• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City |OT| A New Chanllenge by CAPCPOM & SLANT SIX

cvxfreak

AxnfD.png

ikLll.png

2P9DZ.png

5984O.png

N4zgV.png

rFBdt.png

3Vnba.png

CWpIS.png

kzIEw.png

IEYif.png

GQman2121

Banned
Why didn't they do - at the very least - a private beta?

Anyway, peace be with all of you poor, poor souls who pay good money to support this guaranteed disaster.

rCIZZLE

All this Diablo 3 hype made me temporarily forget about this game. Ever since I got to see it at NYCC last fall I've been pretty hyped for this. Def going to whatever retailer is the closest + has it at midnight.

Yuripaw

Banned
I don't have high hopes for this, but I still want to get it for some reason. :(

yeah...same here. I just wanna play it. I like the RE series a lot, and a third person shooter action game, set in the RE2/RE3 time period sounds like some fun to me.

Seik

Banned
I honestly don't know what to think about this one.

At first I was like ''May this game burn in hell for being non-canon and another shitty generic 3rd person shooter...bla bla bla *insert hate*''

Then I saw more gameplay, Things like Nemesis and Birkin. It doesn't seem that bad at all. I guess its one of those rare game with which I will wait for reviews/impressions before buying. I hope it'll have a descent single player campaign.

Yuripaw

Banned
Don't expect much. Im expecting very similar scores to Slant Six's Socom Confrontation.
Im happy if its just Socom with a Resident Evil skin. CAPCOM probably cared more about this then Sony did with Confrontation so it could be better.

Well at the very least, it's a game with a much richer lore and setting to it than anything Socom could offer. The Socom games always just seemed such bland generic military setting. No appeal to a person like me at all, but at least we got the a great setting for this game, plus some familiar characters.

Well at the very least, it's a game with a much richer lore and setting to it than anything Socom could offer. The Socom games always just seemed such bland generic military setting. No appeal to a person like me at all, but at least we got the a great setting for this game, plus some familiar characters.

Yeah.

I still have my fingers crossed for a Nemesis vs S.T.A.R.S. mode DLC.

Didn't like the new look for Jill at first but it grew on me. She does look younger than Claire though
jill_valentine_bg_by_adaalberto-d4j7nh2.jpg

Vol5

Don't expect much. Im expecting very similar scores to Slant Six's Socom Confrontation.
Im happy if its just Socom with a Resident Evil skin. CAPCOM probably cared more about this then Sony did with Confrontation so it could be better.

You know, I don't think Slant Six are wholly to blame for the shit fest that was Confrontation. I think maybe Sony were desperate for a release and deadlines that were unfeasible had to be reached, leading to a totally broken game (at least on release).

At some point Capcom made the decision to go with Slant Six. You don't give one, if the THE biggest franchise in your arsenal to any developer. I'm holding out for this and I think Slant Six can deliver a solid shooter, nothing mind-blowing, just solid and fun.

I want to like it and I hope the reviews are favorable.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I can't wait for this game to come out just for the GAF rage. This will go straight into the franchise dustbin along with Dead Aim and Gaiden.

If you buy this at launch you are insane, at least wait 3 weeks until it's at bomba price levels.

YvvxA.png

Is that supposed to be Leon? Awful.

Yuripaw

Banned
http://www.gamespot.com/resident-ev...dent-evil-orc-multiplayer-tournament-6350437/

As much as I dislike gamespot, I was starving for some RE: ORC footage, and I watched a fair amount of this tournament that they had. It's hard to get an accurate impression of the game because of all the people yelling and talking over the gameplay, but it doesn't look broken by any means. It doesn't look like anything new or mindblowing as far as third person shooters go, but it still looks like a solid game. Has familiar RE elements, but some of the standard stuff you'd want to see in a TPS. Hopefully it'll be fun to play.

Ken

cant wait to see all the spelling errors!
I pointed out one in one of the trailers; it was the one showing off the heroes mode I believe.

