gear he's wearing

myco666

Croash

I loved RE VII so much that I'm glad to know they're taking their time to not mess things up for this DLC. More PSVR awesomeness on its way!

psychotron

I will always be okay with a delay for quality reasons. Too many games are released with huge issues and patched after everyone has played through it anyway.

If they're delaying it already they might as well....

Honestly, I'm not even sure I want them to fix his face. I don't want this character to be Chris Redfield. I'll pray for that until the DLC gets released. I'm not a huge fan of that outfit he's wearing. I like the BSAA outfits designs more.

Jawmuncher

People upset over the look of a character in a first person game where you will be we see the character...

The series has a legacy. People really like the characters and even if they're in first person they can comment on what they don't like. Plenty of first person games still have very good designs, even when you aren't seeing them often. Since you still have cutscenes, mirrors, reflections, and the like.

Sesha

People upset over the look of a character in a first person game where you will be we see the character...

That's not really the point. People aren't upset because they simply don't like how he looks. People are upset because they like Chris and to them this does not look like him. He's has an established look since 2009 with RE5 which this new design is not consistent with. Personally I'm not a Chris fan so I'm not really bothered by it, but I understand the complaints.

img_1986ayurt.jpg

Well if it isn't the damn door I tried to go through in the original story, I guess that leads to a brand new area.

Nice confirmation that they had it planned all along. Also meaning it won't feel entirely removed from the main game. Good job, Capcom.

kc44135

It's a shame Not a Hero was delayed, as I'm really looking forward to it. Still, if this delay results in a better piece of content, then I'm all for it.

They delayed it because they want to play Outlast 2 first, then copy shit from that awful game, just like how they did with Amnesia and the original Outlast.

Well, actually, since we already saw him once I don't see why they wouldn't show his face again in the DLC. I think Ethan was a special case. I loved RE7 but I the first person view did bother me a lot during the entire game. I love video game cutscenes, I wasn't a fan of RE7's first person "cutscenes".

myco666

They delayed it because they want to play Outlast 2 first, then copy shit from that awful game, just like how they did with Amnesia and the original Outlast.

We are still with this "outlast/amnesia clone" thing? This DLC is supposed to be more action focused not to mention that the main game is barely similar to those games.

ActWan

Oh and I actually don't think it's really Chris,
why would he work for Umbrella? All that stuff was really weird...the whole ending sequence was like a promotional recruitment vid for Umbrella too.
I hope the DLC will answer that stuff.

noomi

Hmm, that's fine. I have plenty to play through at the moment anyway.

Is there any paid DLC still scheduled to come out, or was it just the volume 1 & 2 tapes?

I'm fine with the delay. CAPCOM needed time to knock up a quick teaser for REmake 2 to throw in at the end of the DLC. ;)

Just imagine...

Jawmuncher

Honestly, I'm not even sure I want them to fix his face. I don't want this character to be Chris Redfield. I'll pray for that until the DLC gets released. I'm not a huge fan of that outfit he's wearing. I like the BSAA outfits designs more.

If they actually do go for that as a twist. It'd be interesting considering they've said it's chris already. But even something like that could be glanced over.

I've played through this game a lot, and yet I'm drawing a blank on where this is. Anybody mind Spoiler tagging the answer? It's gonna drive me mad.
It's in the last area, you go up some stairs to a little walkway and it's just a random door on the left that leads to nothing. Pretty sure it's right before
the room where you find grandma for the last time.
I could be wrong slightly since i haven't played it since launch.

I don't think a muscled Chris Redfield with a similar face to his RE6's model would look odd in Resident Evil 7's engine. I mean, I'm one of those people who thinks RE5-6 Chris was a bit too huge but I still think there's a way to make him look more realistic, keeping the muscles and the face.

170425102259250611.png
Gurl, this just looks weird.

Nice arms, though.

It's funny how this Chris looks best when you can't see his face, haha.

:(

Also, blue herbs will be coming back? He has three types on him, but I can't remember if blue were in the main game. I wanna say yes because I think I remember blue blags... it's been a while.

KDC720

I'd prefer Capcom take their time with it. I also think I'm gonna wait for Scorpio before diving back in, gives me an extra reason to wait a bit longer.

Top Bottom