• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reuters: North Korea missile launch lands near Japan waters, alarms Tokyo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Let's just destroy North Korea already. Enough is enough.

Humanitarian answer - most of the population in DPRK are friendly, hard working, brainwashed people not deserving annihilation.

Realist answer - why would China and USA/SK stir shit up when now shit is neatly contained in a shit container, and EU acts as a good cautionary example in very recent memory?

Square2015

My question, does this play into PM Abe's desire to rebuild Japan's military and will this cause any shift in public opinion in Japan (for doing so)?

And has NK ever shown a desire to specifically conquer or attack Japan?

mj-laughing.gif

NK always manages to fuck these things up, i'm surprised they were able to launch 1 of them

prLhhqm.gif

I'm not sure what you mean.

They were not aiming to hit Japan. The goal of their missile launches is to rile people up and intimidate.

If they were invaded they would launch missiles with the goal of actually hitting targets. They're mostly inept compared to South Korea, Japan or the US, but even Iraq in Desert Storm in the 90s was able to hit some targets. North Korea today is more advanced than that and would hit several targets. Missile defense would certainly help, but it's hardly something that people should rely on too heavily as its never been proven in such a scenario. My point is that an attack on North Korea would leave many Japanese dead. South Korea would obviously be at greater risk from conventional artillery.

I say, I say that was a joke, son.

Lmo911

Just keep picking on Japan... those Gundams are just waiting to come out of hiding and take over the world.

MutFox

Banned
If N. Korea was invaded, most likely, all their weapon infrastructure would be targeted 1st.
They wouldn't be able to bomb or use their artillery.
They probably have the plan in place if N. Korea were to do something truly stupid.

Lautaro

N. Korea is funny until it stops being funny.

It was never funny if your knowledge of it goes beyond memes.

Lkr

N. Korea is funny until it stops being funny.

It was never funny if your knowledge of it goes beyond memes.

the actual suffering of their people isn't funny, but the shit they've tried to do on the world stage for the past 10(?) years or so with their missile programs always failing is funny.

Breakage

Recently saw BBC panorama doc on NK. It's unreal that a place like that can exist in 2016. Life there is like something out of a dystopian novel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom