• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Archives (Wii) - U.S. date and price

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
billy.sea said:
But seeing Nintendo is doing the exact same thing with the same price with Pikmin, Metroid Prime and Mario Tennis, I'll say this isn't so bad.

While I'd agree that $30 dollars is a little too much for Nintendo's ports, they at least added better controls (for Pikmin and Metroid Prime), progressive scan, and widescreen support. Their next Gamecube port, Jungle Beat, even has new levels.

So it isn't exactly the same.

Kumiko Nikaido

Vindication...sweet.
Prelimenary date for Resident Evil Archives: Resident Evil Zero has been pegged for Jan. 26, 2010. Pricing is also at $29.99.

Don't know why it's way out ahead till next year, so hopefully it'll be moved to sometime before this Christmas.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Kumiko Nikaido said:
Prelimenary date for Resident Evil Archives: Resident Evil Zero has been pegged for Jan. 26, 2010. Pricing is also at $29.99.

Don't know why it's way out ahead till next year, so hopefully it'll be moved to sometime before this Christmas.

wow that's ridiculously late, the two should be released side by side.

chandoog said:
wow that's ridiculously late, the two should be released side by side.

You have much to learn about milking a franchise. Although I agree with spreading out the titles from a marketing perspective(playing devil's advocate), 2010 seems a little extreme. Maybe 2 months apart.

Of course, they should be released together in one box for $30. Seriously Capcom, I would buy that, I will not buy the two games seperately again. Well, I might buy RE1 if I see it for cheap a couple of months down the line, but I'll never pay money just to play RE0 again.

m3k

like i want to buy these ports as i only own REmake for the cube now, but my disgust will grow if the just straight port 3 to the wii with no improvements

capcom is possibly my favourite developer but wtf

please remake 2 or 3 capcom

m3k said:
like i want to buy these ports as i only own REmake for the cube now, but my disgust will grow if the just straight port 3 to the wii with no improvements

capcom is possibly my favourite developer but wtf

please remake 2 or 3 capcom

Capcom turned into an evil company since they have smelt the way of making money with no effort!

m3k

Frencherman said:
Capcom turned into an evil company since they have smelt the way of making money with no effort!

they traded notes with nintendo :lol

don't shoot! i kid

bumpkin

m3k said:
they traded notes with nintendo :lol

don't shoot! i kid
Not true. At least Capcom is still putting out games for hardcore gamers. They didn't thumb their nose at the people whose dedication made them a household name to begin with.

</bitter rant about Nintendo being all about casuals>

adamsapple

EU version boxart

Resident_Evil_Archives_box_art_.jpg

Bizzyb

Banned
cvxfreak said:
Resident Evil 3 = REmake for Wii

It's a typo.

And an accidental look into the future.

How do you accidentally typo Resident Evil 3 instead of Remake?
I highly doubt this would be a PS1 port. I mean there's no way in hell Capcom would actually try to sell a direct port of a 10+ year old game on Wii....

adamsapple

Bizzyb said:
How do you accidentally typo Resident Evil 3 instead of Remake?
I highly doubt this would be a PS1 port. I mean there's no way in hell Capcom would actually try to sell a direct port of a 10+ year old game on Wii....

it's most likely a mistake. The page only has an image of Chris and Jill from the REmake promotional material, and besides they still have yet to add the Archives versions pages as well.

Top Bottom