• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Richard Lewis dead at 76

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

Richard Lewis, a stand-up comedian who first achieved fame in the 1980s with his trademark acerbic, dark sense of humor, and who later parlayed that quality into an acting career that included movies like “Robin Hood: Men in Tights” and a recurring role as himself on HBO’s “Curb Your Enthusiasm,” died on Tuesday at his home in Los Angeles. He was 76.

28Lewis--gkwp-mobileMasterAt3x.jpg

Always liked this fella on Curb Your Enthusiasm. RIP.

Damn, was just watching Sunday's curb where they were going back and forth about dying. Hopefully he left him in his will.

RIP

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
RIP. was just watching a curb clip with him this morning.

I will never forget his Galileo line. Absolutely hysterical.

RIP

He knew his time was ending. Makes the last Curb season extra special and the dialogue in the last episode between him and Larry is all the more special (where they literally argue over who's going to die first). I'm glad he was able to do what he enjoyed in these last few months.

Last edited:

Neon Xenon

Dammit. One of my favorite Curb Your Enthusiasm cast members. Richard Lewis was great in Robin Hoood: Men in Tights. RIP.

mortal

Gold Member
I've rewatched Curb more times than I can recall, and always found his performance hilarious.

RIP

These guys are the very last of a dying breed of NYC comedians. End of an era. Lewis was a fucking hilarious counter to David's misanthropic rants. When he bashes Larry telling him a praying mantis could operate that fucking phone...almost pissed myself.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I didn't even know he was in Curb Your Enthusiasm. I remember him from older movies and shows and stand-ups. He was really good.

ShadowNate

Sad news.

I think he should have been in more movies and/or TV, but we'll always have his scenes in Curb Your Enthusiasm and Men in tights.

He's been through some unfortunate stuff. He fell off his roof a few years back, too. IIRC.
I dug his comedy, though. Man, first Joan now Richard. I don't feel old, yet, but... God damn..

I always loved him in Robin Hood: Men in Tights, and his appearances on Curb were always hilarious, him and Larry's back and forth were great. He's always looked like shit in Curb though and I thought he was older than he was even like 15 years ago.

Dude was a legend.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Dude was great in Curb, but Ill always remember him for the Boku commericals

Went through the ringer with alcoholism. His brief cameo in Leaving Las Vegas was good too.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
RIP. When zoomers start to get old are they going to notice all their favorite TikTok influencers passing away?

“Richard and I were born three days apart in the same hospital and for most of my life he’s been like a brother to me. He had that rare combination of being the funniest person and also the sweetest. But today he made me sob and for that I’ll never forgive him.” -Larry David

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Comedic Icon. RIP.

His last appearance on Curb talking about his will is something else.

"Oh my god. Fuck you!" lol

Top Bottom