• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Roy Moore and Doug Jones tied in new Alabama Senate poll

What does it say about our country that people like Roy Moore, Jeff Sessions and Ted Cruz are so easily able to win seats as Senators? SMH.

Alabama dems, this is closest you have ever been and probably the cloest youll get, sieze this, take advanrage of it, get out there. This is your time.

You cannot let a pscho racist pos get a Senate seat.

zelas

He doesn't support Medicare for All and says he's a second amendment guy who isn't interested in banning guns. I'm shocked that moderating one's policies for the electorate has produced such results in a republican stronghold. Shocked!

It's a tease like some of the special elections in red districts earlier this year. Don't get your hopes up. It's Alabama. Still, a close loss might be a good sign for 2018.

kirblar

He doesn't support Medicare for All and says he's a second amendment guy who isn't interested in banning guns. I'm shocked that moderating one's policies for the electorate has produced such results in a republican stronghold. Shocked!
Unfortunately it's Alabama and his biggest professional achievement (prosecuting the bombers) could be a net negative because of the nature of the state. :(

CazTGG

Drumpf's net approval among the registered voters polled is only +1 in this one. I checked two polls of Alabaman registered voters in the last few days of September, which are the last two polls I know of before this one, and back then they gave him a net approval of +10 and +13.

9/27 - 9/28: Opinion Savvy: Moore 50, Jones 44
9/30 - 10/1: JMC Analytics: Moore 48, Jones 40

It's an outlier, to be sure, but the fact that the seat is even what could be described as competitive in Alabama is enough of a reason to vote and donate if one can to Doug Jones' campaign since one of the common issues the polls are raising is that Jones has a bit of an issue with name recognition. Moore is a vile piece of trash but he's a vile piece of trash that people know about (and underperformed in a previous vote for a judicial position in the same state compared to what he was polling at).

PKrockin

It's an outlier, to be sure, but the fact that the seat is even what could be described as competitive in Alabama is enough of a reason to vote and donate if one can to Doug Jones' campaign since one of the common issues the polls are raising is that Jones has a bit of an issue with name recognition. Moore is a vile piece of trash but he's a vile piece of trash that people know about (and underperformed in a previous vote for a judicial position in the same state compared to what he was polling at).
It's just one poll, but I'm wondering if Donald has done something to piss off Alabamans specifically in the two weeks since then. His approval rating nationally has gone down a few points in that time as well. Or, since he held a rally there in late September, I wonder if that was a temporary bump.

CazTGG

It's just one poll, but I'm wondering if Donald has done something to piss off Alabamans specifically in the two weeks since then. His approval rating nationally has gone down a few points in that time as well. Or, since he held a rally there in late September, I wonder if that was a temporary bump.

Probably more to do with the fact that approval ratings generally become lower the longer someone has been in office than anything else. His approval rating in Alabama is still above the overall net negative he has as of now.

Jombie

It would be a devastating blow to the right, specifically the horrible, evil, dogmatic right. That said, Alabama doesn't deserve Jones.

Come on Mr. Jackpots!

6mstt19eagzy.gif

Jombie

If there's a guy worse than Trump, it's Moore

What's worse is that he fancies himself as anti-establishment, when he's been a career crooked judge who's been tossed to the dogs multiple times for laying waste to the Constitution.

Kimawolf

It would be a devastating blow to the right, specifically the horrible, evil, dogmatic right. That said, Alabama doesn't deserve Jones.
Doug Jones would absolutely win in MO. Kander SHOULD had won but was brought down by the presidential ticket. I wish he would run for governor.

scurker

According to Roy Moore, it's, "against the law" to not stand for allegiance while the national anthem is played.

In an interview with Time magazine posted Wednesday, Moore now says players are breaking the law by kneeling.

"It's against the law, you know that?" Moore said in the Time interview. "It was an act of Congress that every man stand and put their hand over their heart. That's the law."

Source: http://www.al.com/news/huntsville/index.ssf/2017/10/roy_moore_doubles_down_on_nfl.html

This guy is a
former
judge folks.

Top Bottom