• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ripple Dot Zero by Pixeltruss - Free 16 bit platformer in your browser

Munin

Too bad, the presentation is stunning but the level art just lacks so much detail in places it almost feels like the game is unfinished. Like the completely undetailed ground in the first couple levels.

drspeedy

Too bad, the presentation is stunning but the level art just lacks so much detail in places it almost feels like the game is unfinished. Like the completely undetailed ground in the first couple levels.

the audio easily makes up for anything lacking. Dat 80's!

omigod this is amazing. Bring this to mobile or console as a download, I'll buy!

[edit] loved the credits popping up.

orioto

Good Art™
Oh wow, it's so rare to see some fine "hd" pixel art! It always feel like the next gen we should have had 15 years ago :p

Game looks lovely!

VariantX

If they ever do a kickstarter for this game for additional platforms, I'd back it in a second. This game needs to be played at 60 fps and not in a browser. I would love to see this on my 3ds.

qq more

Seeing this on the 3DS with 3D would be fantastic. Too bad the 3DS is kind of too low res for this game I think?

qq more

Just went back to the game and it turns out it does save. I booted up the game as normal and it sent me to the world map with everything I've done. Awesome.

Huh? I think it would be perfectly fine for that platform.
They'd have to redo the sprite work as it is not made for the tinier resolution in mind. If they were to keep everything as is and just lower the resolution it would be a pain to play as the main character would take too much of the screen. I'll be down for a 3DS version with a smaller sprite style, though!

Hmmm....watched the trailer and the framerate looks very poor. Jumping physics seem floaty as well. Two flaws a platformer absolutely cannot have.
The physics works pretty well in the game. The framerate on the other hand is kind of choppy, nothing game breaking and it never gave me issues but it's my only complaint with the game. I really recommend giving it a shot, you're missing out!

Mein gott, the music is fucking phenomenal.

Yep! Returned to this thread just to link to soundtrack: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00D4QQ0YM/?tag=neogaf0e-20 $8.99 for the full thing

dropbear

Banned
This is really cool. Fun to play and as far the presentation goes, the style and music are fantastic. Controller support would make this even better.

Sorry to bump this topic, but I just played this on Newgrounds and have to say this game has a lot of soul into it. You can tell by the detail of the animations and backgrounds that the developer put a lot of sweat and blood into it. Goddamn this game is impressive.

My friends just introduced me to this game, which I had previously never heard of, and I am lovin' it! The music, as mentioned many times before, is superb, and basic gameplay reminds me of a cross between Megaman and Sonic!

I would gladly pay for this on PSN, hopefully something like that happens in the future!

The discovery of this game, by the way, was due to me posting a link to this online, where my friends saw it, and clicked on a related link in the article, apparently the guy who did the paintings in the original link(which are so awesome) was involved in Ripple Dot Zero in some capacity as well!

Top Bottom