• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Rollercoaster Tycoon 4" headed to PC for "holiday 2014" (don't get excited)

Mrbob

Unless these enhanced social features are full steam works support this game is already doa. Don't pawn that Facebook garbage on PC.

Berordn

About as well as co-operative SimCity.

39a5aa5275b3d20dcb6ca0dd02af9516.jpg

iceatcs

PC seriously? keep away my RCT3 mods.

RCT3 still the one you should get.

RCT2 is for craze. That's sole reason RCT4 fucked up.

...co-operative RCT?

How would that even work?

5 parks in the region

I control park 1 and 2

we're told we dont have enough concessions?

park 2 is just for cotton candy machines and trash

park 1 is for hot dogs

you control park 3 and you get to actually play a video game but it probably still wont be very good

also see: sim city

I expect another SimCity disaster, which is quite surprising because you would think they would try to avoid such a catastrophe.

Tcbys

Banned
Its probably going to be Always Online bullshit like Simcity 2013. It will probably be dumbed down for the casuals.

I still enjoy playing RCT 2 and 3.

Phinor

It's pretty sad how these new entries from new teams to existing franchises so often manage to be so bad compared to previous games. It's almost like game developers were more talented 10-15 years ago. Also those games had tons more content and features and thanks to the backwards compatibility of PC games, they are still playable today for a fraction of the price.

Obviously not saying the above is true with RCT4 because I haven't seen that game yet but I would be surprised if the same thing didn't happen to RCT4. The mobile version certainly went backwards from previous entries of the franchise.

dwells

I had no idea that this was even a thing until just now. Now I'm sad. It's as if the current gaming industry actively sets out to crap on my childhood memories.

I wonder how the guy who designed the original games feels about this. He was a pretty hardcore/dedicated game developer - I mean he wrote the things by hand in assembly, for god's sake. I can't see him being pleased with this awful, web 2.0 cutesied up garbage jam packed full of microtransactions and social spam.

Sigh.

Daffy Duck

This just seems like those times you build a theme park and have no handymen about to fix things when they go wrong.

Why even bother using this franchise if they're going to turn it into a social game? It's like releasing MARIO PUZZOS GODFATHER 2: The Choose Your Own Adventure Vampire Spy Thriller.

Bricky

PC seriously? keep away my RCT3 mods.

RCT3 still the one you should get.

RCT2 is for craze. That's sole reason RCT4 fucked up.

Your post makes no sense, but let me try to decipher it; not only are you saying RCT2 is worse than RCT3 (okay, opinions), not only are you saying RCT2 is the reason RCT4 turned out to be a microtransaction filled piece of mobile crap (wait, wut), but you are actually indirectly stating RCT2 was a BAD game?

No.

(Also, how in the world is a PC release of this going to ruin your RCT3 mods, lol)

iceatcs

Your post makes no sense, but let me try to decipher it; not only are you saying RCT2 is worse than RCT3 (okay, opinions), not only are you saying RCT2 is the reason RCT4 turned out to be a microtransaction filled piece of mobile crap (wait, wut), but you are actually indirectly stating RCT2 was a BAD game?

No.

Yep. very sole reason. RCT1&2 sold more and they want go back to this style because it's so popular and made for microtransaction city builder gaming.

I'm just pro pro 3D rendered.

Just freaking give me RT3 with fresher graphics and more rides.....SIMPLE....I HATE it when these developers try to outthink themselves with all these so called innovative always connected idiotic multiplayer features.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it" has never meant more than it does right now in this era of gaming.

zashga

Hey, at least RCT1 is on GOG.com. It is kinda sad how much worse the latest incarnation is, 15 years later.

AlexMogil

It's pretty sad how these new entries from new teams to existing franchises so often manage to be so bad compared to previous games. It's almost like game developers were more talented 10-15 years ago.

The tools have gotten stronger so I don't know if it a measure of talent. I think the real issue is the people lodged between the game designers/creators and the end user.

This just seems like those times you build a theme park and have no handymen about to fix things when they go wrong.

You're in luck! Use a ticket to repair this ride immediately!

Top Bottom