• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City (PC, X360, PS3) [Update 2: Lots Of New Details]

todahawk

Mesijs said:
1252796864582og4r.gif

Yeah, I know /6 doesn't have the best track record but you'd think they'd killed ViralMarketingDrone's puppy or something...

I have more hope for this than a Resident Evil 6. Slant Six to me got shafted by being forced to do an obviously VERY rushed low budget SOCOM title. For a MP focused title also I have more faith in a western dev.

I'll stay positive for now.

sublimit

Banned
Capcom says it's co-developed but something tells me this is 90% developed by Slant 6.

I'll be keeping an eye out for this but i'm not very optimistic.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
If no one has claimed or volunteered yet, and hopefully if everything goes smoothly and I become a full member from junior status, can I do the official thread on this game? CVX can vouch for me from the community (the horror) that I’m genuine.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Korigama said:
Meh, will likely skip it just like I did the Outbreak and Gun Survivor games.

Considering Outbreak is the best multiplayer in the series (screw your neighbor), shame on you.

Also:

Slant Six is developing it. Slant Six is developing it. Slant Six is developing it.

WHY.jpg

I'll get it when it's $30 and has half it's promised features in in a year, then.

instead of including a playable demo of RE:R with Mercenaries 3D, stop cynically exploiting fans and put the playable demo online for free!

It's a 3DS game being demo bundled with a... 3DS game. What is the problem? Nintendo doesn't have an online demo service.

sublimit said:
Capcom says it's co-developed but something tells me this is 90% developed by Slant 6.

I'll be keeping an eye out for this but i'm not very optimistic.
It's not like Slant 6 can't make a good game. No need to hate.

Lesiroth

TheSeks said:
Considering Outbreak is the best multiplayer in the series (screw your neighbor), shame on you.

Also:

WHY.jpg

I'll get it when it's $30 and has half it's promised features in in a year, then.

It's a 3DS game being demo bundled with a... 3DS game. What is the problem? Nintendo doesn't have an online demo service.

Wait, what?

Furret

Banned
_dementia said:
It's not like Slant 6 can't make a good game. No need to hate.

Err... surely the problem is precisely that Slant 6 can't make a good game. Why do you think everyone's so upset?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Lesiroth said:
Wait, what?

DS doesn't have a demo service (but that's okay as it wasn't built for online)

Wii doesn't have a demo service unless you count the Nintendo channel, and the last time I used my Wii (~6 months ago?) the demo service was stopped/deserted.

3DS is going to be more of the same, I'm calling it. I have no faith in Nintendo learning to improve their online service. So, once again, it's a 3DS game demo being bundled with a 3DS game. What is the problem when Nintendo has no demo service?

Lesiroth

TheSeks said:

Wii doesn't have a demo service unless you count the Nintendo channel, and the last time I used my Wii (~6 months ago?) the demo service was stopped/deserted.

3DS is going to be more of the same, I'm calling it. I have no faith in Nintendo learning to improve their online service. So, once again, it's a 3DS game demo being bundled with a 3DS game. What is the problem when Nintendo has no demo service?
That is fucking pathetic. The Wii, I can understand, being their first console with online and all, but you'd think they've learned.

ezekial45

Banned
Sn4ke_911 said:
http://i.imgur.com/FkqgH.jpg

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/qblHR.jpg

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/9wY71.jpg

[url]http://i.imgur.com/nYVGd.jpg[/url][/QUOTE]

Dead Leon
Dead Leon
Dead Leon
Dead Leon

I'm definitely intrigued by this game. We'll all see how it looks in about a week.

:)

Xater

BIONIC-ARRRMMM!! said:
Most generic sounding name ever, I'm glad they went for Resident Evil in the west, sounds super sinister :D
Except that the name only really made sense for RE1.

beje

Banned
RPGCrazied said:
so its a multiplayer shooter? meh, needs more games like 4 & 5.

Hahahahaha no. The saga needs more games like Code Veronica instead of getting the "Dudebro" treatment that turns it into another generic shooter like a hundred more already in the market.

TheSeks said:

The DS has a demo service. On the Wii Nintendo Channel.

The Wii has a demo service.......for WiiWare games. Sometimes.

I could be wrong, but I think there will be demos for 3DS games. Maybe.

Raide

As long as they keep the pace a little slower and more tactical, it should be ok. I also wonder if they are going Thirdperson aka Socom, or the more traditional Resi viewpoint?

Please, Please, Please, Please, have limited ammo/weaponry. Needs more survival and horror, less Resi 4 & 5.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Kagari said:
Interesting that GameInformer didn't get this one.
Gravijah said:
What is their cover for this month? Maybe they have something bigger, since everyone seems to have this scoop.
Yeah, Game Informer usually goes for what they think are the absolute biggest games.

Had this been Resident Evil 6, we probably would have seen it there.

Erebus

beje said:
Hahahahaha no. The saga needs more games like Code Veronica instead of getting the "Dudebro" treatment that turns it into another generic shooter like a hundred more already in the market.
Since when is RE4 a generic shooter? I wouldn't even call RE5 generic due to the unique
tank
controls.

Murrah

Banned
Raide said:
Please, Please, Please, Please, have limited ammo/weaponry. Needs more survival and horror, less Resi 4 & 5.

I believe they've already confirmed that this is going to be exactly what you're hoping it won't be

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Sho_Nuff82 said:
"Extreme" hoody perhaps? You guys need a new bogeyman. They are, aside from the butcher, wearing normal RE-military fatigues. The OXM cover guy is even posing like an RE character.
The hoodie guy is the most "normal" design, so using him as example of them all looking exactly like Hunks team is a bit of a strawman argument, when the other two designs differ much more.
Anyway, why so defensive? It's not like I'm criticizing them.

I love the Raccoon City setting dearly, and yet this still sounds awful. Capcom doesn't have a clue what they want Biohazard to be.

Sectus

beje said:
RE4 and RE5 has plenty of mechanics which sets it apart from other shooters.

What is literally sounding like a generic shooter is this project.

sleepykyo

It should be possible to kick someone into a pack of zombies. Or leave someone strung up as bait or mark them, like the L4D boomer does.

Also somewhat concerned about melee attacks. For the most Confrontation eventually turned into a solid if unremarkable game, but trying to knife someone in that game was always an exercise in frustration.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Dabanton said:
Can we walk and shoot?
What do you want the answer to be, because I am hoping the answer is 'no', but have a bad feeling that it will be 'yes'.

Top Bottom