• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Code Veronica rated for PS4 by German USK

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
My appreciation for CV has grown recently. I like that its a harder entry then most of them, and that ammo is scarce in the beginning and it has a nice big map and some RE1 style puzzles. Its probably the closest in feel to RE1 in general actually.

Also contrary to popular opinion the Tyrant plane boss is one of my favourite bosses of all time. The true worst part of CV is the moth corridor before the save room.
This guy gets it. As much as I dislike the Tyrant boss fight, it wasn't nearly as annoying as those fucking moths.

mike6467

I remember playing this on the Dreamcast and loving it. I'm thinking I almost gave up on the plane boss (I was beyond under prepared). I think the Dreamcast had some ways to download saves from the internet via the web browser? I can't remember exactly, I just remember using a save I'd gotten elsewhere that started at the plane with a ton of ammo and healing items and just nuking that thing.

Glad to hear this though. I'd definitely play it again, I thought the story was great in a B movie kind of way.

killatopak

Fuck yes. The only RE game I haven't finished except 7.

I always get stuck to the part where you meet wesker in the garden. For some reason I get sidetracked.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Fuck yes. The only RE game I haven't finished except 7.

I always get stuck to the part where you meet wesker in the garden. For some reason I get sidetracked.

That's just where it starts to get good, it gets really creepy after that.

sw26

Cool. Hope the the love of GOD they revert the run button back to square rather than x on PS4 (iirc that's how it was on PS3).

My muscle memory really, really struggled with that on the PS3 version having played RE1-3 shortly beforehand. So much so that I didn't finish it.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Cool. Hope the the love of GOD they revert the run button back to square rather than x on PS4 (iirc that's how it was on PS3).

My muscle memory really, really struggled with that on the PS3 version having played RE1-3 shortly beforehand. So much so that I didn't finish it.

Worse case scenario you could just remap it in the PS4's OS.

Neff

"Worst classic resident evil" etc etc

Which I think is blatanly wrong having played it at the time of release on DC

I think it loses some of its magic when viewed outside of its Dreamcast debut sex appeal, as I remember it looking very dated very quickly when compared to Devil May Cry only 18 months later.

But at the time... holy shit it was mindblowing.

I would like it just so a few of us (including neff) can have another thread arguing about whether or not it sucks.

I'm game.

addik

I've only played this once and remembered how hard this game was. But, I liked how creepy the settings were and generally enjoyed the WTFness of the villain. Definitey will be getting this!

GrayFoxPL

Awesome classic RE. Loved the story, locations and how Chris and Clarie and Wesker were presented. Very solid title.

Markitron

I hope we will have remastered editons for RE2 and RE3s too.

On every platform, if possible.

I have good news for you.............

Seriously though, RE2 and RE3 are fucking awesome on the Vita if you have one.

I strongly disliked CV back in the day, never even made it past the halfway mark. I'm willing to give it another shot though if the price is right.

Curious to see if there will be any particular graphical improvements outside of high resolution possibly, doubtful, no?

It has a new lighting engine (assuming you didn't play the PS3 version)

KainXVIII

I strongly disliked CV back in the day, never even made it past the halfway mark. I'm willing to give it another shot though if the price is right.

Curious to see if there will be any particular graphical improvements outside of high resolution possibly, doubtful, no?
Yep, it one the worst RE games..but still a better than RE Zero, so it worth waiting =)

Bl@de

You know what I really want? Proper digital versions of RE 1-3 on Steam and GOG. The games have no problem with Windows 7 (don't know about 10) and are fine as they are. The games are available von PS3 and having them on PC would be great.

gelf

You know what I really want? Proper digital versions of RE 1-3 on Steam and GOG. The games have no problem with Windows 7 (don't know about 10) and are fine as they are. The games are available von PS3 and having them on PC would be great.
Agreed. REmake doesn't entirely replace RE1 and I'd say it's very likely that RE2make won't provide the same experience as 2 so it would be good to have the classics available on PC again.

Markitron

Agreed. REmake doesn't entirely replace RE1 and I'd say it's very likely that RE2make won't provide the same experience as 2 so it would be good to have the classics available on PC again.

Aside from Deadly Silence, I haven't touched the original since REmake released. I have considered it but I can find no reason to play it over REmake personally.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
The only way I see myself playing Code: Veronica now is the GC version via Dolphin.

Emulates really well, can be modded to do actual wide screen and you can set it up so you can hold a button to fast forward through door animations. ESPECIALLY those slow 'tension building' door or stair animations which take 30 seconds. Who thought that was a good idea.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
Yeah I feel like xb1/PS4/switch could use a re 1-3 mega man legacy style collection.

I think the pc versions are 480p. Does anybody know? I know they re-ported RE2 to the pc in a single dvd.

finley83

Banned
Yeah I feel like xb1/PS4/switch could use a re 1-3 mega man legacy style collection.

I think the pc versions are 480p. Does anybody know? I know they re-ported RE2 to the pc in a single dvd.

RE3 is 640x480 and is a decent port, although it has the wobbly characters issue from the PS1 version. RE2 got a new port (only released in Japanese) that is also 640x480, apparently you can just copy a few files over from the previous PC release to make it use English. However this port has some weird bugs like a typewriter not working at all and some other things.

Really the best way to play on PC is to emulate the GC versions in Dolphin, that way you can skip cutscenes (great for replays) and also have non wobbly character models. Also easy to set up controller support and can use any resolution without weird issues.

Love every classic RE to death and this one is no exception. Hell, having Claire is an automatic win.
Hope it gets an upgrade in the visual department.

Top Bottom