• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rick & Morty [Mafia] |OT| Someone's been spending too much time around glowing rocks

Faddy

Banned
pretty sure the town PMs specify this (well at least that parasites are town). Also the sample one.

I now also realise that apparently I should have read the flavour.

Um I don't know what to do here. I've made a mess of this. Maybe I should name claim.

Fat4all

Banned
good evening

I'am Mushroom MANZ!

THEREFORES TOWNIE AF
Maybe I should name claim.

tenor.gif

i probably shouldn't have to say this, but i urge people to only claim when they absolutely have to. claims can be super helpful in the right situations, but used up too early they can give scum ammo in debates, or targets at night.

day one can be a bit slow, but don't get stir-crazy now.

Faddy

Banned
good evening

tenor.gif

i probably shouldn't have to say this, but i urge people to only claim when they absolutely have to. claims can be super helpful in the right situations, but used up too early they can give scum ammo in debates, or targets at night.

day one can be a bit slow, but don't get stir-crazy now.

I don't think I can walk back my mistake, "lol just baiting, I'm ordinary after all" but I'll keep quiet on my name for now.

Fat4all

Banned
after looking at the rest i missed, not much to see

Kawl and GP thing seems neutral, probably two towns butting heads, but there's very little to go one with both people and i aint super familiar with both of their playstyles

Faddy's liveblog of the show prob just filling time, game is going pretty glacial at the moment,

discussion usually picks up a lot before the end of the day, but i dunno how practical it will be for the day one vote. still don't have a choice for my vote.

I don't think I can walk back my mistake, "lol just baiting, I'm ordinary after all" but I'll keep quiet on my name for now.

in my head, even giving your name can be beneficial to scum, as it can give them a frame of reference when deciding on whether or not to NK you.

either to kill you because they think your character might be important, or to ignore you because they know killing you wouldn't be as good as hitting another target.

save it for if you are on the chopping block and need to try and save yourself for the benefit of town. this could help to shake up potential scum lynch voters as well, or help to isolate them later in the game.

vote:zeemumu

I'm going to admit I know nothing about Rick & Morty.

So far we know that town are the "parasites" and scum are the "smiths"

Swamped

Banned
Ugh guys I'm so sleepy tonight but I will have plenty of time to play tomorrow (hooray for relaxing at home weekends!)

But basically I don't agree with the plethora of people saying not much has happened so far. But don't worry I'm here to sort out this mess.

Sorian

Banned
While I appreciate the "solving" of watching the episode and understanding the source material of who is town and who is scum, that was a piss poor attempt at adding extra fluff to the thread while boosting your own post count Faddy.

VOTE: Faddy

It also read like you'd never seen the show when then you've also done a Meeseeks joke so it really reads like it was a stunt for the sake of it.

zeemumu

The example role specifies that the parasites are town. You're tryna start something with info that was really easy to find. I don't like it, man.

vote:Dusk Soldier

zeemumu

And some people might have claimed.

There are only a set number of named parasites in the show and we all seem to have specific ones instead of just "parasite." There should be 4 Smiths and Mr. Poopybutthole. If everyone called their names now we could probably get through this with minimal deaths.

Sorian

Banned
There are only a set number of named parasites in the show and we all seem to have specific ones instead of just "parasite." There should be 4 Smiths and Mr. Poopybutthole. If everyone called their names now we could probably get through this with minimal deaths.

Poopybutthole is a lot more vague, neutral probably. Silly to think we can just name claim though, as has been the case for seasons now, I'm sure there are fake names.

Fat4all

Banned
If everyone called their names now we could probably get through this with minimal deaths.

really don't know what that would accomplish, AB surely gave the scum team alias names

it'd just be handing scum more free info, they could cherry pick characters who might logically have power roles

Ty4on

While I appreciate the "solving" of watching the episode and understanding the source material of who is town and who is scum, that was a piss poor attempt at adding extra fluff to the thread while boosting your own post count Faddy.

VOTE: Faddy

It also read like you'd never seen the show when then you've also done a Meeseeks joke so it really reads like it was a stunt for the sake of it.
I'm curious, do you want Faddy to name claim or not?

*Splinter

Sorry for being absent so far.

I see we're off to a slow start. I was tempted to start push for No Lynch since, hey, we've not got much. Fortunately I found scum (you're welcome).

And some people might have claimed.
Now we've had a few claims of varying seriousness so far. I don't mind them, in a slow start like this I see them as a desperate attempt to get things moving. I don't take them seriously at all, even Ouro's more straight-laced one (if Ouro claimed a PR later in the game, would people really be concerned about a D1 ordinary claim? No).

So Kalor is scum for focusing on claims.

VOTE: Kalor

*Splinter

Ty4on also continues to be scum, but generates enough Content™ that I wouldn't risk lynching him based on a flimsy D1 read.

It seems to me like one of the logical outcomes if he's pressured.
Any pressure can lead to a lynch, and any lynch will likely be preceded by a claim, sure. Are you going somewhere with this line of questioning?

Kalor

Sorry for being absent so far.

I see we're off to a slow start. I was tempted to start push for No Lynch since, hey, we've not got much. Fortunately I found scum (you're welcome).

Now we've had a few claims of varying seriousness so far. I don't mind them, in a slow start like this I see them as a desperate attempt to get things moving. I don't take them seriously at all, even Ouro's more straight-laced one (if Ouro claimed a PR later in the game, would people really be concerned about a D1 ordinary claim? No).

So Kalor is scum for focusing on claims.

VOTE: Kalor

I've hardly focused on claims. It's not like I'm asking people to reveal their roles. I only said that since Dusk said that the only clear information was the factions so I mentioned that we have potential claims as well. I don't necessarily believe them but they're still there.

*Splinter

Decided to quote this as it's the post Kalor was responding to. This is exactly how I'd summarize the game up to that point. "Some people might have claimed" is not exactly fake news but it's at least, like, celebrity gossip or something.

Also interesting that Zeemumu responded by voting Dusk

zeemumu

really don't know what that would accomplish, AB surely gave the scum team alias names

it'd just be handing scum more free info, they could cherry pick characters who might logically have power roles

Yeah, I guess it'd be too easy if all the town had the actual names and the scum had fake names. I mean there's a list and it equals out to about 15 possible town, and if it's the Smiths that's 5 scum plus Poopybutthole, and that accounts for nearly everyone except one who I'm assuming is Evil Morty.

Ty4on

Ty4on also continues to be scum, but generates enough Content™ that I wouldn't risk lynching him based on a flimsy D1 read.
Please. Look yourself in the mirror.
*fluff,fluff,fluff*
*gotta make some content*

Any pressure can lead to a lynch, and any lynch will likely be preceded by a claim, sure. Are you going somewhere with this line of questioning?
Faddy has already heavily hinted at name claiming.

Yeah I'm going somewhere. If you're not thinking about that it's a reduced view of the game. My idea was that as scum you'd know Faddy wasn't scum and want to get that name out, but never admit that.
Sorian's reply kinda surprised me because I didn't see why that wouldn't be on the back of his mind.

Ty4on

This is just a bad line. If I piqued your scumdar, try solving me instead of sweeping me under the rug.

Looks more interested in setting the agenda without getting hands dirty than actually solving.

Top Bottom