• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Code Veronica X PS4 stealth release after German rating in March

The last great Resident Evil.

I'm in baby.

yes I thought RE4 sucked and was the beginning of the end of the series

Ocaso

I was thinking the port might be a bit more, but it's just a straight port it seems.

I still will hope they bring it to PC at some point if they're not planning to do anything else with it.

In fairness to Capcom, they already implemented widescreen and a new lighting model into the game last generation. I thought it looked wonderful when I replayed it a few years ago. Wonder if it's 4K on PS4 Pro?

kuYuri

It makes no sense for this to be PS2 to PS4 version.

RE4HD exists along with RE:CVXHD, so to think they would port RE4HD and not CVXHD is illogical. Plus it was also rated by the Korean board for XB1, it would be much easier to port the HD version than to do the PS2 to PS4 treatment.

Jawmuncher

RE4HD exists along with RE:CVXHD, so to think they would port RE4HD and not CVXHD is illogical. Plus it was also rated by the Korean board for XB1, it would be much easier to port the HD version than to do the PS2 to PS4 treatment.

A korean rating is news to me. Do you have a link?
We're all assuming PS2 to PS4 classic since they're stealth releasing it. Yet they announced Revealtions for X1 and PS4 last month and that doesn't come out until September.

In fairness to Capcom, they already implemented widescreen and a new lighting model into the game last generation. I thought it looked wonderful when I replayed it a few years ago. Wonder if it's 4K on PS4 Pro?

Let's not jump to conclusions here. No confirmation on whether this is the PS360 port or direct PS2 classics with trophy support, as of now.

Hellshy.

How would it be easier to port the game than to use emulation? Sony has an internal team that handles PS2 to PS4 .

Jawmuncher

Last good mainline RE game until re 7 imo.

Ya'll forgetting REmake came out after CVX lol

How would it be easier to port the game than to use emulation? Sony has an internal team that handles PS2 to PS4 .

So sony handles the PS2 to PS4? Yeah that's even more evidence that this might end up being the case. Since Xbox handles the Backwards Compatibility as well.
So for whatever reason, they felt porting CVX again wasn't worth it, but re-releasing in some form is fine. Really odd. I'd love to be wrong.

demigod

Bought this on ps3 but never played it so ill be getting this. Really wish psn was unified or crossbuy instead of having to dip everytime a new system comes out. Maybe i should stick with steam for these.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I could not make it past an hour of this game. And I played and enjoyed PS1 RE1 just fine.

Jawmuncher

Nah because Zero doesn't have a point of no return that breaks the game.

While Zero might not be the best RE game. I do agree it's better than CVX. Mainly for these reasons.

Zero only has one cheap enemy (The monkeys), while CVX has the bandersnatches and stun lock Hunters.

The difficulty balance of Zero is a bit better. Definitely less chances of a point of no return compared to CVX (Especially when your equipment gets cut in half due to multiple characters)

The only real flaw to Zero that CVX doesn't have is a long backtrack. If you forget that grapple hook it's a bit annoying. but it's not a big deal.

Ganado

Well, not easier/cheaper, but since they used MT Framework for the HD remaster, it shouldn't be that hard to port it and get it on PS4/XO/PC, with achievements already made etc.
Bought this on ps3 but never played it so ill be getting this. Really wish psn was unified or crossbuy instead of having to dip everytime a new system comes out. Maybe i should stick with steam for these.
This is unfortunately the reason why I almost never buy games on my consoles, if I dont play them right away, I need to rebuy them on the newest platform.

kuYuri

A korean rating is news to me. Do you have a link?
We're all assuming PS2 to PS4 classic since they're stealth releasing it. Yet they announced Revealtions for X1 and PS4 last month and that doesn't come out until September.

I may be mistaken and thought it was CVX HD that was rated, but it might actually be Revelations 1. Double checking now.

EDIT: Never mind, it wasn't a Korean rating board, but rather the same USK rating thread. We all saw that rating for PS4 and assumed it would be multiplatform considering it's Capcom. I'm still holding out hope that they port CVX HD to PS4/XB1/PC since they also did RE4 HD.

Zee-Row

Banned
While Zero might not be the best RE game. I do agree it's better than CVX. Mainly for these reasons.

Zero only has one cheap enemy (The monkeys), while CVX has the bandersnatches and stun lock Hunters.

The difficulty balance of Zero is a bit better. Definitely less chances of a point of no return compared to CVX (Especially when your equipment gets cut in half due to multiple characters)

The only real flaw to Zero that CVX doesn't have is a long backtrack. If you forget that grapple hook it's a bit annoying. but it's not a big deal.

I remember playing the Dreamcast version and getting stuck on the mutant chick that could summon fire with Claire and not being able to get my powerful weapons because Chris had them. Game didn't let me backtrack and I only had one save because all my other save slots were taken by other Dreamcast games.

I was under the impression that the modern ports of CVX ran in MT Framework.

The only difference I remember was the widescreen and some changes to the lighting system, particularly on the island where in dark areas it was vibrant and not so much in antartica. But it does make sense for them to use their (then) proprietary engine for all of their games from DMC4 onwards.

Daingurse

I remember playing the Dreamcast version and getting stuck on the mutant chick that could summon fire with Claire and not being able to get my powerful weapons because Chris had them. Game didn't let me backtrack and I only had one save because all my other save slots were taken by other Dreamcast games.

While I like Code Veronica, I would agree wholeheartedly that it's far too easy to fuck yourself over. I could never beat it as a kid, and had quite a bit of difficulty getting through it as an adult!

Still, my memories of Code Veronica are so vibrant. It was such a stunning looking game back in 2000, and it scared the shit outta me.

dracula_x

btw, we'll see more ports from Capcom soon:

wbaIkYc.png

→ http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/data/pdf/explanation/2016/full/explanation_2016_full_01.pdf

Top Bottom