• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band Blitz |OT| Rocking Out in the Instrument-Free World

I think we're still contradicting each other. I'm suspecting that if you 4-star a song, start the goal, and 4-star it again, the goal will count 4. That won't go up until you do better or play another song.

Nord! Clarification needed.

Not in my experience. I did a RHCP song for (I think) the 90's goal and got 4 stars. I then started the medium RHCP goal and thought it would count the 4 I already had but it didn't so I tried again and got 4 stars which still didn't count.

I still don't know if I tried again and got 5 stars if it would count as 5 or 1 (seeing how I already had 4) as I just did different RHCP songs instead.

Yup, we definitely need some clarification here.

Goofed earlier.

I almost have 100,000 Rock Coins! I have no idea what I'm supposed to do with them all.

4HRBH.jpg

Mister Game

Project Director, Harmonix
Not in my experience. I did a RHCP song for (I think) the 90's goal and got 4 stars. I then started the medium RHCP goal and thought it would count the 4 I already had but it didn't so I tried again and got 4 stars which still didn't count.

I still don't know if I tried again and got 5 stars if it would count as 5 or 1 (seeing how I already had 4) as I just did different RHCP songs instead.

Yup, we definitely need some clarification here.

I tested this earlier today. I played "Tick Tick Boom" by the Hives to get the Easy Punk goal. I had already Gold starred it in Blitz, but when I intentionally 4-starred it I got 4 stars worth of progress on the goal.

I tested this earlier today. I played "Tick Tick Boom" by the Hives to get the Easy Punk goal. I had already Gold starred it in Blitz, but when I intentionally 4-starred it I got 4 stars worth of progress on the goal.

Thanks for clarifying. I must have experienced a glitch or something. Maybe it was just a case of RBW taking ages to update with my progress. I have a lot of that happening (sometimes taking upwards of 30mins or more to register my stars).

jgkspsx

cd5iO.png

I think I'm just going to stop playing now. (Yes, my best performance was a Bang on a Can All Stars RBN track. I'm not ashamed.)

Edit: Tracks for grunge scavenger hunt:
L7 - Andres
Alice in Chains - Rooster
Bush - Machinehead
Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
Pearl Jam - Jeremy
Soundgarden - Rusty Cage

I only have two. Jerks.

Yup, can't do Grundgest hits, but completed the rest. Will climb the RB2 mounting this weekend.

Interesting note: with the facebook app, you can see how this game is doing: RBB songs have an average 16-25K leaderboard scores (On 360, don't think leaderboard is combined for the two platforms), whereas the 3 demo songs (Death on Two Legs, One Week, These Days) are at 99, 115, 122K, respectively.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I used to be one of those morons that would buy every song they could. That was four years ago.
I'm thinking of going back into Rock Band (starting with 3 and importing everything I can like RB2, Lego, AC/DC and Green Day) but limiting myself on the DLC. Like one new pack or album a month, no RBN stuff and if I have anything left over from a different download I'll buy a non-pack related single or two. I'm redownloading what I have (minus covers, meaning some packs will be sacrificed).

I'll also look at getting Blitz because it does look fun, even though most of the 25 songs suck (I'll take it if it means Iron Maiden, Queen, and Living Colour)

FyreWulff

Does the OD the OD notes give out scale to the song length? Not if it was just me, but I did a 2112 run and it seemed like OD notes gave out very little compared to other songs.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Does the OD the OD notes give out scale to the song length? Not if it was just me, but I did a 2112 run and it seemed like OD notes gave out very little compared to other songs.

Haven't heard anything like that, though I know each individual note scales in terms of the size of that phrase. You have to hit every note of a phrase on an instrument to get the 1/4 bar, so if there's one note that's worth 1/4 a bar but if there's 25 they're each 1/100. Maybe you're just hitting really long phrases?

FyreWulff

Haven't heard anything like that, though I know each individual note scales in terms of the size of that phrase. You have to hit every note of a phrase on an instrument to get the 1/4 bar, so if there's one note that's worth 1/4 a bar but if there's 25 they're each 1/100. Maybe you're just hitting really long phrases?

I'll have to look again. After I challenge someone to a 2112 score war
and get stabbed

jgkspsx

Got out Amplitude again. Yeah, it's still pretty good, but couldn't be more different. The Freestyle powerup is still bewildering. So much of the music is not my thing. Also, R2 is sticky on my Logitech wireless controller, which is also messing me up bad.

I would probably prefer three notes - and fewer notes - but the problem is that the throw of the triggers messes me up on 360. On PS2, you had four almost identical bumpers. I don't think mapping three shoulder buttons to notes would work as well.

Beyond that, maybe they couldn't come up with a good algorithm that would reliably map the existing charts to three notes and produce playable and likeable simplified charts?

I dunno. Directly comparing them doesn't make me feel worse about Blitz.

HOWEVER...

I am really stuck in a rut with powerups. Just Road Rage + Blast Notes + Super X. I noticed that this combo almost never yields golds on note-heavy songs. I also tried Bandmate + Flame Notes at the game's suggestion, but wasn't impressed.

