• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resonance of Fate |OT| John Woo RPG Action and Small Racks

Curufinwe

I'm 60 hours in and only have the last mission left to do, and I haven't had any technical issues on the 360. Do you have the game installed to your hard drive?

Curufinwe

Finished the game after 70 hours and overall it was a great experience, even if I needed to read the Wikipedia entry to understand the story properly. Some of the mediocre reviews almost put me off buying Resonance of Fate, so I encourage anyone who is on the fence about getting it to read his blog on 1up. It does a great job of explaining how the game plays and what makes it special, while also outlining the parts of the game that might make you hate it the way Jeremy Parish does,

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=9095835

Tex117

Banned
Hello all,
I have started and stopped this game about 4 times over the last 4 years...It remains the only game I have paid for that I have not beaten.

Can anyone give me the best way to set up each charater?

Should Vashron dual weild MGs? Should Vashron and Zepher each have a MG?

Whats the best way to do this?

This is the one and only game that after 35 hours, I still barely know how the combat works.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Jhoan

Hello all,
I have started and stopped this game about 4 times over the last 4 years...It remains the only game I have paid for that I have not beaten.

Can anyone give me the best way to set up each charater?

Should Vashron dual weild MGs? Should Vashron and Zepher each have a MG?

Whats the best way to do this?

This is the one and only game that after 35 hours, I still barely know how the combat works.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Have Zephyr dual wield MGs to cause huge scratch damage, Vashyron and Leanne use HGs and deal base damage. Once you get a second HG have one of the said characters dual wield it. There will be one particular boss fight in a later chapter that will require you to have both a hand gun and a machine gun equipped at the same time.

Also make sure you're constantly customizing your guns to increase their charge levels, recoil, accuracy, and what not. As quick pro tip, click R3/LS down to move the gun around as you customize the guns.

Through the course of at least the first playthrough you want to be swapping the guns on the characters around every so often so they all get to level evenly. Remember it's the gun and grenade levels that are added up to make each characters levels.

I'm playing this right now for the first time and currently in chapter 8. I love the battle system very much and imo its one of the best in any jrpgs. Traversing trough grid world with random encounters is damn annoying though. It's a shame such a wonderfully designed world can't be explored in 3rd person perspective.

Wanna know if I need to go back the same path in the dungeon after beating the boss to reach world map? That is damn too stupid.

Top Bottom