• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League: Autumn Update Patch Notes and Info

Sevenfold

I still dream with an update that let normal people jump, fly and do aerial moves without practicing rocket science for 3 months. This was a 10/10 game for me until I realized how hard is to do aerials and how expert players abuse this and destroy the fun for everybody else :(

I guarantee your ground game needs work :)

Not quite, there are 4 or 5 types and all cars fit into one of these, so for example the flat long cars(batmobile, Mantis, Twin Mill etc.) all have the same hitbox and handling, same with the Octane "class"(Octane, Marauder etc.) and so on.

what are the other cars of the octane type?

What's the thoughts on the new map? Perhaps it's just me but I find it has the worst AA issues of any so far. Would be fine if forcing MSAA didn't induce a visual bug but I'm guessing that issue still persists too.

Not tried it in a while however so maybe I should give forcing it another shot.

Zia

Anyone else not receive their Comp banner? I literally just re-placed like a week ago because I'd lost my ranking and I didn't receive a banner.

GermanZepp

I still dream with an update that let normal people jump, fly and do aerial moves without practicing rocket science for 3 months. This was a 10/10 game for me until I realized how hard is to do aerials and how expert players abuse this and destroy the fun for everybody else :(

git gud boiiii

Joke aside. Very nice update. Looking forward to star the new season.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
No. But the gap is too big when someone learns aerials ... and this requires tons of practice. RL has everything to be a game where everybody is at the same level field and just reflexes, thinking, strategy and intuition prevailing in a match. That would be a perfect game for me. Of course I know a lot of people love it ... and i like it a lot as well ... but I’m my mind this game has a loooot more potential.

Like others are saying, it's not as big a barrier as you make it out to be.

Even when I play competitive with my buddy, we are trying to maintain silver/gold rank and don't see much in the way of aerials.

I've seen people attempting aerials, but only 1 every 10 matches or so there's someone who is absolutely insane at them. But that's nice - just gives us all something to aspire to!

If all else fails, simply play ranked or other game modes and just try to enjoy it while practicing. Don't worry about the losses, just be bolder in your approach and you'll gradually gain confidence.

There are other far worse aspects of this game than "skill gap". Such as the way people pop off in chat and spam you with friend requests for trading when you've already said no thanks, etc.

Unicorn

So, I keep getting CTD when I go to garage and tab to the boost trail. I think it's crashing due to when my trail loads. In-game the full effect isn't loading when I get to Supersonic speed.

Happens every time I go to garage and get the tab to the boost trail.

Also, the nerfed my Mantis. Handbrake turning is so slooooow.

So, I keep getting CTD when I go to garage and tab to the boost trail. I think it's crashing due to when my trail loads. In-game the full effect isn't loading when I get to Supersonic speed.

Happens every time I go to garage and get the tab to the boost trail.

Also, the nerfed my Mantis. Handbrake turning is so slooooow.

What platform? If Steam, have you tried verifying game files?

Mantis is the same as pre-patch.

Unicorn

What platform? If Steam, have you tried verifying game files?

Mantis is the same as pre-patch.

Validated without issue. Booted up and tabbed through and went past, but when tabbing back CTD on antenna tab.

I swear Mantis feels different when I have to 180 and head back, but maybe it's just placebo since I've just been playing bad lately.

Halloween drops yet? or mid-October?

and just got a CTD mid-match.

JustJavi

Hey tuys, just got Rocket League and all the DLC this morning with a 40% discount on Steam. What is the best way to play it? Keyboard, controller? I'm at work at the moment, so havent had time to boot it yet.

WoolyNinja

I basically suck at flying but completely disagree with you... the more I lose to people flying around the more it makes me want to improve. I don't want an everyone is awesome, nobody sucks option. What fun is that?

Gin-Shiio

RDJ_Woah.gif

That Hellfire goal animation

Wow, servers are fucked tonight.

I was in a match, got timed out and brought back to the main menu. Wouldn't let me rejoin and banned me for 15 min.

gj psyonix.

Bollocks

They robbed me, wanted to grind it out last night and 30m before server shutdown it wouldn't register my wins any more :/

Saty

When are they going to patch-in a Competitive Dropshot playlist and a ranking\de-ranking system that actually makes a lick of sense?

Nothus

Man that new crate is kind of disappointing. Obviously the new car looks nice but aside from that and the clockwork rims I'm not really feeling it.
Also, my shitty rng luck on this game means that I'll just forever be getting those crappy rare decals.

Man that new crate is kind of disappointing. Obviously the new car looks nice but aside from that and the clockwork rims I'm not really feeling it.
Also, my shitty rng luck on this game means that I'll just forever be getting those crappy rare decals.

Sell the crates buy the wheels later.

I've already made 7 keys selling the three I got today. That should be enough to buy any color of those wheels in a few weeks time.

Top Bottom