• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RIP Michael Jackson 1958-2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mik2121

Woah, it's been 8 years already? Time flies by way too fast. I have a bunch of his songs on my top 25 recently played songs on my iPhone. So many great songs...

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Reading the first few pages of this thread... I feel like this forum as a whole has grown up a lot since 2009.

Yeah. Threads of people dying/ injured today is like a night and day comparison to reading this thread, which is good

although tbf some people still probably hold some very strong opinions over the allegations, which is fair enough

Ill always love his music however

did you see Thriller?
giphy.gif

Anth0ny

for some reason it trips me out every time I realize how long ago his death was

doesn't feel like it's been 8 years

still hurts :(

Still can't believe it's been 8 years, I still remember my dad coming out and telling me the news that Jackson had died. I thought he was kidding at first, but was shocked to later learn he was correct.

OraleeWey

It really isn't.

*To a human it is

But really, I remember this like it was just a year or two. Man, I'm getting old and I'm not liking it one little bit.

I don't understand how I thought I was here when this happened, but I've only been a member since 2011...

I feel the exact same way. I feel like I was here in this thread from the beginning but I obviously wasn't. I think someone bumped this on the same day, different year since he died or something.

OH wow, 8 years? I still remember waking up from a nap and seeing this thread thinking WTF. Can't remember if I was a lurker or a member at that time.

Edit: wow I joined exactly 7 years ago today. I wonder if this was when I got accepted or when I created the account.

Robso

Such a shame. Maybe one day you'll finally be left alone. R.I.P. King.

NYIOlfn.png

It's sad that being a good dancer means people will let you get away with being scum.

Even sadder is somebody who believes what the media told them. When you're investigated for ten years and not a single ounce of proof can be found, something is wrong. Even more so when a district attorney tries to get the FBI to enforce the archaic Mann Act, which notably saw fellow black men smeared by the ruling, as they have nothing on you.

Even with police breaking the law, they still failed to pin a single charge on him.

Such a shame. Maybe one day you'll finally be left alone. R.I.P. King.

NYIOlfn.png

Even sadder is somebody who believes what the media told them. When you're investigated for ten years and not a single ounce of proof can be found, something is wrong. Even more so when a district attorney tries to get the FBI to enforce the archaic Mann Act, which notably saw fellow black men smeared by the ruling, as they have nothing on you.

Even with police breaking the law, they still failed to pin a single charge on him.

Yeah the evil media made him pay off a bunch of children

Robso

Once again, believing what you hear. A bunch of children were never paid off. I guess you believe the 'FBI had proof of payments to families'. It just isn't true.

Davelin - Sister.
Lamere - Family friend.

Arvizo.png

This is the family prosecutors put on the stand. A family who'd falsely accused others of imprisonment and molestation.

Syder

'A bunch of children'? One child's parents pushed to get a pay off (because who cares about justice, right?) which was paid by the company insuring the Dangerous Tour.

Hilarious to me that people non-stop complain about shoddy journalism, tabloids, conspiracies and fake news stories affecting the US election... and yet they'll buy anything that's about a celebrity because it's juicy. People would literally prefer that Michael Jackson molested children than was an innocent man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loCFx_eelXE

Another year, another wave of dumbasses on the internet parroting outdated media rhetoric.

I for one will continue to enjoy the music and art MJ brought to this world. Nobody alive today has or will ever come close.

Once again, believing what you hear. A bunch of children were never paid off. I guess you believe the 'FBI had proof of payments to families'. It just isn't true.

The culture of victim blaming is so toxic to me. That you can have people say they were sexually assaulted by a man but because they’re 1) male and 2) you’re a fan of the singer you can just overlook it. Oh the victim is lying. He’s lying about being sexually assaulted. It’s really something.

So the 30 odd million or whatever it was he gave away to stop the trial in the 90s that’s just a non issue to you? That didn’t happen? That is the actions of an innocent man? Get out of here. The guy was a freak with mental health problems but that doesn’t excuse him being a scum bag. Save your “the media!”

Syder

The culture of victim blaming is so toxic to me. That you can have people say they were sexually assaulted by a man but because they're 1) male and 2) you're a fan of the singer you can just overlook it. Oh the victim is lying. He's lying about being sexually assaulted. It's really something.

