• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 announced for PS4 and Xbox One

evanmisha

Can anyone with an NA PSN account who had purchased DLC now delisted that didn't come up last night confirm whether or not it appears for them in the web store? Notably the Silversun Pickups tracks, Don't Stop Believing, Smooth Criminal, the Tokio Hotel tracks, and the delisted RHCP and Fleetwood Mac songs

Neverfade

I just picked up RB3 to tide me over til Tuesday and I want to import the RB2 songs into it, but rockband.com/bonustracks no longer has a place to enter this damn code. Do I have to go through EA?

The "(RB3 Version)" descriptions are gone. Presumably the pre- and post-RB3 versions of the same songs are the same.

Yeah the Queen 01 pack was one I had never bought because I wasn't sure whether the RB3 upgrades were worth it for the extra cost.

Now that they've been collapsed into one I bought it during my haul.

CloudWolf

Oh, that reminds me, I don't have Fat Bottomed Girls yet, time to pick that u--- WHY THE HELL CAN'T I USE MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT FOR XBOX 360 DLC?

I just picked up RB3 to tide me over til Tuesday and I want to import the RB2 songs into it, but rockband.com/bonustracks no longer has a place to enter this damn code. Do I have to go through EA?

yup, make sure you choose to say you have an issue with Rock Band 3 not Rock Band 2 when setting up the chat.

CloudWolf

You should be able to. I've been buying songs with Paypal for a few months.

For some reason, the website shows no payment options when I want to buy an Xbox 360 song, but shows my PayPal if I try to buy that same song on Xbox One. Could it have something to do with the fact that I'm in Europe?

Can anyone with an NA PSN account who had purchased DLC now delisted that didn't come up last night confirm whether or not it appears for them in the web store? Notably the Silversun Pickups tracks, Don't Stop Believing, Smooth Criminal, the Tokio Hotel tracks, and the delisted RHCP and Fleetwood Mac songs

Nope hasn't shown up yet, I own Panic Switch, Sort Of, Smooth Criminal, Don't Stop Believing, and a few RHCP songs.

Something interesting I noticed is they have the entire Rock Band Blitz tracklist available for purchase. I kept seeing those songs and I know have access to them in Rock Band 3, I'm guessing the PS4 export will download a key to make those songs free.

Don't accidentally buy songs you already own!

How does the green day transfer stuff work? Wouldn't mind more songs and if it's something you have to ask for like Rock Band 2 I might as well.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Bought a bunch of those $2 packs that I didn't have as a I had been eyeing them for a while :)

Heads up, Dr Feelgood Album by Motley Crue is showing up for 2 bucks. The whole album.
US PSN
YES
EDIT: SHIT, I already have Kickstart my Heart so it's not letting me purchase it. WTF.

None of the delisted tracks I own are showing up on the store.

I'm curious what the Guitar Hero Live controller would be like if it ever becomes compatible. I might prefer it actually as I avoid using my pinky as much as I can.

Edit: Just thought about how traditional chords would translate...likely very awkward if it's between rows.

I'm curious what the Guitar Hero Live controller would be like if it ever becomes compatible. I might prefer it actually as I avoid using my pinky as much as I can.

It could technically work if they use Black 1-3 and White 1-2. It would take some serious getting used to though, even playing the actual game took some heavy adjusting.

I wouldn't bank on support being added though.

It's not letting me download my Blitz tracks at this time.

Same. Also the delisted songs like Journey, RHCP and Metallica aren't showing up. And it's still not letting me get The Doors,2112 and Little Wing for free. I dunno why Little Wing won't, but my assumption for The Doors not working is that I got it at RB3's launch when they had it on sale, and 2112 I believe was on sale when it first came out to celebrate the new year.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I spent 3 more hours today scavenging my download list and searching using bing on my xbox one, I think have roughly 90-95% of my dlc redownloaded. I knew someday I would pay for all the dlc i've ever owned, today was that day.

its looking like the giving of export codes by EA is completely done. I have talked with about 15 reps through EA Chat and all have said pretty much the same thing, just recently they transferred full support over to harmonix, and I had 2 reps and 2 supervisors try to generate a code but it failed, due to some BS about the generator running out of codes. This was for Rock Band 2 support, then I started asking about it under Rock Band 3 support and I was getting the denials about them not having the ability to support it any more. Any ideas? I did register my rock band 2 manual code for the free 20 song DLC pack back in 2008, but I long ago lost that code. I've been trying to see if it can be retrieved since it was already registered on the systems with my gamertag, but who knows. I think I'm about to throw in the towel.

its looking like the giving of export codes by EA is completely done. I have talked with about 15 reps through EA Chat and all have said pretty much the same thing, just recently they transferred full support over to harmonix, and I had 2 reps and 2 supervisors try to generate a code but it failed, due to some BS about the generator running out of codes. This was for Rock Band 2 support, then I started asking about it under Rock Band 3 support and I was getting the denials about them not having the ability to support it any more. Any ideas? I did register my rock band 2 manual code for the free 20 song DLC pack back in 2008, but I long ago lost that code. I've been trying to see if it can be retrieved since it was already registered on the systems with my gamertag, but who knows. I think I'm about to throw in the towel.

I got one 2 days ago so if they stopped, it was really recently. What console, XB1 or PS4?

ViciousDS

Banned
Same. Also the delisted songs like Journey, RHCP and Metallica aren't showing up. And it's still not letting me get The Doors,2112 and Little Wing for free. I dunno why Little Wing won't, but my assumption for The Doors not working is that I got it at RB3's launch when they had it on sale, and 2112 I believe was on sale when it first came out to celebrate the new year.

