• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rime launches for Switch on November 14 in North America, November 17 in Europe

Mario Odyssey releases days before November. It's a terrible time to release the game.

Ehh. The games have 2-3 weeks between them. For people getting Odyssey day 1, that's plenty of time to sink your teeth into it. Not like anyone should feel they're rushing through it, but for a November release it's spaced as well as it could be.

I'm just glad Ni no Kuni got delayed since that stretch would have been brutal for me otherwise.

I still think there's a pretty good chance of this, most likely Smash 4 DX if so. The lack of a November tentpole release for Switch is just incredibly weird, though stranger things have happened,

For all intents and purposes, Mario Odyssey is that game. They're going to be pushing it through Black Friday, plus BOTW has DLC and Kart and Spla2n won't stop being sold either. Their pre-Black Friday slot will probably go to a new Switch bundle.

My bet is Odyssey is coming out in October specifically because they want to spread out the load its release would bear on Switch stock. So early adopters can get the game in October, people who need a Switch then can get it then, and then they're going to be targeting the mainstream audience by getting stock ready for BF proper.

There might be one more stealth release on Switch for the year but I think this is it as far as AAA goes.

For all intents and purposes, Mario Odyssey is that game. They're going to be pushing it through Black Friday, plus BOTW has DLC and Kart and Spla2n won't stop being sold either. Their pre-Black Friday slot will probably go to a new Switch bundle.

My bet is Odyssey is coming out in October specifically because they want to spread out the load its release would bear on Switch stock. So early adopters can get the game in October, people who need a Switch then can get it then, and then they're going to be targeting the mainstream audience by getting stock ready for BF proper.

There might be one more stealth release on Switch for the year but I think this is it as far as AAA goes.

Possible! If nothing is announced by the end of this month, than you're probably right.

LordKano

Considering how it runs on the console, I could buy it (through the US eShop though, it shouldn't be way cheaper).

Apocryphon

I have put off buying the PS4 version in hopes that the Switch version is up to par. When will we get to see it?

I'll be waiting to see how performance compares to the other versions, and buy either the Switch or PC versions based on the outcome.

Given that the non-Switch versions of the game have iffy performance, I'm somewhat concerned about how well the experience will scale down.

Yeah this is what I'm expecting for both docked and undocked. 1080p sounds too ambitious for this title, especially compared to the other consoles performance according to Digital Foundry.

Maybe they can compromise and pull a Zelda BOTW, aka 900p docked? I just feel like 720p on both undocked and docked is kinda unimpressive. Any resolution boost is better than none.

Yagami_Sama

I totally forgot about this game. Lets see if the will run well on Switch. So maybe that limited edition was listed for a store, which I don't remember, maybe true.

Pre-Order not cancelled.

I prefer them taking their time to polish it than release an half-baked product with a promise for a patch.

(I'm looking at you, Overcooked.)

Same here. A few Switch games seem rushed, especially when they get massive performance boosts from later patches.

Unai

Finally! If the port is good I'll buy it.

Now I only need the date for Stardew Valley, Terraria and Skyrim.

I never preordered, and I'm guessing that fact along with this late release date will likely mean I won't end up buying this holiday. There's too much for me to play during that time.

Hopefully the same thing won't happen to Yooka Laylee.

Ashler

I've been delaying playing on my PS4 so I could play on the Switch instead.

Hope the port is well made.

J@hranimo

Banned
Maybe they can compromise and pull a Zelda BOTW, aka 900p docked? I just feel like 720p on both undocked and docked is kinda unimpressive. Any resolution boost is better than none.

Yeah maybe I suppose. We just need to see some video to have a better idea of how Tantalus toned it down for the Switch.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Take your time, devs. Fingers crossed game's running well when released.

llehuty

Hmmm, amazon.es says the game will be out on the 17th of October. Anyone knows what's up with that. Tempted to preorder there, although it's probably a typo.

YTWyr2o.png

Vinc

Just finished this on PS4 last week, really great game and a great fit for the Switch. Hope it does well for them.

The guy from Digital Foundry warned me about this so I went with the PC version

PC version still runs like shit for me though :lol

Top Bottom