So the 30 odd million or whatever it was he gave away to stop the trial in the 90s that's just a non issue to you? That didn't happen? That is the actions of an innocent man? Get out of here. The guy was a freak with mental health problems but that doesn't excuse him being a scum bag. Save your ”the media!"
The words of someone that has done no research on a topic.
KuGsj.gif

It's hilarious that you came into a thread where people were celebrating someone's life to shit on said person when you have no knowledge on the subject.

The words of someone that has done no research on a topic.
KuGsj.gif

It's hilarious that you came into a thread where people were celebrating someone's life to shit on said person when you have no knowledge on the subject.

Did he or did he not pay out millions to the family of the child who accused him of sexual assault.

Robso

The culture of victim blaming is so toxic to me. That you can have people say they were sexually assaulted by a man but because they're 1) male and 2) you're a fan of the singer you can just overlook it. Oh the victim is lying. He's lying about being sexually assaulted. It's really something.

So the 30 odd million or whatever it was he gave away to stop the trial in the 90s that's just a non issue to you? That didn't happen? That is the actions of an innocent man? Get out of here. The guy was a freak with mental health problems but that doesn't excuse him being a scum bag. Save your ”the media!"

So, you just ignored the 'bunch of children not being paid off' bit.

*Sigh*. Okay, tell me, this victim blamer who has actually read the court documents that are full of obvious lies, what is so convincing about the stories.

Can you tell me why the Father of the boy in 1993 was theorising what MJ's penis looked like?

Can you tell me why, instead of going to police, he was caught on tape saying -

Chandler is the Father.

Chandler: Michael Jackson's

16 career, Dave. This man is gonna be humiliated

17 beyond belief. You'll not believe it. He will not

18 believe what's going to happen to him.

19 MR. SCHWARTZ: Yeah.

20 MR. CHANDLER: Beyond his worst

21 nightmares. [tape irregularity] not sell one more

22 record.

and

5 MR. CHANDLER: There are other people

6 involved that are waiting for my phone call that

7 are intentionally going to be in certain

8 positions —

9 MR. SCHWARTZ: Yeah.

10 MR. CHANDLER: — [tape irregularity].

11 I paid them to do it. They're doing their job. I

12 gotta just go ahead and follow through on the time

13 zone.

14 MR. SCHWARTZ: Um-hmm.

15 MR. CHANDLER: I mean the time set out.

16 Everything is going according to a certain plan

17 that isn't just mine. There's other people

18 involved —

---

As usual, people can't debate. 'Get out of here'. What a brilliant defence. You don't know a single thing about the cases, whereas I do. Your source is the media, whereas mine is court documents.

You're showing extreme ignorance. The settlement didn't stop a criminal trial in the 90's. It stopped a civil one. 97% of civil cases are settled out of court. The law encourages people to do so.

The family were able to testify at any time they wanted. The case was even left open. Instead, they chose to write a book and sell stories to the media. When asked to testify they refused. When Michael Jackson subpoenaed the boy's Uncle to testify, he shit himself.

Nor was it for $30 million. Again, believing the media.

Why were the family so scared of a criminal trial? Bizarrely, Michael Jackson wanted the criminal trial to go before the civil one. Whereas the family wanted the opposite. Here they are shitting themselves over a trial that would put a criminal behind bars:

Lawyer Larry Feldman: The only thing we gotta do is keep the criminal behind us. I don't
w ant them going first."

Larry had said it before, but it hadn't registered in Evan's brain till now.

Father: You mean if they indict, the criminal case automatically goes before us?

Lawyer: "Yeah."
Father: "Jesus Christ!"
Lawyer: "Right! So we don't want that."

Also, MJ could of 'paid the family off' before anything became public. The family wanted money from the start.

Had Michael paid the twenty milhon dollars demanded of him 1 0
August, rather than the following January, he might have spent the next ten
years as the world's most famous entertainer, instead of the world's most
infamous child molester.

also:

Fields and Pelicano (MJ's team) already knew Evan was willing to negotiate. Why
not pay him off and nip the nightmare in the bud while you've got the
opportunity?

and

Not only do you avoid a civil suit, but also, more
important, you buy your way around the authorities by removing their star
witness. Ten, twenty, thirty million? Moneys no object. The deal could be
fait accompli within hours

And who can forget. The moment the Father saw Michael Jackson for the first time after his son had supposedly told him MJ had molested him. They met, as Evan wanted to demand money from MJ.

Evan then walked over to Michael and embraced the star with a big, happy to-see-you
hug, patting him on the back like an old friend

Also

Investigated for ten years.
Police broke the law.
Hundreds of people interviewed.
Strip searched.
Police flying around the planet desperately trying to find victims.

and yet not a single piece of evidence was ever found.

So, you just ignored the 'bunch of children not being paid off' bit.

*Sigh*. Okay, tell me, this victim blamer who has actually read the court documents that are full of obvious lies, what is so convincing about the stories.

Can you tell me why the Father of the boy in 1993 was theorising what MJ's penis looked like?

Can you tell me why, instead of going to police, he was caught on tape saying -

Chandler is the Father.

and

---

As usual, people can't debate. 'Get out of here'. What a brilliant defence. You don't know a single thing about the cases, whereas I do. Your source is the media, whereas mine is court documents.

You're showing extreme ignorance. The settlement didn't stop a criminal trial in the 90's. It stopped a civil one. 97% of civil cases are settled out of court. The law encourages people to do so.

The family were able to testify at any time they wanted. The case was even left open. Instead, they chose to write a book and sell stories to the media. When asked to testify they refused. When Michael Jackson subpoenaed the boy's Uncle to testify, he shit himself.

Nor was it for $30 million. Again, believing the media.

Why were the family so scared of a criminal trial? Bizarrely, Michael Jackson wanted the criminal trial to go before the civil one. Whereas the family wanted the opposite. Here they are shitting themselves over a trial that would put a criminal behind bars:

Also, MJ could of 'paid the family off' before anything became public. The family wanted money from the start.

also:

and

Not only do you avoid a civil suit, but also, more
important, you buy your way around the authorities by removing their star
witness. Ten, twenty, thirty million? Moneys no object. The deal could be
fait accompli within hours

Also

Investigated for ten years.
Police broke the law.
Hundreds of people interviewed.
Strip searched.
Police flying around the planet desperately trying to find victims.

and yet not a single piece of evidence was ever found.

Here’s my source: jackson paid off a family to keep them quiet. Jackson has been accused by multiple people of sexual assault. I don’t victim blame. I’m not looking for reasons to discredit the victims. I don’t give a shit about “the media”, I care about the fact a rich man paid people to shut up and admitted he invited young boys to stay with him. If you think that isn’t an admission of guilt you have very different morals to me my friend!!

The fact you’re so emotional about this means it’s impossible to reason with you. To you clearly the normal rules don’t apply. You’re a fan of his shitty music, so you’ll just excuse everything.

Robso

Here's my source: jackson paid off a family to keep them quiet. Jackson has been accused by multiple people of sexual assault. I don't victim blame. I'm not looking for reasons to discredit the victims. I don't give a shit about ”the media", I care about the fact a rich man paid people to shut up and admitted he invited young boys to stay with him. If you think that isn't an admission of guilt you have very different morals to me my friend!!

Why do you not read what I say? Nobody was paid to keep quiet! How can you pay somebody to keep quiet when the whole world knows? He settled the civil suit. The criminal investigation continued for several months after the civil settlement.

You don't give a shit about the media, yet they are your source for basically everything you've said.

Nobody was paid to shut up. You simply do not understand how things work. It is a fact nobody was paid to stop them from speaking in a court room. Infact, the boy's Mother did just that in 2005.

It's an admission of guilt to allow people to stay at your home? Do I think MJ didn't set necessary boundaries? Yes. However, there's simply no proof of a crime having taken place. You haven't read the stories of these people.

The MJ case is very different to other celebrities. He was investigated more rigorously than probably anybody has ever been. We also have access to the court transcripts where we can see why he was found innocent. We also can see how Corey Feldman was interviewed by police and NAMED his Hollywood abuser. Yet they did nothing about it. They only wanted to hear one name, Michael Jackson.

Read this to show what a joke the trial was - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/charles-thomson/one-of-the-most-shameful_b_610258.html

The man was even strip searched and the boy's description simply did not match.

Also, two grand juries convened in 1994 and a juror said 'no damaging evidence was heard'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom