• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance Burning Skies |OT| Extinguishing the Flames of Vitality

Well yeah, then you have to close the game and open it back again (which takes 2 minutes now). Not worth the hassle to play this game.
I don't need to do that though. It takes about 25 seconds and then loads a stats screen before returning to the lobby.

AwRy108

Wow so much hote for this game. its really uncalled for.

Have you even looked at the last two pages of this thread? The game is hard-crashing for people ever since the shitheads at Nihilistic patched the game earlier today.

Right now, people paid $40 for a game that only half works; but. ya' know, we live in a world where people try to justify this as being okay. Either stop being one of those people, or go away.

You're crazy for holding out for a patch, man--not returning this buggy piece of shit is just giving ass-bag devs like Nihilistic the "okay" to keep churning this crap out.

Amazon has already issued my refund, so I'm going to finish the campaign this weekend and send the game on it's way.

So you don't think the game is worth paying for but you think it's worth finishing? If you think it's crap, why finish it? Why not just send it back ASAP?

M.W.

Just played 5 straight deathmatches. At the end of every match, it froze, but if you wait, it will thaw.

Cudder

Game isn't freezing for me anymore at the end of matches. Buttery smooth into the score screen and then the lobby. This is honestly the perfect multiplayer for an FPS on Vita. If it was on PS3 I wouldn't give the multi a second look, but the fast pace and fast matches really shine on Vita. The shotgun OWNS online, my god. I can't wait to unlock the other guns and stuff.

The online made me keep this game.

Apath

If somebody wants to play with me, add me -- Kenak. I'm not getting on tonight, but I plan on playing tomorrow.

Hey guys quick question, but after the patch has been downloaded and installed, and after waiting for the skull to finally go away and bring up the main screen, when i click on multiplayer and i go to connect, it says ti can't connect to the PSN/you need a psn id to play. Even though i have a wifi connection, i can access the store, and i am 100% connected to PSN/internet. Is anyone else getting this issue. And yes i have registered my online pass and before the patch it allowed me to get into the multiplayer lobby but say it would time out. Someone please reply as i have no clue if this is the game sissue or if its is my issue?

VanWinkle

Well, multiplayer WAS working for me fine, but for the past couple of hours any time I go into a game it finds people immediately, and then all of them disappear and I can't get into the game. Happens every single time.

AwRy108

So you don't think the game is worth paying for but you think it's worth finishing? If you think it's crap, why finish it? Why not just send it back ASAP?

Hey, I payed full price for the game only to put up with its bullshit for the last few days--I'm going to get something back for the hassle, and that "something" is going a Platinum Trophy.

If MP is 100% working before next week starts, then I may keep it; but only if it's 100%, as anything less is unacceptable at this point.

the3ye

Hey guys quick question, but after the patch has been downloaded and installed, and after waiting for the skull to finally go away and bring up the main screen, when i click on multiplayer and i go to connect, it says ti can't connect to the PSN/you need a psn id to play. Even though i have a wifi connection, i can access the store, and i am 100% connected to PSN/internet. Is anyone else getting this issue. And yes i have registered my online pass and before the patch it allowed me to get into the multiplayer lobby but say it would time out. Someone please reply as i have no clue if this is the game sissue or if its is my issue?

I've got "Connecting to PlayStation Network....Please wait" on the loop
and few mins later:
"Playstation Network Login Failed. Network Connection Failed"

This happens since day 0 (May 28th) and after the patch. Online pass is registered...
I don't even know how the MP menu looks like, lol

I've got "Connecting to PlayStation Network....Please wait" on the loop
and few mins later:
"Playstation Network Login Failed. Network Connection Failed"

This happens since day 0 (May 28th) and after the patch. Online pass is registered...

Yeah this is the error message i get, but i know my online pass is registered as i could get into lobbys but not find anyone before the patch. Seriously this is screwed. I have paid $70 AUS for this game and this is the first resistance game i have decided to play and this is absolute garbage. Even the graphics of this game border on just above a ps2 sometimes, it is really making me mad. When are they going to address all of these issues. They don't even respond proprly to thier community on the forums.

haadim

Bought off psn. Played for 5 hours. At the SRPA lab level now.

Only played SP.

Loving it so far. Gameplay is tight. Movement smooth. Control intuitive.

2/10 game? Yea right.

Jim Sterling, go suck on rotten egg you F*ing Troll.

the3ye

didn't see it posted
To obtain your PS VITA start screen skins please do the following:
Using your PS VITA web browser go to the following url
http://us.playstation.com/BurningSkies
Tap the "Download PS Vita Lock Screen Theme" link
Click the thumbnail image
In the browser window that opens, tab and hold the image
Tap to Save Image and tap save (the image will then be saved in your photos)
Open your photos and select the image
Tap Options and select "use as start screen"
The Selected skin will now be your Start Screen wallpaper
LOL@preoder bonuses
The 3 avatars will be available in late June

Avadon

Neo Member
I have a problem, don't know if it's just me, but yesterday I downloaded the demo, and it looked like the game was native res, and it looked good, not great but good, now I'm playing my physical copy of the game, and it look's bad, low res, I know that the game card it's supposed to be faster than the media card, so I don't know if my copy have problems or if it was just the demo that looked that good, and the psn and physical full game is low res

Cudder

Hey, I payed full price for the game only to put up with its bullshit for the last few days--I'm going to get something back for the hassle, and that "something" is going a Platinum Trophy.

