• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ric Flair Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I'd like to dedicate this thread to the Nature Boy, Ric Flair. This thread is for everyone to post about anything and everything related to Ric Flair. Talk about any promos he's done, such as when he went off on Eric Bischoff in WCW. Talk about any personal encounters you've had with Ric Flair. Talk about his matches. Or just have a good time, post picutres, and imitate him.

wwf%20ric%20flair.jpg

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

GaimeGuy

Brian Fellows said:
Why should I apreciate him when he pisses on his own legacy on a weekly basis?
Because he's had more title belts than you've had women!

WOOOOOOOO

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
ORTON LET'S GET SOMETHING STRAIGHT
YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN A LEGEND
WE GO BACK TO SHAWN MICHAELS, GREAT - NO LEGEND
FOLEY? NOT EVEN GREAT, AND FOR SURE NOT A LEGEND
SO IN MY EYES, IN MY EYES, YOU LOOK AT ME AND SAY "LEGEND"
I LOOK AT YOU AND SAY "VIRGIN"
YOU ARE A VIRGIN AT KILLING LEGENDS
AND YOU KNOW HOW MANY VIRGINS I HAVE MADE HOLLER, SCREAM AND BLEED
ALL
NIGHT
LONG

*crowd flips out*

GAAAAH! THAT'S MY SPECIALTY!

I swear last weeks RAW when Flair was pumping up the guys in the back for the lumberjack match he stopped speaking english all together. I TIVO'd that and went over it like 10 times, and he just wasn't even making sense.

He was so sweaty and red, I thought that was the end of Mr. Flair.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
his I quit match with Terry Funk is still the best match I've ever seen.

bjork

bishoptl said:
ALL
NIGHT
LONG

*crowd flips out*

Don't read it, HEAR IT

ToxicAdam

My greatest childhood memories wasn't Mario Brothers or Thundercats. It was turning on NWA Wrestling on Saturday evenings and watching Ric Flair verbally destroy everyone. I don't even think they ever showed him wrestle in that crappy studio ... but his interviews were fucking GOLD.

He was the greatest of ALL time by 1986. Ponder that.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Brian Fellows said:
I dont have it nor do I really care to own it.

Then why do you care whether he pisses on his legacy?

Seriously, if you like wrestling but don't like the Flair DVD, there is something wrong with you.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Wrestling match footage from the 70's, 80's, 90's and today. This includes some of Ric's most famous matches with: Harley Race, Dusty Rhodes, Barry Windham, Ricky Steamboat, Terry Funk, and Sting.

Ric Flair vs. ... (shown in their entirety)

1. Harley Race Starrcade (11/24/83)

2. Dusty Rhodes Starrcade (11/28/85)

3. Barry Windham World Wide Wrestling (01/20/87)

4. Ricky Steamboat Clash of the Champions VI (04/02/89)

5. Ricky Steamboat WrestleWar (05/07/89)

6. Terry Funk I Quit Match Clash of the Champions IX (11/15/89)

7. Royal Rumble (01/19/92)

8. Sting Undisputed World Title Unification Clash of the Champions XXVII (06/23/94)

The DVD will also feature:

*Debut match with the WWWF vs. Pete Sanchez 3/1/76

*A day in the life of the Four Horsemen

*Flair'd match with Triple H from 5.19.03 Raw with a post-show tribute that has never-been-seen before on TV

Plus all the promos & controversies surrounding his greatest matches against Harley Race, Dusty Rhodes, Barry Windham, Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat, Terry Funk, Sting as well as his 1992 Royal Rumble victory.
It's an awesome DVD, well worth the money. Brian, I'm shocked that somebody who's participated in wrestling threads as much as you have wouldn't be stoked to see this collection. Hell, if you think he's pissing on his legacy, wouldn't you want to see him in his prime? *shrug*

Anyways, it's great stuff. WOOOOOOOOO

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
1. Harley Race Starrcade (11/24/83) Wouldnt mind seeing

2. Dusty Rhodes Starrcade (11/28/85) Dont want to see

3. Barry Windham World Wide Wrestling (01/20/87) Dont care

4. Ricky Steamboat Clash of the Champions VI (04/02/89) Have it

5. Ricky Steamboat WrestleWar (05/07/89) Have it

6. Terry Funk I Quit Match Clash of the Champions IX (11/15/89) Dont care

7. Royal Rumble (01/19/92) have it

8. Sting Undisputed World Title Unification Clash of the Champions XXVII (06/23/94) Wouldnt mind seeing

The DVD will also feature:

*Debut match with the WWWF vs. Pete Sanchez 3/1/76 Dont care

*A day in the life of the Four Horsemen Dont care

*Flair'd match with Triple H from 5.19.03 Raw with a post-show tribute that has never-been-seen before on TV Dont want to see

When it comes to Flair I have to care about the person he is wrestling.

