• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rob Gronkowski is coming out of retirement, being traded to Tampa Bay Buccaneers

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters

"
After one year of retirement, it appears that Rob Gronkowski is ready to return to the NFL, and apparently, it won't be with the Patriots.

According to ESPN.com, the Patriots and Buccaneers have agreed to terms on a shocking trade that will bring Gronk out of retirement and send him to Tampa. In the deal, the Patriots will be sending Gronk and a seventh-round pick to the Buccaneers, and in return, New England will get a fourth-round pick from Tampa.

What this all means is that GRONK IS COMING OUT OF RETIREMENT. According to NFL.com, Gronk informed the Patriots this week that not only did he want to return to football, but he wanted to reunite with Tom Brady. The reason the two teams had to work out a trade for Gronk is because the tight end had one-year remaining on his contract when he called it quits following the 2018 season and since he didn't play in 2019, that meant the Patriots still had him under contract for one more year.

One reason the Patriots were likely open to a deal is because of their precarious salary cap situation. As of April 21, the Patriots have roughly $2.1 million in salary cap space, which is a huge issue, because once Gronk comes out of retirement, New England would have to immediately make room for his $12 million cap hit. If the Patriots couldn't make the room, then they would have two options: Trade him immediately or cut him.

Obviously, the Patriots chose to go with option one. Trading him away makes a lot of sense for the Patriots, because they're a rebuilding roster that needs all the draft picks they can get. "

This news makes me physically ill. 2020 fucking sucks and I hope I die of the coronavirus

Last edited:

Jaxx_377

Neo Member
n3X9xhd.jpg

When I saw “Gronk possibly playing for Tampa” trending, I was like “that’s dumb, he’d still be under contract in New England,” but obviously a trade makes sense, especially given the Pats salary cap situation and need for draft picks.

Last edited:
Godwin and Evans are going to have to a lot more to play with with Gronk occupying safeties attention. Howard doesn’t seem to have lit the world on fire but I loved him at Alabama.

Tom Brady still has escalating physical limitations that were readily apparent last season (he just cant make all the throws anymore) but it should be an interesting season. Arians and Brady are a good duo

Last edited:

Malakhov

Banned
Damn, not too long ago just the thought of playing football was making him cry. Nevermind the blood in the urine.

What the hell?

looking to play that home field superbowl it seems

I just looked at the schedule and I could definitely see 10 wins as a modest estimate. As far as hosting a playoff game, not sure I see them overtaking New Orleans for the division but given the nature of NFL football (losing games you’re supposed to win, winning games you’re supposed to lose) that win total could go as high as 12 or as low as 8 (if they just have one of those crazy bad luck seasons, LA Chargers style).

I’ll be insanely impressed if they make it to the NFC championship game. If that make it at least that far, to me that’s another notch on Brady’s belt, even if they lose it

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
I don't think so either. He basically had a major injury every season, but I guess he can't keep himself away. Kind of like Junior Seau, who also kept coming out of retirement. Hopefully it turns out better for Gronk than it did Seau.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Tom Brady trying for his first non cheating legitimately earned ring!

I hope he gets it so his career accomplishments don't all have asterisks next to them.

neobiz

This is going to be the greatest shit ever

I just don't know what way it's going land, an A or an F

Super bowl is in Tampa for the 2020/2021 season

I want to die. This year sucks.

20 years of dominance wasn’t enough? Welcome to how the rest of us have lived. There are adults whose team has never made one super bowl in their lifetime, during which the Pats have made 9. We’ll never see a run like that again in the NFL imo.

What the Pats have accomplished, especially in this day and age, is unprecedented in the NFL.

Last edited:
Top Bottom