3/10? I was hoping for at least 6 or something for "an average but competent shooter that both shooter and Resident Evil fans can enjoy."

Senoculum

Being an RE nut, I'm going to get it.

I think it looks fun actually, and I usually enjoy the Resident Evil spin offs. I just love the universe.

I hope the trophies/achievements aren't too hard though (SOCOM Confrontation comes to mind being absolutely ludicrous). I want to enjoy the game, put in my time, and get that platinum. No chores, please.

I think im so hyped for this game because its back in good old raccoon city, I hope the game is decent at least, oh and now you can strafe and shoot?

Being an RE nut, I'm going to get it.

I think it looks fun actually, and I usually enjoy the Resident Evil spin offs. I just love the universe.

I hope the trophies/achievements aren't too hard though (SOCOM Confrontation comes to mind being absolutely ludicrous). I want to enjoy the game, put in my time, and get that platinum. No chores, please.

I don't think I will get Platinum from this game

Carbonox

I pointed out one in one of the trailers; it was the one showing off the heroes mode I believe.

3/10? I was hoping for at least 6 or something for "an average but competent shooter that both shooter and Resident Evil fans can enjoy."

Do note that they 3/10 is for the single player. Seems they didn't review the game as a whole as multiplayer's qualities/lack of qualities weren't applied.

Ken

Do note that they 3/10 is for the single player. Seems they didn't review the game as a whole as multiplayer's qualities/lack of qualities weren't applied.
Ah, okay. Still a bit telling though; if the gameplay was fun I would have hoped single player would get a higher score, unless it's the gameplay alone that's giving it those 3 points.

You know, I don't think Slant Six are wholly to blame for the shit fest that was Confrontation. I think maybe Sony were desperate for a release and deadlines that were unfeasible had to be reached, leading to a totally broken game (at least on release).

At some point Capcom made the decision to go with Slant Six. You don't give one, if the THE biggest franchise in your arsenal to any developer. I'm holding out for this and I think Slant Six can deliver a solid shooter, nothing mind-blowing, just solid and fun.

I want to like it and I hope the reviews are favorable.

Yeah, prior to 4 I would have put the blame 75% Slant Six/ 25% Sony.
after the 4 fiasco its the reverse.

Is that supposed to be Leon? Awful.
625676_20110607_640screen026.jpg

Leon_RE2_Model.jpg

Looks more like RE2 leon than Darkside Chronicles Leon.

Edit:Just noticed the writing on the patch is backwards lol

Ushojax

Reading the review in GamesTM, it's pretty damning of the game as an RE title. They do little FAQs to go with the main text and in response to 'Is it Survival Horror?' they respond:

"Absolutely not - there is nothing at all scary about this game, Well, apart from how bad it is, naturally."

Another choice quote:

"ORC is a failed and utterly pointless experiment"

They end the review by questioning why Slant Six was chosen to make the game in the first place. Sounds like the SP portion is atrocious, although they are cautiously optimistic about the MP.

Moofers

Does anyone know if there is LAN support for this? I'm wondering if some friends and I can link up some PS3's at Midwest Gaming Classic next week. That'd be rad.

Also, is this the game where they kill Leon in the opening cutscene or something? Did that get retconned?

Beepos

Is it bad that I feel I want to be there day one just because of the RE name with multiplayer.

I never got to experience outbreak(s) is this the closest I'll get?!..

Ushojax

Is it bad that I feel I want to be there day one just because of the RE name with multiplayer.

I never got to experience outbreak(s) is this the closest I'll get?!..

This is nothing like Outbreak, that was a multiplayer Resident Evil game. This is SOCOM with a lick of RE paint applied.

GQman2121

Banned
I fully expect there to be a sprint button for the online mode. You know, because analog controls are so 2001. Ugh.

The fact that there was no online beta speaks volumes to me about the confidence they have in this game.

Top Bottom