• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rise Of The Footsoldier Chapter V Vengeance

RagnarokIV

I saw the first film when it came out in the cinemas and really enjoyed it, but every sequel has gotten progressively worse.
I started liking them when they became comedies (3 onwards).
The first film was ok, especially when they all got shot up in the Range Rover. The rest of the films are really terrible.
When Pat Tat went Splat

Head Explode GIF by Martin Onassis

metal gear solid japan GIF

RagnarokIV

Just got home from seeing this. Cinema was empty, just my group (3 of us) and 2x groups of 2. So 7 in total...

3 and 4 are hilarious comedies, don't care about 1 and 2. I think is gonna be a gem of the year. It's hilarious, action packed and genuinely had some sadness and emotion to it.

The budget has gone up a lot from the previous ones, it actually looks and feels like a real movie. It was a little blurry in a few places (as if shot digital 1080 and doesn't scale up to a projection well) but hey, it's better than any of the marvel crap and The Flash lmao

Go see it and support a decent indie film guys.

Last edited:

RagnarokIV

Just noticed EviLore EviLore givin' it the like - about to see Pat Tat splat some cunts? Don't let 'em mug ya off ya dopey kunt!! If you want a proper geezer on the mod team you know where I am lad!

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Just noticed EviLore EviLore givin' it the like - about to see Pat Tat splat some cunts? Don't let 'em mug ya off ya dopey kunt!! If you want a proper geezer on the mod team you know where I am lad!
I'll catch it on VOD, will almost always give gritty old guy revenge movies a watch.

Go_Ly_Dow

I just got round to watching this. I felt more movie like than the others and a bit more grounded. Also one of the special thanks in the credits is me. 🤫

gfUBPZS.jpg

There's two more in the works, one is a Rise 1 prequel with Carlton Leach and a sequel to this set in Ibiza.

RagnarokIV

I just got round to watching this. I felt more movie like than the others and a bit more grounded. Also one of the special thanks in the credits is me. 🤫

gfUBPZS.jpg

There's two more in the works, one is a Rise 1 prequel with Carlton Leach and a sequel to this set in Ibiza.

Nice, but shame you didn't pay the 10k for Tony Tucker to punch you in Origins haha.

I thought the first 2 films were shit. But 3 and 4 are hilarious and I genuinely enjoyed them. 5 in the cinema was so good though, felt like a real movie and was one of my favoritres of the year lol.

If the new ones hit the cinema I'll definitely be there, hopefully they don't go back to being obnoxious chav films like the first one.#

Also I guess that's why Leach is chummy with the producers, I saw he was posting photos online with them after hating them for years.

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

Nice, but shame you didn't pay the 10k for Tony Tucker to punch you in Origins haha.

I thought the first 2 films were shit. But 3 and 4 are hilarious and I genuinely enjoyed them. 5 in the cinema was so good though, felt like a real movie and was one of my favoritres of the year lol.

If the new ones hit the cinema I'll definitely be there, hopefully they don't go back to being obnoxious chav films like the first one.#

Also I guess that's why Leach is chummy with the producers, I saw he was posting photos online with them after hating them for years.

I wish I had paid to be an extra to be honest. Would have been amazing to actually be in one of these films.

I actually love the first one its a rollercoaster of laughs because of how well it potrays football hooligan culture. Every time Ricci Harnett, aka Carlton leach opens his mouth it's hilarious. The 2nd is a joke and the rest are all fun.

Last edited:
Top Bottom