• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockman/Mega Man 25th Anniversary Thread

logo4i4rr.png

Mega Man Game History Chart

Note: I'm not the author of this image, it was created by megastrike, the only thing I did is add some games from 2009 to 2012.

rollz0smx.png

xoverm5shu.jpg

Rockman Xover

• Platform: iPhone3GS/4/4S, iPod touch 3rd Generation.
  • Genre: Social RPG.
  • Release date: 2012. Worldwide release confirmed.
  • Plot Overview: It’s a world where all the worlds of Rockman have crossed over. The gulf of space-time has been closed thanks to the efforts of Dr. Wily, Sigma and other villains to Rockman and co.! Dr Light and Dr. Cossack work together in creating a new robot to oppose this crisis. A production model, this robot uses “battle memory” that has been scattered over the world, and possesses infinite potential to transform and increase his power. The player battles evil as this new type robot. Create your own Rockman, and battle with others to protect peace! [From TMMN].

Official website

Image Gallery

Artwork

UK0iF.png

can1bcsce.jpg

Rock-can Sound E Can (Rockman 25th Anniversary)

• Sep 19, 2012.
  • 14700 JPY ($185).
  • 10 CDs.
  • Remastered music using the original sound sources.
  • Music from Rockman to Rockman 10 (One disc for each game)
  • Rockman 1-6 discs will have the NES and Playstation music.
  • Rockman 7 disc will have an unreleased track.
  • Rockman 8 music source is the Playstation version (+ exclusive tracks from the Saturn version).
  • Arrange tracks from Rockman Special CD Vol.1 & Vol.2 will be included in the first 6 discs.

Package images

Audio samples and tracklist.

e-CAPCOM.

technoa5sv9.jpg

25th Anniversary Rockman Techno Arrange Ver.

• October 10, 2012.
  • 3150 JPY ($40).
  • 1 CD.
  • Arranged music (techno style) from Rockman to Rockman 10.
  • Arranged by:Masaharu Iwata, Mitsuhiro Kaneda, Yoshimi Kudo, Hitoshi Sakimoto, Denji Sano, Yuto Takei, Azusa Chiba, Takeshi Hama, Far East Recording, Shinji Hosoe.

rocktyssq.jpg

25th Anniversary Rockman Rock Arrange Ver.

• October 10, 2012.
  • 3150 JPY ($40).
  • 1 CD.
  • Arranged music (rock style) from Rockman to Rockman 10.
  • Arranged by: Kenji Ito, Mitsuhiro Ohta, Mitsuhiro Kaneda, Yoshimi Kudo, Tetsuro Sato, Hitoshi Sakimoto, Hiroshi Tanabe, Azusa Chiba, Yoshitaka Hirota, LivestRow.

Punk Drunkers x ROCKMAN Cloth Line

More details including price, sizes and more images here:

D-Arts Rockman

In celebration of the 25th anniversary of the original Japan game release, Tamashii Nations is proud to announce the long awaited and highly requested release of classic Megaman into the ranks of the advanced D-Arts high-articulation action figure series. Fan feedback was critical in the design of this set, which features Met and Rush figures! Superior articulation allows for recreating a variety of action poses. Also included in set is an extensive array of accessory parts such as shot effect parts, as well as two interchangeable face parts, additional right arm Mega Buster parts and Mega Buster barrel opening part, interchangeable right arm, and interchangeable left/right hand parts.

• Release date: December (January in North America).
  • Price: 3,675 yens.
  • Details: PVC, Size: 105mm.

aoNNq.png

J54jb.jpg

20th Anniversary Rockman 1~6 Rock Arrange Ver.

• 01 Boss mix medley
  • 02 Cutman mix
  • 03 Metalman mix
  • 04 Dr.Wily 1 (Rockman2) mix
  • 05 Shadowman mix
  • 06 Get a Weapon (Rockman3) mix
  • 07 Dr.Cossack 2 mix
  • 08 Dr.Wily (Rockman5) mix
  • 09 Yamatoman mix
  • 10 Tomahawkman mix
  • 11 Title mix medley

Youtube Playlist.

guiMY.jpg

20th Anniversary Rockman 1~6 Techno Arrange Ver.

• 01 Stage Sellect mix medley
  • 02 Elecman mix
  • 03 Dr.Wily 1 (Rockman2) mix
  • 04 Quickman mix
  • 05 Airman mix
  • 06 Heatman mix
  • 07 Snakeman mix
  • 08 Magnetman mix
  • 09 Dr.Wily 2 (Rockman4) mix
  • 10 Starman mix
  • 11 Flameman mix

Youtube Playlist.

13nKt.png

1. Mega Man Official Site.
  2. Rockman Series Official Site.
  3. Rockman Series History.
  4. G4 Icons (Mega Man Episode). Watch it!.

5iflP.png

I will add more things slowly, if someone want to add something or give me a hand, PM me.

