• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rings of Power Season 2 Trailer Released

Draugoth

Gold Member

Darkness will bind them. The Rings Of Power returns August 29 on Prime Video. Sauron has returned. Cast out by Galadriel, without army or ally, the rising Dark Lord must now rely on his own cunning to rebuild his strength and oversee the creation of the Rings of Power, which will allow him to bind all the peoples of Middle-earth to his sinister will. Building on Season 1’s epic scope and ambition, Season 2 of Amazon’s The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power plunges even its most beloved and vulnerable characters into a rising tide of darkness, challenging each to find their place in a world that is increasingly on the brink of calamity. Elves and dwarves, orcs and men, wizards and Harfoots… as friendships are strained and kingdoms begin to fracture, the forces of good will struggle ever more valiantly to hold on to what matters to them most of all… each other.

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
No Way Do Not Want GIF by MOODMAN

jason10mm

Gold Member
This looks great. Why am I supposed to hate this show anyway?
Did you watch season 1? What did you like about that season?

I struggle to think of a single redeeming thing about S1.

Oh wait....there we go...

naY93kF.jpeg

If you had told me 15 years ago that there would be a BILLION DOLLAR LOTR show AND a high dolla Wheel of Time show on TV and I wouldn't give a shit, I would have slapped you silly. But here we are....

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

naY93kF.jpeg

If you had told me 15 years ago that there would be a BILLION DOLLAR LOTR show AND a high dolla Wheel of Time show on TV and I wouldn't give a shit, I would have slapped you silly. But here we are....

And they somehow fucked up both to be unwatchable. Two easy wins were fumbled so horribly.

Artoris

Gold Member

naY93kF.jpeg

"I struggle to think of a single redeeming thing about S1."

The battle between the egals and dragons at the beginning of S1 was no bad I think it was the unnumbered tears one

jason10mm

Gold Member
Who asked for season 2? Why not use that money to fight world hunger Amazon?
I think they are committed to 5 seasons no matter what, the Tolkien estate realllllllyyy had them by the balls. IIRC it was a couple hundred million just for the TV rights to LOTR and the appendicies (NOT the silmarillion as is often said), as well as a 100+ mill/season guaranteed spend for 5 seasons, getting us to that 1 billion dollar outlay.

Laptop1991

I stopped watching the show after the 2nd episode, it was all over the place story wise, i was sitting there saying "whats going on", bad writing doesn't keep me entertained.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח

naY93kF.jpeg

Wow, Wheel of Time. I haven't read the books and I was excited to see it.

Just the outfit of the main character, that Celio sweater he wore in the beginning I was like... nope.

Oberstein

I don’t know what to think about it. The first season had a real writing and pacing problem. Tough to get excited about, but on the other hand, they could hardly do worse... well, normally.

If they could get rid of all the cheap hobbit stuff, that'd be great, but unfortunately that's not going to happen.

Well, there's already a making of :

Last edited:

NecrosaroIII

Ultimate DQ Fan
I didn't mind Rings of Power season 1 too much, but there is a few points that kinda urked me.

Galadriel being super upset about her brother getting killed, yet apathetic that her husband is missing / dead. She just casually drops it. Really fucking weird
Them invoking the Silmarils to explain the origin of mithril, which i don't think we really needed. They need to be VERY careful when involving the Silmarils, and they shouldn't be used lightly.
The creation of the elven rings. The final episode was super rushed. For one thing, I think Tolkien had a very strong point when he said that the elven rings were made without any involvement from Sauron. It means they were purer. So having them made first was a mistake. But I don't know, it seems they're going to go all in on Annatar in the next season. Do we really need two alias of Sauron helping to make the rings?

The whole "elves are gonna take our jobs" thing was pretty dumb too, especially since the big angst that Numenor had was that they were jealous of elven immortality. Why not use that instead? Numenoreans are already basically super humans. Why not play that up?

I think they are committed to 5 seasons no matter what, the Tolkien estate realllllllyyy had them by the balls. IIRC it was a couple hundred million just for the TV rights to LOTR and the appendicies (NOT the silmarillion as is often said), as well as a 100+ mill/season guaranteed spend for 5 seasons, getting us to that 1 billion dollar outlay.

63% of viewers bailed on season one and they are committed to five seasons?

LOL

What a colossal waste of money.

Musashipan

Not very excited about this
First season was crap
Only the visuals were OK
It doesn't feel like middle earth, it feels like a cheap fantasy series.

Please Sir PJ, give us something good

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Couldn't get in to this one, I think I watched 2 episodes but I cant remember anything that happened.

I remember thinking it felt really cheap and corny and just poor overall for the amount of money that had been spent.

Sonik

Critical Drinker and other angry YouTubers rejoice in the content creation.

They're playing the game on easy mode, they're basically getting paid to make fun of a collapsing industry. Under normal circumstances that wouldn't be popular at all and would be considered a dick move but given how pretentious and arrogant the particular industry is people seem to enjoy it very much

Top Bottom