• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reuters: Sessions says he will discuss Comey with Senate panel

KSweeley

Link: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-sessions-russia-idUSKBN19110M

Sun Jun 11, 2017

U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions said in a letter on Saturday that he will appear before the Senate Intelligence Committee on Tuesday to address matters former FBI Director James Comey brought up this week in testimony to the same panel.

In a letter seen by Reuters, Sessions told Senator Richard Shelby, chairman of the Senate Appropriations Subcommittee on Commerce, Justice, Science and Related Agencies, that the intelligence committee is the "most appropriate" place to address matters that came up during Comey's hearing on Thursday.

The letter did not say whether Sessions planned to give public testimony or to appear before the panel behind closed doors.

"In light of reports regarding Mr. Comey's recent testimony before the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, it is important that I have an opportunity to address these matters in the appropriate forum," Sessions said in the letter.

The committee "is the most appropriate forum for such matters, as it has been conducting an investigation and has access to relevant, classified information," he added. The Senate panel is investigating allegations of Russian meddling in the 2016 U.S. presidential election.

jelly

I think Trump records all of his meetings for blackmail and loyalty purposes. We are all in this together, stay the course.

jimmypython

i don't think it's going to be public if Sessions is going to address what Comey disclosed to the Senate in a closed session.

i don't think it's going to be public if Sessions is going to address what Comey disclosed to the Senate in a closed session.

No reason why they couldn't do a public and private session, except of course they don't want sessions to be called out for his BS.

No reason why they couldn't do a public and private session, except of course they don't want sessions to be called out for his BS.

How would they even call him out for his BS in a public session? "Shame on you for doing that thing that we can't talk about in an open setting"

How would they even call him out for his BS in a public session? "Shame on you for doing that thing that we can't talk about in an open setting"

Q: Can you tell me about the time Trump told you to plead loyalty under oath?

A: Ничего, о чем я могу говорить в открытой

shit

There are plenty of things Sessions needs to answer to in a public session.

@SenatorLeahy
Atty Gen. Sessions provided false testimony in response to questions from me and @SenFranken about his contacts with Russian officials. (1)

@SenatorLeahy
(2) Now, twice in 2 mos., AG Sessions cancels an Approps hg in which I could Q him about his false testimony and half-hearted Russia recusal

@SenatorLeahy
3) My mssg to AttyGen Sessions: Approps & Judiciary have oversight of DOJ. You need to testify before both in public. You can't run forever.​

The parameters of his recusal are not classified. Nor are his explanation for his previous perjury or his response to Comey's personal recollections.

Top Bottom