• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RPCS3 - Play PS3 Games Online on PC via RPCN!

GalCiv, one of RPCS3's lead developers has been hard at work improving RPCN, allowing for many more PS3 games to be played online. Not only are more games supported, but we now support adding friends to your RPCN account and inviting them to matches similar to how it worked on PSN on a real PS3! Some games even have working leaderboards.
Check out the RPCN Compatibility List: https://wiki.rpcs3.net/index.php?title=RPCN_Compatibility_List for a list of all our compatible games that can be played online. Click the title of the game you wish to play to see if any further settings are required.

It is important to note RPCN is still in development and many games cannot be played online. And some games require a custom server to be created by the community (not RPCS3 Devs), in order for online play to be possible. If you'd like to host your own instance of RPCN, the server code is available from here: https://github.com/RipleyTom/rpcn

The Fartist

Gold Member
Friends, let's all get on that Killzone 2 MP. It was godly.
BSvmFLA.gif

Klosshufvud

I'm trying to set up KZ2 on my handheld. Sadly it seems the game uses SixAxis motions which means you can't finish the game. Bummer. I'll look and see if there's a workaround.

Klosshufvud

Tonight there is an event for Killzone 2 MP over at PSRewired. I will attempt to join this and report back how it was.

Klosshufvud

Played some matches on Killzone 2 MP. I am quite amazed by this. It's pretty much the same experience as on PSN. They've done a very elaborate network and I am thoroughly impressed. I was playing on handheld so it definitely felt like some crazy life hack emulating PS3 online on a handheld lol. The server was full the entire time I was playing but you will need to check discord to see when people join up. You can also naturally create your own server if you want to play with friends. It's just like PSN. Captured some screenshots in all that 720p 25-30 fps PS3 goodness.

S4EchsO.png

UR5vzXF.png

It's of course not optimal to play the way I did if you care about kills. It's probably more pleasant on a beefy PC or on native hardware. I will definitely keep playing though. This game had so many underappreciated design quirks to it that were never replicated elsewhere. The actual online aspect works flawlessly no question about it. Felt just like it did on PS3.

Top Bottom