• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 announced for PS4 and Xbox One

I just went to Best Buy a few minutes ago to pay off my preorder, and I learned a couple of things....

one, apparently you cant "pay off" a preorder early in store, you just pay the balance at the time of pickup.

two, according to the guy at the service desk, the game will not be released tomorrow, but on friday. Kind of a bummer, but i'll try again tomorrow anyway. As he was saying this he kinda had his eyeballs pointing up to the ceiling like he was trying to recall something, almost looked like he wasn't sure. (or maybe i'm just hoping he was wrong lol)

Friday wtf.
Are you XB1 or PS4? I've only heard about XB1 supplies being messed up.

beanman25

downloaded MOST of what I've bought in the past. Searched up each track in the Xbox One store.

Still not sure about rb2 tracks, but we shall see tomorrow. Still got 40-50 songs. Which is cool with me.

I swear that half the time I preorder from BB the website will say it's available for pick up, but all the emails I get have the proper release date for when it will be ready for pick up.
Just got the email and text message from best buy, it does state that the preorder is ready for pick up from 10/6 through 10/14.

joeposh

So am I to understand correctly that because I'm buying the band in a box instead of the digital download for Xbox One, I won't be getting any of the 12 exclusive bonus tracks? That seems... quite backwards.

So, lets say i pre-order my copy today digitally. Does that mean as long as its before midnight, i'll get the bonus songs?

Also, anyone know anyone who might have the legacy adapters tomorrow? If my amazon order hasn't shipped, i may just go buy one tomorrow instead of waiting the extra 2 days to play the game with a cheaper one

vg260

Yep. The RB4 hardware is basically the RB2 hardware with new console sync buttons.

In a Mad Catz video they said the old cymbals will work with the new kit, but when the new RB4 cymbals come out they will not work with older kits.

So am I to understand correctly that because I'm buying the band in a box instead of the digital download for Xbox One, I won't be getting any of the 12 exclusive bonus tracks? That seems... quite backwards.

Yes. You may get other pre-order tracks depending on where you buy, but you also get new instruments with the disc copy that aren't available separately until next year, so it's more than a fair trade-off.

I'd happily pass on the extra 12 tracks I get with the digital version if I could actually buy new hardware.

https://twitter.com/RockBandAide/status/651065330391977984

All of the Xbox One and PS4 preorder bonus songs should be up for individual purchase by tomorrow.

The Amazon-exclusive songs are presumably coming at a later date.

Nice. Not sure I want to buy any DLC after how much I spent on the sale, but it's good that it's there.

I'll probably pick up Mephistopheles fairly soon though. Probably won't bother with anything known to be in Guitar Hero, none of my friends really play drums.

komarkaze

I just pre-ordered the Xbox One version digitally an hour ago through the website. It said that the bundle included the game plus the 12 DLC songs and listed all items individually. Should be all good to go.

https://twitter.com/RockBandAide/status/651065330391977984

All of the Xbox One and PS4 preorder bonus songs should be up for individual purchase by tomorrow.

The Amazon-exclusive songs are presumably coming at a later date.
Well, that's another seven songs to play tomorrow.

Assuming that SCEE releases them on time. I know I make that disclaimer fairly often but, like, they have really been that bad over the years. The one thing that they got right was releasing "Pick Up The Pieces" a few weeks before it was announced and that was only by accident.

styl3s

Can you still buy the RB3 export thing on xbox for $5? I bought it on PS4 but i think i might want to get the game on XBONE now

Syriel

First new DLC- 15 Foo Fighters songs!

Ayy lmao

:p

From the press release:

New tracks available for download on Xbox One and PlayStation®4 on October 6 include:
• All That Remains – "Divide"
• All That Remains – "What If I Was Nothing"
• BABYMETAL – "Gimme Chocolate!!"
• Blitz Kids – "Run For Cover"
• Bring Me The Horizon – "Throne"
• Dead Sara – "Mona Lisa"
• Duran Duran – "The Reflex"
• Earth, Wind & Fire – "September"
• Interpol – "All The Rage Back Home"
• Janis Joplin – "Move Over"
• Jefferson Starship – "Jane"
• Linkin Park ft. Daron Malakian – "Rebellion"
• Marilyn Manson – "The Mephistopheles Of Los Angeles"
• Mastodon – "High Road"
• My Morning Jacket – "One Big Holiday"
• Of Mice & Men – "Would You Still Be There"
• Oh Honey – "Sugar, You"
• Pantera – "Cowboys From Hell (Live From Monsters In Moscow Festival)"
• Pierce the Veil ft. Kellin Quinn – "King for a Day"
• Seasick Steve – "Summertime Boy"
• “Weird Al” Yankovic – "My Own Eyes"
• The Wild Feathers – "Backwoods Company"

http://worthplaying.com/article/2015/10/5/news/97390/

Xeroblade

20151005_121601_zpsozamn7xm.jpg

Looks like I will be playing tonight!!

Can confirm the pre-order bonus songs are now purchasable in the UK on XB1 too. Got...

Jane - Jefferson Starship
Cowboys From Hell (Live From Moscow Monsters of Rock) - Pantera
The Reflex - Duran Duran
High Road - Mastodon
Gimme Chocolate - Babymetal
Janis Joplin - Move Over
September - Earth, Wind & Fire
My Own Eyes - Weird Al Yankovich

£12 all together but fuck it, it's some good shit.

Gideon_128

Been playing quite a bit of RB3 the past few days and remembered something that really bothers me: the background noise/ambiance on the main menu and song selection screens. Really hope it's adjustable or just not in RB4 because when you're idling on either, it's obnoxious.

This. It drives me nuts as I usually have my surround sound cranked when I'm playing but then I have to scramble for the mute button between songs.

Super last minute decided to buy this for weekend shenanigans, but where would the best place to preorder be? Gamestop's site shows "Not available", Best Buy and Target won't let me preorder for in store pickup and obviously Amazon won't offer release day shipping at this point. Kind of at a loss tbh.

Will I need to have the Rock Band/Rock Band 2 discs to eventually do the song export? I'm selling my 360 instruments so was gonna bundle in the games with it, but just wondering if I'll need to keep hold of them for a bit longer?

Pit

Anybody have an update on the DLC (especially for AU?). I've bought 5 or 6 packs on PSN but the only one i've been able to download is the black keys. I think im missing something. Are they releasing DLC in sections?

Top Bottom