• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reuters: Banish Bannon? Trump weighs his options as top aides feud

I find it hard to believe all the articles about Bannon being on the outs lately. It seems so incongruous to the behavior Trump has been exhibiting. Bannon of all staffers is probably the most supportive of Trump's actions this week.

They have Miller

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I hope he fires Bannon as it's one of the only things that will actually hurt him with his deplorable supporters. Probably why he won't do it.

(Tomorrow)

"Breaking News: Trump Fires Bannon"

The "unity" of the freedom caucus racists, alt-right, establishment republicans, evangelicals and libertopians will be glorious to behold.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bannon orchestrates rumors of his own demise to throw his opponents off while he's also simultaneously orchestrating horrendous shit policy.

the problem is Trump

Bannon is in the white house because he believes what Trump believes

Bannon is in the white house to seal up and ensure he keeps the white nationalist base. I'm not sure either choice here is great politically, and even though one is clearly the moral choice, that's not the perspective in which Trump will view this from.

Zolo

the problem is Trump

Bannon is in the white house because he believes what Trump believes

Yeah. From what I can tell, Trump genuinely likes Bannon. Ideologically, Trump has more in common with Bannon than he probably does with Kushner.

Yeah. From what I can tell, Trump genuinely likes Bannon. Ideologically, Trump has more in common with Bannon than he probably does with Kushner.

I used to think Bannon was pushing the nationalist agenda, but given how Trump has been over the last three days he genuinely believes in this shit. Bannon, Trump and Sessions all have to go.

Oriel

Nah, can't see it happening. Trump basically showed everyone where he's leaning towards ideologically. Bannon shares Trumps worldview. If anyone is going it will be McMaster and Kelly. And all the better really, it would be worrisome if Trump was tempered by the "moderates" in the WH to the point where Republicans, Fox and the rest of the insufferable punditry declared he was now "presidential" and the fickle public would accept it as his poll numbers improve.

Everything and anything that makes Trump look like a giant walking ulcer is a good thing. We don't want this presidency to suceed so civil war within this administration and the GOP is to be encouraged.

Nafai1123

Banned
Even if they are racist, non-deranged Jews should have "anti-Nazi" higher up on their priority list than "anti-Muslim."

I think the other problem is they both believe in ethnostate solutions. Zionist Jews believe in the migration of Jewish communities to Israel, which is just fine and dandy with white nationalists that want them out of the country.

Top Bottom