• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ricky Martin Could Face 50 Years in Prison After New Developments Arise in Domestic Dispute

tusharngf

e65a75eb0d7c6765609ea87e1ecb91d8

Shortly after denying allegations made against him in a domestic violence restraining order that was filed in Puerto Rico, Ricky Martin's accuser has been revealed.

After the complaint was made anonymously under Law 54, known as the Domestic Abuse Prevention and Intervention Act, Martin's brother Eric Martin revealed the victim is the artist nephew's Dennis Yadiel Sanchez, according to Marca.

Under the allegations made by his 21-year-old nephew, it is said that he ended a seven-month relationship with Martin and that the "Tu recuerdo" singer did not take it well, consistently reaching out to him and loitering outside his home.

Sanchez added that there was physical and psychological abuse that occurred during the relationship. The legal battle is set to begin on July 21.

Under Puerto Rican law, allegations of incest are taken very seriously. If proven guilty, the artist could be sentenced to up to 50 years in prison.

"The allegations against Ricky Martin that lead to a protection order are completely false and fabricated," representatives for Martin told PEOPLE earlier this month. "We are very confident that when the true facts come out in this matter our client Ricky Martin will be fully vindicated."

Source: https://news.yahoo.com/ricky-martin-could-face-50-163828038.html

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Read the OP, it's there
I did but my question still stands. They booth partook in incest, allegedly, while adults. After the break up There was abuse (wich I’m not defending or anything) - I don’t see how the person bringing this to court isn’t putting himself up.

Doczu

Ok, i'm gonna do my part in cancelling: next time i'm at my parents house i am not going to do drunk Singstar with his songs. Anyone else i need to cancel while i'm at it?

nikolino840

iirc, this kind of incest wouldn't be illegal where I'm from. Only incest between siblings and parent-child incest are illegal.

Source: someone who found his 2nd cousin hot and googled whether it'd be illegal to do her.

(no, we didn't do anything in the end)
Where I worked before, that is, to detach the fruit, the father of my employer is married to his cousin, so his mother is the cousin of the father 😂 they told me that it was a custom that was often done to keep the land and the estate in the same family
I'm from Italy tho

Soodanim

Gold Member
I did but my question still stands. They booth partook in incest, allegedly, while adults. After the break up There was abuse (wich I’m not defending or anything) - I don’t see how the person bringing this to court isn’t putting himself up.
From the OP:
Sanchez added that there was physical and psychological abuse that occurred during the relationship.
Nephew is saying he was a victim so that he doesn't gey charged

sankt-Antonio

From the OP:

Nephew is saying he was a victim so that he doesn't gey charged
What does that have to do with partaking in incest ?

„Hey I got abused by my partner after we committed murder, but you see I’m the victim here so please only go after my ex“

Makes no sense in my eyes.

Soodanim

Gold Member

„Hey I got abused by my partner after we committed murder, but you see I’m the victim here so please only go after my ex“

Ricky's nephew had better hope you aren't on the jury then

He's going to paint himself as being coerced into a relationship through manipulation and abuse

Thaedolus

Gold Member

I’m not expert with incest or incest law but I believe generally when incest occurs and one is 20+ years younger than the other, the younger is considered the victim. And the nephew here is 21 now but who knows how long Ricky was grooming him as a teenager?

Last edited:

sankt-Antonio

I’m not expert with incest or incest law but I believe generally when incest occurs and one is 20+ years younger than the other, the younger is considered the victim. And the nephew here is 21 now but who knows how long Ricky was grooming him as a teenager?
Does age really matter when booth are adults ? I don’t think so. Would be fucked up of the older party gets blamed just because.

Now if Ricky groomed him and started this when he was a teen. Different story. But the info in the OP suggests it all happened when they booth consented to it. And the abuse started once the relationship got broken up.

Jsisto

Obviously this is disgusting because of the incest part, but from the info provided 50 years sounds disproportionately extreme in an abuse case, especially considering they’re both adults. That’s like…murder sentencing.

anthony2690

Gold Member
Obviously this is disgusting because of the incest part, but from the info provided 50 years sounds disproportionately extreme in an abuse case, especially considering they’re both adults. That’s like…murder sentencing.
So will his nephew go prison for 50 years too?

th4tguy

Does age really matter when booth are adults ? I don’t think so. Would be fucked up of the older party gets blamed just because.

Now if Ricky groomed him and started this when he was a teen. Different story. But the info in the OP suggests it all happened when they booth consented to it. And the abuse started once the relationship got broken up.
He filed the complaint anonymously which generally means the person filing remains anonymous….
Pretty sure there is a condition there that allows you to avoid incriminating yourself so you can report a crime.
The father went public with who the victim was, which complicates everything.

Last edited:

Tams

He filed the complaint anonymously which generally means the person filing remains anonymous….
Pretty sure there is a condition there that allows you to avoid incriminating yourself so you can report a crime.
The father went public with who the victim was, which complicates everything.
Sounds like a right mess.

And it sounds like it's possible the Martin's defence team could argue for some sort of bargain due to both having been incestuous. Whether the father knew that before going public... who knows?

Star-Lord

Damn, can kill or rape a person for less time but fucking your own blood lands you 50 years in jail lol.
I mean, the cousin could've quite possibly been a minor when Ricky started the relationship/groomed him. Not to mention that incest is illegal itself.

So, you know, pedophilia, statutory rape, and incest? Sounds like a harsh sentence is about right.

Top Bottom