It will probably show up in RB4.....it's the reason why I'm not wasting hours searching for stuff when it's all built in. I'll play the new songs and doing some tours in the background

Rock Band 4 |OT| Where the word legacy means a whole lot!

evanmisha

That's what they all say. I got one the other day myself. They're just reading the script.

CloudWolf

Edit: Just thought about how traditional chords would translate...likely very awkward if it's between rows.

It wouldn't work. I have used the GHL controller and it's pretty much impossible to use that controller for a 5-button game.

AwesomeMeat

PossumMeat
That's what they all say. I got one the other day myself. They're just reading the script.

Yeah it is just a script. They also seem to lie to you quite a bit as well.

I got my code a few hours ago so they are for sure still doing it... you just have to say the magic words to the right person. Yesterday I had no luck. Today I got it in 1 try.

styl3s

Will they be selling drums separately? I won't see many miles out of the drums so if i could save $130 right now that would be cool. Assuming the drums will be on sale shortly after (near thanksgiving)

AwesomeMeat

PossumMeat
I'm on xbox one, coming from 360. I'll still keep trying, I know someone had said you need to have a chat window up from selecting rock band 3 support, not rock band 2.

When I got mine earlier today - I did it through the Rock Band 2 support selection.

I told them that I just got off the phone with Harmonix and they told referred me to the following page: harmonixmusic.parature.com/ics/support/KBAnswer.asp?questionID=241&hitOffset=2&docID=603 which states that EA has to generate a new code for me. I also followed someone else's suggestion earlier in thread by telling them "I know that I have to pay the $10 to do the export - that is no problem. I just need a valid code" that way they dont think they are giving away free DLC or something since they really dont have a clue what it is you are asking for.

I'm on xbox one, coming from 360. I'll still keep trying, I know someone had said you need to have a chat window up from selecting rock band 3 support, not rock band 2.

Oh ok. I got a PS4 code because I was going to originally get it there, but I came to my senses and changed to XB1 since I had the previous Rock Band games on 360. I was going to offer you my unused PlayStation code if that was the console you needed it on.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
1. Turn on your PlayStation®4.
2. Sign in to the PlayStation®Network ID that you originally purchased your legacy Rock Band DLC on.
3. Navigate to the PlayStation®Store.
4. Under Search, type in "Rock Band 4" and select the "Rock Band 4" Game.
5. Navigate to "Add-Ons".
The thing is, I don't see the Addons option at all

EDIT: I have found them but it's too much of a hassle.

I have to go through addons store option

Hawk269

There is someone on my friends list on the Ps4 playing RB4 ATM........wwwwaaaahhhhhhhh

Yeah, I had someone on my list earlier. They said they got it at a Costco. Someone in this thread posted it a couple of days ago that Costco had the BiB sets. I checked my local Costco and they did not have it as of yet. I messaged the guy on my list and he did respond.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I doubt they'll be formally linked to RB4 until all the kinks are ironed out. For now, you can search manually for each song or queue up downloads on the webstore where the DLC can be found attached to RB1.

Can't you just wait until you get the game and hit some magic 'download my shit' button? Surely we don't have to download everything track by track from the PSN store?

Can't you just wait until you get the game and hit some magic 'download my shit' button? Surely we don't have to download everything track by track from the PSN store?

Apparently neither console permits bulk DLC downloads, so there won't be just a 'download all songs connected to account' button. But there may be a way within the DLC store to easily surface what you already own.

Does Costco charge full price for games or are they discounted as well? If there's at least a small one I might try to grab a set tomorrow, need groceries anyway :3

Hawk269

Anyone know when extra guitars will be made available? My Wife is now interested in wanting to play this with me, but since I am starting fresh and don't have old equipment, I need to get a new guitar.

Hawk269

Does Costco charge full price for games or are they discounted as well? If there's at least a small one I might try to grab a set tomorrow, need groceries anyway :3

Usually $59.99 games are around $53.99 or so. So yes, usually games are a bit cheaper at Costco. I would call before going to make sure they have it. I checked my local Costco 2 days ago and they did not have it.

Oh ok. I got a PS4 code because I was going to originally get it there, but I came to my senses and changed to XB1 since I had the previous Rock Band games on 360. I was going to offer you my unused PlayStation code if that was the console you needed it on.
If he doesn't need it I will take it <3

Kolma

So as it turns out.
I had contacted EA forever ago to get codes just in case I went mad and decided to switch to PS4 (this was early this year)

ANYWAYS, I redeemed a bunch of them but never redeemed a code for the Country Track Pack. (first one)
Any PS3/4 rockers want it?

mackattk

So as it turns out.
I had contacted EA forever ago to get codes just in case I went mad and decided to switch to PS4 (this was early this year)

ANYWAYS, I redeemed a bunch of them but never redeemed a code for the Country Track Pack. (first one)
Any PS3/4 rockers want it?

Sure if you dont want it.

Usually $59.99 games are around $53.99 or so. So yes, usually games are a bit cheaper at Costco. I would call before going to make sure they have it. I checked my local Costco 2 days ago and they did not have it.
True. But the big reason to buy at Costco is the implied full warranty if the instruments ever break. Bring it back and get a full refund.

Weird, Costco doesn't even have it listed online yet.
Yeah I've been looking there too and nothing doing.
Costco.com and the warehouse don't always have the same offerings, so might be warehouse exclusive.

Top Bottom