• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ReviewtechUSA: CoD Ghosts PS4 720p as well and more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bailers

Am I the only one that sees a resemblance between this and the dudes face starting at me when i clicked into this thread?
badguy.jpg

I posted it because despite the bullshit in there I thought the DR3 info was interesting as well as the new reasons as or why the games are being delayed. I know some of it makes no sense like the network/resolution bit but it brings new mocking and discussion :)

Also, it's very unusual for this guy to make any comments like this so I started a thread and got GAF's reaction. The sarcasm and gifs have been worth it

You just gave his youtube channel a lot of hits he probably doesn't deserve.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
The box saying 1080p just means that it will scale to and accept that resolution on your display. It does not mean it runs at native 1080p. Come on dude...you know better this. Come on...I mean shit.

Well yes, but putting it alongside numerous sources that say it's 1080p and a Sony exec saying it's 1080p, don't you think that the box saying it's 1080p is an end to the discussion?

Watch dogs was delayed to take it further away from the GTA5 launch so people are hungry for sandbox games again. Drive club was clearly delayed to give Evos more time to polish it, which is good news because the updated videos are amazing compared to the last ones.

As for network issues causing a visual downgrade, that makes no sense at all.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I wouldn't trust Leadbetter now.

He's referring to DF's technical analysis. Leadbetter could try downplaying any visual advantages in the PS4 version but he couldn't get away with outright lying about what resolution it renders at.

Bedlam

Yeah, no. I call BS. Especially the part about Sony de-activating DRM per Day One patch makes no sense.

As far as I know, you can play without that patch. A few days ago, Sony even announced you can download the patch in the background while playing a game.

But without the patch, that'd supposedly mean the DRM was still active. It makes zero sense.

And I'm not even refuting the notion that Sony might've had similar plans as MS at one point. But the DRM de-activation via Day One patch sounds like bullshit.

Aliand

Banned
That is just a bunch of crap.
LMFAO at the network downgrading graphics though but glad did not click the guy's chamnel to give him money.

Well yes, but putting it alongside numerous sources that say it's 1080p and a Sony exec saying it's 1080p, don't you think that the box saying it's 1080p is an end to the discussion?

No, only pixel counting to find native resolution will be the end.

Both PS4 and Xbox One has hardware upscaler, so every game will be output in 1080p.

PC gamers, this is worrisome! Game developers in the future will now be setting your graphics resolution to dynamically change based on your connection speed! Oh teh noes!

Yeah, no. I call BS. Especially the part about Sony de-activating DRM per Day One patch makes no sense.

As far as I know, you can play without that patch. A few days ago, Sony even announced you can download the patch in the background while playing a game.

But without the patch, that'd supposedly mean the DRM was still active. It makes zero sense.

And I'm not even refuting the notion that Sony might've had similar plans as MS at one point. But the DRM de-activation via Day One patch sounds like bullshit.

Sony never had a day one DRM patch, that was only MS.

Wait. COD 1080p native on PS4 was taken from a South American website? Not that it matters which country the website is from, but Adam Boyes has a twitter account. No one confirmed that with him?

Adam said that it was 1080p native at the Brazil Game Show (this was livestreamed and the footage can easily be found). That's where the info came from. So I posted that because it shows how ridiculous his comment is.

Mr Moose

Wait. COD 1080p native on PS4 was taken from a South American website? Not that it matters which country the website is from, but Adam Boyes has a twitter account. No one confirmed that with him?

I've posted a video of him saying it, live at the BGS 4 days ago (got it from the livestream, I have the whole video).

Raonak

Banned
Also another highly reliable source told me this:

MS's two biggest problems, Cboat and ESRAM.... are infact both the same thing.

Esram was so much of a problem, that MS created an AI called botac. but botac has no been leaking all of MS's issues. That's why Cboat's posts are hard to read, he doesn't have enough ram to load the right worlds.

Wow, just took a look at his recent twitter history. Classy guy.

I'm just refering to what the guy said in the video ("Sony's Day One patch will disable DRM blabla").

When you can play games on PS4 without the day 1 patch (which is confirmed), how can the patch remove any DRM?

What's the chances this guy is a GAF member? His hilarious 'resolution downgrade because of netcode' statement is reminiscent of the Killzone variable resolution thread and some of the comments in there.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
At the end he says this about DRM: 'They wanted to do the whole DRM thing too, more than likely ...' Then there's a pause while he considers how he just said that and he adds: 'O ... or, it's more than guaranteed (intonation rising at the end).

He really wants us to believe this badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom