• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ridge Racer 7 3D License Ver.

Is the dev team for ridge racer busy right now? It feels like forever since RR7 came out, I'm surprised they would try to add this instead of just making RR8 3D

RuGalz

Hoping for trophy support and I'll feel like replaying the whole thing over again since 8 is probably not until next system launch. :lol

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Is the dev team for ridge racer busy right now? It feels like forever since RR7 came out, I'm surprised they would try to add this instead of just making RR8 3D

7 is like 4 years old... :(

Craiji

Hopefully the 3D pack is on the store next week for the US, the day I learn I could play my very first PS3 game on my new TV in 3D I was stoked.

jett

D-Member
Charging for a patch. The Scamco way. With the game already running natively at 1080p@60fps it probably took them about 5 minutes to figure it out, too.

Veins

Unconfirmed Member
Love RR7. I got it a couple of years after release and it still looks good enough. 1080p helps quite a lot. Hopefully RR8 will come eventually with Ace Combat being recently revived after a while after AC6.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
matthsv said:
Love RR7. I got it a couple of years after release and it still looks good enough. 1080p helps quite a lot. Hopefully RR8 will come eventually with Ace Combat being recently revived after a while after AC6.
If it's anything like Ace Combat, then the next Ridge Racer game will probably have real-world cars and tracks.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, because a lot of recent cars look like they came out of a Ridge Racer game: the Ferrari 458 Italia, McLaren MP4-12C, Porsche 918 Spyder Hybrid, and the new Lamborghini and the new Lotus, too.

sn0zc0r3

Neo Member
I played it at TGS. I'll be completely honest and say the last RR I played was back when the PSP first came out but I really, really liked it (before then I think RR4 was the last one I touched). The 3D effects were pretty cool, but I don't think it's necessarily worth 5 bucks. It's not like it helped me time my line going into a curve or anything.

That being said, this thread reminded me how much I enjoyed playing it and it will be procured next time I see it.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
twinturbo2 said:
What happened to isamu?

_dementia said:
Succumbed due to hype?

twinturbo2 said:
Yeah, that's... odd. Was he trolling?

I was banned for making multiple threads about how happy I was over the news regarding Berserk! :lol: :lol: I was so hyped I got carried away :lol:

At first I thought it was about a heated argument I was having over the harsh comments I made about the Logitech G25 in *My Videos*

Anyway I do not own a 3D projector so I won't be able enjoy this new version. They should really update the game properly though.

Blue Griffin

Neo Member
3D Patch is out :D

Cant confirm if it works with USA / UK versions, but did need to update to Ver 1.01 when I played the game earlier.

Trojan X

Banned
Forget that. We just need a new Ridge Racer that really bring the series to the next level. ... Or just combine these games together then all would be good. Please do not call it Ridge Racer 8 though:

big.jpg
raveracw.png

Ridge_Racer_Type_4_pal-cd.jpg

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Trojan X said:
Forget that. We just need a new Ridge Racer that really bring the series to the next level. ... Or just combine these games together then all would be good. Please do not call it Ridge Racer 8 though:

big.jpg
raveracw.png

Ridge_Racer_Type_4_pal-cd.jpg

Fucking Trojan spit that truth my man! :D

I have been playig all three of those games lately on PC. Ugly as sin but still fun. RRType 4 has FORCE FEEDBACK on my any FFB wheel for PC!!! Shit brings a whole new life to the game. I played Rage for HOURS the other day and I'm already up to class 4 :lol Rage has aged poorly in the graphics department :( even when the emulator has all the enhancements turned up to the max it's still ugly as fuck :lol But I still love it no matter what.

God I wish Namco would do you what you propose and combine all three of those games. That would rock my world.

theultimo

isamu said:

I have been playig all three of those games lately on PC. Ugly as sin but still fun. RRType 4 has FORCE FEEDBACK on my any FFB wheel for PC!!! Shit brings a whole new life to the game. I played Rage for HOURS the other day and I'm already up to class 4 :lol Rage has aged poorly in the graphics department :( even when the emulator has all the enhancements turned up to the max it's still ugly as fuck :lol But I still love it no matter what.

God I wish Namco would do you what you propose and combine all three of those games. That would rock my world.
Best music in the series.

MATHMA MATHMA

entremet

isamu said:

I just wish Namco would release these on PSN, so I can play them on my PSP. I lost my discs ages ago. Well for RR3 and RR4 at least.

Top Bottom