I remember when people used to make fun of the fact we got a Mega Man game every single year :(

Not me. I can never have too much of a good thing. I loved that series so much, I had reserves months in advance on Mega Man X1-4, Mega Man 7(twice in fact, it was briefly cancelled at one point), Mega Man: The Wily Wars(this one didn't come back from the grave, sadly),Mega Man 8, Mega Man V(GB), Mega Man Battle and Chase(doh), and Mega Man Anniversary Collection(both for GC and...GBA...doh again).

I just realized what a long history Mega Man has with his games being cancelled.

Not me. I can never have too much of a good thing. I loved that series so much, I had reserves months in advance on Mega Man X1-4, Mega Man 7(twice in fact, it was briefly cancelled at one point), Mega Man: The Wily Wars(this one didn't come back from the grave, sadly),Mega Man 8, Mega Man V(GB), Mega Man Battle and Chase(doh), and Mega Man Anniversary Collection(both for GC and...GBA...doh again).

I just realized what a long history Mega Man has with his games being cancelled.
I'm rarley a snob about things but MM shooting was way too slow to be useful in that game. Same as the PS2 collection had crazy lag to where you would miss jumps. It was insane.

I'm rarley a snob about things but MM shooting was way too slow to be useful in that game. Same as the PS2 collection had crazy lag to where you would miss jumps. It was insane.

Yeah, it isn't as good as the NES version. But in 1995, it was the only way I could enjoy my Mega Man 1-3 portable using the Nomad, so I got a lot of mileage out of it.

It's only music?

So far the only thing announced it's music, if they are going to release a game, probably will not be announced till the end of the year, I will be shocked if they announced something in TGS to be release in December when the anniversary actually happen. But the only thing I personally expect is music, toys, books and all that crap, I have zero faith in this Capcom post Inafune.

Chemo

If they don't do some kind of game release for this, it'll be pretty embarrassing.

Capcom, you're awful.

So far the only thing announced it's music, if they are going to release a game, probably will not be announced till the end of the year, I will be shocked if they announced something in TGS to be release in December when the anniversary actually happen. But the only thing I personally expect is music, toys, books and all that crap, I have zero faith in this Capcom post Inafune.

This is why I'm a little surprised to see this OT being made so early. But other anniversary OTs were made in advance of the actual event, so I suppose it's not that unusual. If nothing else, maybe this thread can shave off 0.00001% percent of the venting posts that come up whenever the Mega Man series is brought up.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Thank you for this beautiful topic.

Still in disbelief that the Legends 3 prototype is finished and they're not even selling it for profit. Oh Capcpom. :(

Will Playasia.com get that Rock-can?

The thing it's exclusive for capcom's online store, be ready to pay a lot if play-asia get his hands on it.

This is why I'm a little surprised to see this OT being made so early. But other anniversary OTs were made in advance of the actual event, so I suppose it's not that unusual. If nothing else, maybe this thread can shave off 0.00001% percent of the venting posts that come up whenever the Mega Man series is brought up.

I know it's early but my hope was to use this thread as the "all things" Mega Man thread.

TreIII

Supposedly, we won't likely hear anything of substance until December (which is the month the first Rockman game released in Japan).

I'd like to think the X4 throw-backs Project Cross Zone for 3DS gives off is a hint of what may be to come, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see what those "Top Men" have to offer.

Mzo

The GB had Mega Man World and Mega Man Xtreme, the GBA had Zero and Battle Network, the DS had Star Force and ZX, the PSP had Powered Up (which is amazing) and an X remake... where are my 3DS and Vita Mega Man games?

Capcom, you are fucking up.

Teknoman

Wait, so it would be better just to own the actual cartridges/discs instead of the PS2 collection? What about X collection for the PS2?

Soul Beat

Came here in hopes for a new game or a collection game for current/future consoles.

Got expensive CDs that I will probably never own.

Feels bad man.

However, I am still forever hopeful.

Well...i've already got my Megaman 2 NES cartridge from long time ago...so its a start lol.

At 5-9 dollars, it's just much cheaper to get the VC versions. So many of the Mega Man carts go for a crap load of money now. But if you can afford paying 30+ bucks a piece for perfection, go for it.

Teknoman

At 5-9 dollars, it's just much cheaper to get the VC versions. So many of the Mega Man carts go for a crap load of money now. But if you can afford paying 30+ bucks a piece for perfection, go for it.

Yeah just checked the prices and now i'm definitely rethinking that. Crazy the games go for that much now.

Wait, so it would be better just to own the actual cartridges/discs instead of the PS2 collection? What about X collection for the PS2?
Well there are other ways to get a more faithful version of the Megaman games. Which is surprising that they actually get it right and the actual company that made the game ships it with horrible lag. I hate to be that guy but with a game like Megaman that has heavy platforming, it has to be done right. The best way to see what I'm saying is to compare the PS2 collection with MM9 and MM10 (or their demos) and you will see a huge difference.

I haven't played the Megaman X PS2 Collection.

leroidys

Those CDs might as well be a thousand dollars.

Can't we have a mega man GAME to celebrate the anniversary capcom, you know, like the old days :(

Has anything related to a US release been announced? I really want that E can.

And sorry, but X's best tracks are for Flame Mammoth, Spark Mandrill, and Sigma's first stage =P

Top Bottom