FightyF

Banned
Despite his age and his ability to wrestle he's a definate asset to the WWE. Still incredible on the mic, IMO there isn't anyone else better than him currently in the WWE roster.

Red Scarlet

bishoptl said:
ALL
NIGHT
LONG

*crowd flips out*

Haha, didn't he get fined for that and it was altered in replays?

I watched some Royal Rumble where he was #2 and won the thing..maybe that was the 1992 one..was neat.

Prine

Banned
just love it when he flips and starts to run up and down the ring looking to hurt someone, when we all know he's no match for the wrestlers he's having fueds with (batista for example)

When he grabs the ropes and makes HHH hold him back. :lol

Classic stuff from Natch

Flair is one of the only reasons I watch Raw anymore. I can't believe anyone would say he's ruining his legacy, I find him far more entertaining and hilarious right now than he's ever been. I fucking die every single time he gets really animated trying to sneak his way into the ring and ends up getting caught and held back by the ref or someone else. Half the time he's off his feet and just balancing on the middle rope reaching his arms into the ring and flailing around just to get in the ring so he can get clotheslined. And his facial expressions are always classic. He's the only entertaining and funny thing on that show anymore since they started taking themselves way too seriously (Trish is good too when they let her cut promos).

Three weeks ago when they were in Raleigh, after Flair gave that Three Amigos promo about the sledgehammer and they went to commercials, he cut a promo for the live audience by screaming about how Raleigh, NC isn't Flair country, Charlotte is. He totally ran everyone in the audience down and talked shit about everything, but when he came out, everyone was still marking out for him.

Guzim

I'm a limousine-riding, jet-flying, kiss-stealing, wheeling-dealing son of a gun, who's kissed all the girls and made them cry.

EDIT: I love on Raw whenever he goes to the top rope, and King is like, "No Naitch, it never works!"

GaimeGuy

Guzim said:
I'm a limousine-riding, jet-flying, kiss-stealing, wheeling-dealing son of a gun, who's kissed all the girls and made them cry.

EDIT: I love on Raw whenever he goes to the top rope, and King is like, "No Naitch, it never works!"
:lol I still think they should have him get to the top rope, no one is there to stop him, and then he looks all confused like he doesn't know what to do.

GaimeGuy said:
:lol I still think they should have him get to the top rope, no one is there to stop him, and then he looks all confused like he doesn't know what to do.
It already happened with Chris Benoit. Benoit just stood up and looked at Flair like "so, what are you doing up there?" and Flair just got down.

bjork

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
It already happened with Chris Benoit. Benoit just stood up and looked at Flair like "so, what are you doing up there?" and Flair just got down.

:lol, really? Man, I would pay to see this.

bjork said:
:lol, really? Man, I would pay to see this.

Yes, and it wasn't the first time. According to Bret Hart, he goes up there when he doesn't know where to go in the match. Now who's to say if that's acccurate or not, I heard it from the man himself and hiis distaste for Flair is well known.

If you get a chance to meet Bret hart, do so. A very humble guy, loves to talk wrestling and isn't afraid to tell you what he thinks of people. He wouldn't comment on Goldberg... apparantly he's gotten over the whole mule kick thing

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
Flair is one of the only reasons I watch Raw anymore. I can't believe anyone would say he's ruining his legacy, I find him far more entertaining and hilarious right now than he's ever been. I fucking die every single time he gets really animated trying to sneak his way into the ring and ends up getting caught and held back by the ref or someone else. Half the time he's off his feet and just balancing on the middle rope reaching his arms into the ring and flailing around just to get in the ring so he can get clotheslined. And his facial expressions are always classic. He's the only entertaining and funny thing on that show anymore since they started taking themselves way too seriously (Trish is good too when they let her cut promos).

Three weeks ago when they were in Raleigh, after Flair gave that Three Amigos promo about the sledgehammer and they went to commercials, he cut a promo for the live audience by screaming about how Raleigh, NC isn't Flair country, Charlotte is. He totally ran everyone in the audience down and talked shit about everything, but when he came out, everyone was still marking out for him.

It doesnt suprise me one bit that you would still wanna see the old fart in the ring. But I just dont care to see it because he just never looks like he's trying to win a match. His promos are still good though just dont wanna see him in the ring.

Brian Fellows said:
It doesnt suprise me one bit that you would still wanna see the old fart in the ring. But I just dont care to see it because he just never looks like he's trying to win a match. His promos are still good though just dont wanna see him in the ring.
It doesn't surprise me that you would somehow think I like Flair when he wrestles when I didn't say that anywhere in my post.

GaimeGuy

Brian Fellows said:
You do realize that they know who's going to win and who isn't going to win before the match, right?

I honestly don't care if Flair loses EVERY SINGLE match he wrestles in. The man can entertain. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom