• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 REVEALED! 60man MP, 8p Co-op, 2 campaigns, etc HOLY $#!t

Alias03

I like the idea of a novel but when checking Barnes & Noble it turned up a date of January 2009. I was hoping for something a bit closer to R2's release.

Well ... I got in. Checked my mail last night and it was there. Unfortunatley, I have to go out of town for the weekend. Teusday ... here I come baby.

Alias03

Wollan said:
Surprise surprise at Resistance novel.

51WEkHqcZoL._SS500_.jpg

I just noticed something at the bottom of the novel it says the authors name then best selling author of Halo: The Flood :lol Having Halo on a PS3 only FPS might start something with the fanboys on each side. Marketing must not know how rabid fanboys really are.

Awntawn

Alias03 said:
I just noticed something at the bottom of the novel it says the authors name then best selling author of Halo: The Flood :lol Having Halo on a PS3 only FPS might start something with the fanboys on each side. Marketing must not know how rabid fanboys really are.
More like they know exactly how rabid they really are and they know precisely that this will bring shitloads of attention to this book.

Alias03

Awntawn said:
More like they know exactly how rabid they really are and they know precisely that this will bring shitloads of attention to this book.

You've got a good point. Never really looked at it like that. I guess my first thought was this is probably gonna piss off a lot of people. :lol

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Snipes424 said:
Well... I guess keeping that information secret didn't last until Tuesday lol, The in-game HVAP wraith MP skin sounds really cool though.

Bah. Fine, but you'll have to wait till Tuesday for pictures!!!

Valkyr Junkie said:
That "Bonus DVD" talk better be wrong.

Given the time constraints, afraid it has to be a bonus DVD. :-/

konrad77 said:
JStevenson I dont know if it had been said (Full moon show, or here) But can you play the game from the start to the end now?

oh yeah, mos definitely

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Alias03 said:
Well I'm not sure it's a great selling point in the first place since Halo: The Flood was by far the worst of the Halo novels.

Wollan

Was thinking about dumping this thread and creating a new one (with just the latest info), or do people still want to stay?
Nothing super impressive or anything, just a thread for the last two months until launch.

Edit: I'll wait some.

Wollan said:
Was thinking about dumping this thread and creating a new one (with just the latest info), or do people still want to stay?
Nothing super impressive or anything, just a thread for the last two months until launch.

wait for the new PS Blog post.

Apparently jstevenson submitted it, but it hasn't been posted yet (it contains info about pre-order/beta details).

Firewire

Banned
JS:

Just wondering when the private beta ends?

I'm going away on vacation till the 10th of September and I'm hoping I'll still be able to play when I get back! :D

FightyF

Banned
Alias03 said:

First online setup, then cover art, and now novels, c'mon Insomniac! ;)

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
there is a mp skin for people wich buy the special edition game?
am i the only one who thinks this is lame? this content clusterfuck should stop

from day 1 i shall kill thouse with this new skin!!! ;)

Snipes424

-ARNiE- said:
Yes i still havn't got in. Are the only requirements for you to have signed up for myres.net?

Yeah, but I think the more active you are over there, the more of a chance you have to get in, at least that was what the plan was. But I have heard of people getting in with like 15 post and no crawlers, so anything is possible I guess.

Somnia

From Thuway in his PAX thread...thought I'd post in here for those who didn't look in his thread.

"David Ellis is an extremely charismatic guy in real life. He mentioned that the season premiere of the next 1up Show will have a huge focus on R2. You'll see an updated look at the Resistance 2 public beta. He teased about it for a few minutes, and everyone who got to listen was hyped X 5. I'm going to refrain from specifics so shock factor will be there, but everyone will be really happy. Make sure to download."

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Damn, still haven't gotten in, it should say at the beta.myresitance.net under beta info right? I signed up a really long time ago, still have my join the warfight email too.

roMonster

Somnia said:
From Thuway in his PAX thread...thought I'd post in here for those who didn't look in his thread.

"David Ellis is an extremely charismatic guy in real life. He mentioned that the season premiere of the next 1up Show will have a huge focus on R2. You'll see an updated look at the Resistance 2 public beta. He teased about it for a few minutes, and everyone who got to listen was hyped X 5. I'm going to refrain from specifics so shock factor will be there, but everyone will be really happy. Make sure to download."

I don't watch the 1up show but I'll watch this episode.

When is the season premier?

Somnia

roMonster said:
I don't watch the 1up show but I'll watch this episode.

When is the season premier?

I wish I knew =( I would assume Friday since their Summer season ended..but it might be 2 weeks.

thuway

Rapping Granny said:
Faith in R2 restored.
Need more faith? :D

resistance-2-ss-70.jpg

The game being demoed on the show floor was from an OLD build. The haters who are bemoaning are from people who look at graphics, make a quick judgment, and move on. The gameplay is extremely solid. The game will look beauitful, I wish people would realize what we've been echoing in this thread forever.

The game will take getting use to, since the controls are now different. there is now a run button mapped to L2, pressing R3 uses a melee attack, R2 is secondary fire, L1 zooms / iron sights, R1 shoots.

The game is also slower, but I like the changes alot.

INSOMNIAC put me in the beta :).

womfalcs3

Banned
All these heavy changes to R2 from R1 show how rushed R1 development was. If Insomniac feels as if R1 can be improved this much that is.

I'm still looking forward to the game, but I was hoping the transition would have been smoother for those who were heavily into R1 gaming.

Edit: By the way, and not to detract from topic, but I've moved to Raleigh, and I'm wondering if I can have a tour of the Insomniac Games place that's going to be instated. At least meet some of the developers who would be working there. I'm such a fan.

FightyF

Banned
I'm still not in the beta jstevenson. Check your PM box, I've sent 30 messages. Also check your mailbox, I left a few post-it notes. Don't mind that white van in front of your house, just checking to see when you've added me to the list.

Also do take note that we are hitting a Ramadan (starts tomorrow) discount where I offer my beta testing services for free. For a limited time only!

Kittonwy

Banned
womfalcs3 said:
All these heavy changes to R2 from R1 show how rushed R1 development was. If Insomniac feels as if R1 can be improved this much that is.

I'm still looking forward to the game, but I was hoping the transition would have been smoother for those who were heavily into R1 gaming.

R1 was more modelled after HALO and it benefitted from a much more fast-paced, free-style gameplay instead of being a fuckwad corridor shooter like COD4, I happen to like R1 style gameplay and that's all I'm going to say about that.
Indifferent2.gif

Loudninja

womfalcs3 said:

Edit: By the way, and not to detract from topic, but I've moved to Raleigh, and I'm wondering if I can have a tour of the Insomniac Games place that's going to be instated. At least meet some of the developers who would be working there. I'm such a fan.

Rush?Really?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I might buy a PS3. Will they have one with R2 as a pack-in? I don't want the MGS4 one.

btkadams

Dice said:
I might buy a PS3. Will they have one with R2 as a pack-in? I don't want the MGS4 one.
does not compute

it hasnt been announced that r2 will be a pack-in with the ps3, so not for the moment. but the new 80gb doesnt have mgs4 in it i believe.

Snipes424

Dice said:

Not too sure why you wouldn't want the MGS4 one, it's the best sku out there imo, but regardless, I think the next bundle is the Little big planet bundle, no news as of yet for an R2 bundle.

thuway said:
Need more faith? :D

resistance-2-ss-70.jpg

The game being demoed on the show floor was from an OLD build. The haters who are bemoaning are from people who look at graphics, make a quick judgment, and move on. The gameplay is extremely solid. The game will look beauitful, I wish people would realize what we've been echoing in this thread forever.

The game will take getting use to, since the controls are now different. there is now a run button mapped to L2, pressing R3 uses a melee attack, R2 is secondary fire, L1 zooms / iron sights, R1 shoots.

The game is also slower, but I like the changes alot.

INSOMNIAC put me in the beta :).

Are there anymore pictures where that came from? The lighting looks much improved.

oneHeero

Kittonwy said:
R1 was more modelled after HALO and it benefitted from a much more fast-paced, free-style gameplay instead of being a fuckwad corridor shooter like COD4, I happen to like R1 style gameplay and that's all I'm going to say about that.
Indifferent2.gif
Everyone on my PSN and I couldnt agree more. We havent touched the beta since it came out :\

Boo @ Bonus DVD and not BR :( I want BR!!!!!!!! I was JS in HIGH DEF!!!

oneHeero

Private Hoffman said:
Are there anymore pictures where that came from? The lighting looks much improved.
It looks odd to me, I'm not the type of person who notices these things, but after you mentioned the lighting someone explain to me the following; The rays of light are coming from the left right? Are the shadows coming off the right way? The way the shadows look I would think the sun would be on the right side :\ I'm probably not seeing it right tho!

Top Bottom