• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RPCS3 - Demon's Souls now completely playable.

PFD

Nice. If they ever make enough progress for a 4790k at 4.5 GHz to be playable I'll be in.

4790K is practically identical to 6700K in terms of performance

Also, glad I held onto my Demon's Souls disc even though I no longer have a PS3

So glad this is making progress.

My PS3 died of bad solder and i still have the discs !

Cant wait to try some Folklore and MGS4

I was really excited that my computer could run the intro and the Nexus at ~30fps, but it tanked hard in 1-1. Planning to upgrade later so I may just defer my replaying the game until then.

Incredible work by the emulator devs.

Crawl

Demon souls still my favorite souls game havent played DS3 yet though. Maybe because it was my first souls game?

RPCS3 Discord said:
but of course RPCS3 can only get faster and faster from here

That's not really true is it? Very often making things more compatible also means slowing things down because you're emulating more functions.

Though I guess they probably won't hit that point for a few years, as it's normally when the majority of games play pretty well.

tuxfool

Banned
That's not really true is it? Very often making things more compatible also means slowing things down because you're emulating more functions.

Though I guess they probably won't hit that point for a few years, as it's normally when the majority of games play pretty well.

Look at Dolphin. It got faster and faster all the while increasing in compatibility. To note, that doesn't mean no regressions but it will trend towards bettering both. Most emulators both increase in compatibility and speed.

nem8

Neo Member
Cool, it works for me. Played through the tutorial.

It does run kinda bad for me tho, even with a 4th gen i7 (4gHz OC, 32gb DDR3) but might be some tweaks i can do.

Pretty awesome nonetheless, never thought i would play DeS on a PC :D

Top Bottom