Is there any other combination of powerups that is A) fun and B) produces competitive scores? Also, is Synchrony good for anything except seeing the section dividers?

FyreWulff

They need to add a "Add to Shopping Cart" in-game in the store, in RB3's store, and the Rock Band Store app (so many stores!). That feature would be nice for marking DLC that I'm interested in but don't have the money yet. There's been a few times where a song came out that I wanted, and then by the time I had the spare money to get it, I forgot what it was / remembered like five months later that the song had actually come out.

Either that or add a "view by release week" option to the RBW store so I can just start from RB1 launch and just go week-by-week and mark the songs I want.

Was surprised you can't add to cart from the in-game store.

FyreWulff

RB1 Throwback goal now. 5 stars on every RB1 export.

Bring it on

edit: it's only counting 42 of them. I imagine it's the Harmonix / bonus songs not being considered, much like the RB2 one.

loborzelda

Neo Member
It seems the Country Track Pack export version of Merle Haggard's "Mama Tried" doesn't work in the Country Classics Jamboree Goal. I guess you have to have the RB3 version from the music store. :(

FyreWulff

It seems the Country Track Pack export version of Merle Haggard's "Mama Tried" doesn't work in the Country Classics Jamboree Goal. I guess you have to have the RB3 version from the music store. :(

Yup. I'm a bit disappointed at that, even though I own both versions and completed the goal.

The specific choice of that song also makes it disappointing since Mama Tried (RB3 Version) is literally the same chart and everything as the CTP2 version, it just only works in RB3.

AlStrong

Quick question: I'm trying to do the RB1/2 throwbacks, but sometimes the progress isn't tracked for some of the songs. Do I have to set a new points record for it to count?

FyreWulff

Quick question: I'm trying to do the RB1/2 throwbacks, but sometimes the progress isn't tracked for some of the songs. Do I have to set a new points record for it to count?

The bonus songs don't count. Also the RB1 requires you to five star the song, just in case you aren't doing that. RB2 one requires a 4 star.

Can anyone tell me if the Who gets classified as Classic Rock in the genre catergories?

I need 4 more Classic Rock songs to get the 50 songs in one genre achievo. That one pisses me off. How are the Allman Brothers or David Bowie not classic rock?

Hop

Can anyone tell me if the Who gets classified as Classic Rock in the genre catergories?

I need 4 more Classic Rock songs to get the 50 songs in one genre achievo. That one pisses me off. How are the Allman Brothers or David Bowie not classic rock?

Because they're Southern Rock and Glam respectively. :p

But yes, all of The Who is Classic Rock. This will give you everything ever that's classified as Classic Rock.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
That was Plaguefox, if I remember correctly.

Whoops, thanks.

Definitely not me

Thanks anyway!

Oh hey, that was me.

I can give you the source files (Excel for the data, Access to generate the report) or the most recent PDF I made, but I'll let you know it's wildly out of date! JLMK.

I'd consider updating it to make a more recent PDF but it's a mountain of work and I'm kind of swamped at the moment. :)

That would be awesome. I might be able to come up with a way to automatically update it. If not, I'll at least take a stab at manually updating it myself.

FyreWulff

For those of you picking up next week's DLC and like to see a lot of points happen fast:

Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) + Flame Note + Bandmate playing the Guitar track

FyreWulff

re: the Country Jamboree Goal. Is anyone from Harmonix aware of this error?

http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=680106#680106

Actually, when you buy Mama Tried (and I'm guessing Sideways, too) as a single, you get the normal version, so not the RB3 Version (even though the marketplace and in-game store say so). This is actually a big problem, because of that Country Jamboree goal in RB: Blitz not working with the normal version.

It explains this post I saw in RB.com a while back where people thought Harmonix added a secret compatibility patch.

summary:

Export CTP2 -> Get Mama Tried and Sideways RB1/2 versions
Buy CTP2 Mega Pack or specific Country pack -> Get Mama Tried and Sideways (RB3 Versions). This is the only version the Country Jamboree goal works with.
Buy Mama Tried or Sideways as singles in the store -> Get MT or Sideways RB1/2 Versions even though the store and Xbox Live Marketplace say (RB3 Version) when you're buying it

AlStrong

hm... played some songs in RB3 and they didn't seem to count towards goals. :s Tried unlinking and relinking (waited 30 min). The song score showed up in the RB3 section, but.. nothing for the goal? Is there something I have to do in RB3? I'm just going through quickplay.

Hop

hm... played some songs in RB3 and they didn't seem to count towards goals. :s Tried unlinking and relinking (waited 30 min). The song score showed up in the RB3 section, but.. nothing for the goal? Is there something I have to do in RB3? I'm just going through quickplay.

They stopped counting as separate entities about a week or two ago. They're definitely sending mixed signals as to what was the intended behavior, though.

AlStrong

They stopped counting as separate entities about a week or two ago. They're definitely sending mixed signals as to what was the intended behavior, though.

Oh. :/

I need an updated faq - feel like I'm the last one to find things out!

edit:

They changed the Oasis goal to 16 stars.

Oh... got the 160point code from the one goal. Guess it works for Canadians afterall. :)

Top Bottom