• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rime launches for Switch on November 14 in North America, November 17 in Europe

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
http://nintendoeverything.com/rime-...er-14-in-north-america-november-17-in-europe/

Rime finally has a release date on Switch. Grey Box, Six Foot, and Tequila Works have announced that the game will head to Nintendo’s console on November 14 in North America. The European release is set for November 17.

Rime will be sold digitally via the eShop for $29.99 / €34.99 / £29.99. Fans can also purchase a special physical edition containing the full game and a digital download code for the soundtrack at a price of $39.99 / €44.99 / £39.99.

Flarin

Kind of a bummer time to release a game like that, but cool that it's still coming this year. Definitely wanna check it out.

tebunker

Banned
Good to know. I was able to get that amazon $29 price so it only cost me $24. Now I have a couple more months to decide if it is worth the wait. It has already had some good digital sales on other platforms.

Good for those who waited for the Switch version. Sadly, my excitement for this game is now defunct after I watched a friend play it briefly.

Packy

Preordered Rime for the Switch on Amazon when it was listed for $23.99. The delay in launch doesn't bother me at all. Should be a fun game to dive into when I want to ignore family during the Thanksgiving break.

It is later than we originally planned. That said, we wanted to make sure we made the experience the same across all platforms.

Thanks for the extra work. I've been following RiME since it was first announced and it's been hard holding off the PS4 version but I really want to play it on Switch! Hopefully it turns out to be a great port in both docked and portable mode.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
It is later than we originally planned. That said, we wanted to make sure we made the experience the same across all platforms.

Thats good to hear - Reviews were great, so as long the Switch version performs good at the end the release date doesnt really matter.

Looking forward to it.

Buggy Loop

When can we expect a short teaser of the game running on switch to get an idea of performances & visuals?

I've been holding purchasing this on steam ever since it was announced for switch. Portability reigns supreme in what little time i have to play nowadays.

Seik

Banned
Pre-Order not cancelled.

I prefer them taking their time to polish it than release an half-baked product with a promise for a patch.

(I'm looking at you, Overcooked.)

I won't be interested in playing Rime while it's prime season for games and a new xbox is coming out. May just purchase it on ps4/xb1 now while i have time to play it. Surprised by the November date tbh

This has always been my problem with delayed Nintendo console releases. This game just recently went on sale on competing consoles. I got RiME for $19 on PS4. By the time these games release on Switch, they could be had for considerably less on other platforms with likely better graphic performance. This might be a testament on the difficulty of getting a PS4/Xbox One game running on Switch, I just wish that third parties could work for better release parity. I surely hate when Nintendo loses third-party support for lower sales due to stuff like this.

Shiggy

Will there be a Collectors Edition?

It's already sold out, was still available on Amazon.es a few days ago.

81dVILvC4mL._SL1500_.jpg

Edit: Still available on other stores (El Corte Ingles, FNAC).

This has always been my problem with delayed Nintendo console releases. This game just recently went on sale on competing consoles. I got RiME for $19 on PS4. By the time these games release on Switch, they could be had for considerably less on other platforms with likely better graphic performance. This might be a testament on the difficulty of getting a PS4/Xbox One game running on Switch, I just wish that third parties could work for better release parity. I surely hate when Nintendo loses third-party support for lower sales due to stuff like this.

November is actually a bit of an open month for the Switch so who knows, maybe it'll still get some spotlight.

Dariuas

RiME Community Manager
When can we expect a short teaser of the game running on switch to get an idea of performances & visuals?

I've been holding purchasing this on steam ever since it was announced for switch. Portability reigns supreme in what little time i have to play nowadays.

I'll see what I can do!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'm losing it

Opened this thread thinking 'ooh, Rime finally coming out'. Then as I read the posts I started thinking...hang on, did I buy this already and forgot it was in my backlog?

I just checked and not only did I already buy it, I already played and completed it.

Its great btw, you should play it :)

canocha

Do not pre-order at El Corte Ingles.. they cancel the order just because they can.

I managed to order @ Amazon.es

ToonLink

Nice to see it has a solid release date. I was going to wait for the Switch version but I caved and got it on PS4 a couple of days ago.

J@hranimo

Banned
That's actually not a bad time unless Nintendo announces some surprise 1st party Switch game to release then heh.

In for physical.

The game was poorly optimized at launch even on PC, so I guess it shouldn't be that shocking that Tantalus had so much trouble getting performance to an acceptable level on Switch.

ultrazilla

Gold Member
Rime is an amazing game. I bought it digitally off the PSN Store for my PS4 Pro.

I am worried how the performance will be on Switch. I hope they went with a stable 30fps frame-rate and lower resolution. Hopefully they were able to achieve 30fps/720 handheld and 30fps/? docked. Possibly 900p? I doubt it will hit 1080p.

That's what's puzzling with the Switch. We have Ubisoft saying the Snow Drop engine was super easy to get up and running on the Switch but other devs have said they're having problems with performance. Learning curve? Switch just not capable enough? Anyways, good luck on Rime for the Switch!

That's actually not a bad time unless Nintendo announces some surprise 1st party Switch game to release then heh.

In for physical.

I still think there's a pretty good chance of this, most likely Smash 4 DX if so. The lack of a November tentpole release for Switch is just incredibly weird, though stranger things have happened,

chronomac

Mario Odyssey releases days before November. It's a terrible time to release the game.

Well that's over two weeks before RiME and nothing else is announced for November, save for Ittle Dew 2+. I don't think it's necessarily that bad at the moment.

Of course, we don't have dates for Fire Emblem Warriors, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Skyrim, Resident Evil Revelations 1+2, Rocket League, or Sonic Forces, not to mention a bunch of indie games (like Axiom Verge and Stardew Valley), so it could end up being crowded eventually.

Top Bottom