If MP is 100% working before next week starts, then I may keep it; but only if it's 100%, as anything less is unacceptable at this point.

MP is 100% working now.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Just finished the demo, absolutely awful imo, maybe the full game is better, I'm a massive Resistance fan but what the demo showed me was crap, it controls pretty well, that's about the only good thing I can give it credit for though, the gfx are very poor, the frame rate takes a huge during any intense action on screen, enemy encounters felt very formulaic and boring, the audio quality was terrible, this is an insult to the franchise imo, why are Sony handing off some of their decent franchises to sub par development teams? surely you want the best working on a new product that you hope to be successful?

Resistance Retribution on the PSP pisses all over this, granted I need to play the full game but the demo left a very sour taste in my mouth.

M.W.

Seriously, I just played for an hour straight, no issues. Every match loaded fast, and besides the lag here and there, it was pretty awesome. I'd like to get into party chat and play this with some friends.

Cudder

Seriously, I just played for an hour straight, no issues. Every match loaded fast, and besides the lag here and there, it was pretty awesome. I'd like to get into party chat and play this with some friends.

played for the past hour a half with no issues, it was great. At level 18 now. dat shotgun wow!
3AQmK.gif

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Actually really digging the multiplayer as well.

Sure it is not the deepest out there, but it is fun, and I am actually pretty good it, so that helps.

Overall really glad I purchased this game, most play my Vita has recieved since launch day..

Any reviewer who rated this below a 5 should be banned from GAF for blatant trolling for hits.

Seventy5

I just had an awesome hour long mp session. I ranked top 3 just about every match and there was no noticable lag at all. If, by some stroke of luck, there are any add ons or dlc, I would really like an objective mode or two. I think ctf would be amazing.

Just played the demo and I'm actually surprised, I'm not gonna pay fullprice for it but if this game shows one thing it's that FPS games actually can work really well on the Vita. Makes me look forward CoD Vita even more.

spats

Just played the demo and I'm actually surprised, I'm not gonna pay fullprice for it but if this game shows one thing it's that FPS games actually can work really well on the Vita. Makes me look forward CoD Vita even more.

Did the same thing for me. I really want a long, meaty FPS for this thing now. Don't give a flying damn if it's a port. :p

Massa

I'm laughing so hard now, the game somehow found a way to set up a 5x3 TDM match.

Edit: ok, apparently not. Just a bug in the scores screen.

Got into 2 multi matches after some weird glitch kept loading single player instead. First match was great, second match someone was cheating. I'd get insta killed at each spawn. Dude was racking up kills, very annoying, had to quit.

Massa

Got into 2 multi matches after some weird glitch kept loading single player instead. First match was great, second match someone was cheating. I'd get insta killed at each spawn. Dude was racking up kills, very annoying, had to quit.

Are you sure he wasn't just sneaking up behind you with melee? Since audio is borked in this game that is the most effective strategy I found, run behind dudes and stab them in the back.

Are you sure he wasn't just sneaking up behind you with melee? Since audio is borked in this game that is the most effective strategy I found, run behind dudes and stab them in the back.

Yeah Id be against a wall sometimes, no one in sight. It'd also literally be the second I spawned, over and over again.

Massa

Wearing some ear buds helps quite a bit in multi.

I think it hurts more than it helps. When you hear gun sounds no matter how close or far they are to you it's just distracting.

I think this is going to be my "catch up on podcasts" game.

Yeah Id be against a wall sometimes, no one in sight. It'd also literally be the second I spawned, over and over again.

That's a shame. Hopefully they'll ban or suspend cheaters from PSN, if not fixing the game.

mr_toa

Demo convinced me. I'm picking it up tomorrow.

Likewise - pretty good first effort in my book. Kind of reminded me how I felt when I played the first Resistance on PS3; not that good .... but an acceptable initial proposition.

Likewise - pretty good first effort in my book. Kind of reminded me how I felt when I played the first Resistance on PS3; not that good .... but an acceptable initial proposition.

Fuck that.

This game doesn't get a pass as "a pretty good first effort." This is an established IP that's been around for years now. Sony SHOULD NOT have given this to a D-tier developer with presumably a meager budget.
Ready at Dawn, Sony Bend, or so many other fully capable/established studios should have been able to launch the first legit FPS on a handheld in a big way. Instead, Sony shat this out, not to mention probably killed off the franchise for good.

I may have had my disagreements with R3, but I still love the franchise and it deserved better than this.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Fuck that.

This game doesn't get a pass as "a pretty good first effort." This is an established IP that's been around for years now. Sony SHOULD NOT have given this to a D-tier developer with presumably a meager budget.
Ready at Dawn, Sony Bend, or so many other fully capable/established studios should have been able to launch the first legit FPS on a handheld in a big way. Instead, Sony shat this out, not to mention probably killed off the franchise for good.

I may have had my disagreements with R3, but I still love the franchise and it deserved better than this.
I still think it's a better playing game than Resistance 2. ;P

Top Bottom