• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RTTP: Bayonetta - Two good arguments for the Wii U

It bothers me that I couldn't get into this game and I played it a few times. Thought I would love it especially after playing the opening but I just didn't find learning a bunch of punch and kicks combos to be interesting. The dodge felt good but I could never really get much of a hang on the offset. The game is nowhere near as enjoyable as Metal Gear Rising or Wonderful 101. Thankfully, I didn't pay much for it.

Nickie

Neo Member
I'm still trying to finish Witch Trials 4... :(
I've seen some god-like videos on YouTube with super stylish combos and pure platinum results and think, man I wanna be as good as these guys. lol. One of them was using the Chain Chomp in Witch Trials 5!!!! Insane!!! I also never knew you can charge the hammer/sword/samurai and dodge without losing your charge. -___-

Bayonetta 2 is good but it's not even the best character action game on the Wii U(and no, I'm not talking about the first Bayonetta).

Too linear with too dull level design.

I know action games of this kind are "go from point A to B and have stylish fights with cool enemies" but one game put much more thought into this formula.

Neff

Am I the only one who didn't mind Loki at all?

Nah, he's great.

Bayonetta 2 is good but it's not even the best character action game on the Wii U(and no, I'm not talking about the first Bayonetta).

Too linear with too dull level design.

I know action games of this kind are "go from point A to B and have stylish fights with cool enemies" but one game put much more thought into this formula.

;)

//ARCANUM

There were a bunch of people who asked - but my issue with Bayo 1 isn't gameplay, at least not in terms of difficulty. I just find it visually pretty dull and would rather play something that's prettier to look at. And I find the story just dreadfully told/paced. Maybe I just need to skip ALL cutscenes in Bayo 1 lol. (which is not something I ever do in games, I'm ALL about story in games).

topplehat

There were a bunch of people who asked - but my issue with Bayo 1 isn't gameplay, at least not in terms of difficulty. I just find it visually pretty dull and would rather play something that's prettier to look at. And I find the story just dreadfully told/paced. Maybe I just need to skip ALL cutscenes in Bayo 1 lol. (which is not something I ever do in games, I'm ALL about story in games).

Kinda felt this way about Bayo 1 myself, just now starting Bayo 2 and can feel a difference in that regard. I don't think these two games have me hooked like other fans. I love Platinum and action games, but I'd rather play W101 or MGR over Bayo 1/2 so far.

danmaku

You should really skip the cutscenes, the story is garbage and not really important for the game. If you want a story based game, Bayonetta is not for you.

antitrop

If ever there were games that made cases for skipping cutscenes, it's Bayo-fucking-Netta. You can also skip all the cutscenes in Vanquish, those suck too.

I was going to stop playing Bayonetta on 360 when it came out, until I started skipping cutscenes, then I was able to get into it. When I was doing my Wii U replay, I decided not to skip the cutscenes and it only further reinforced my good decision to skip them back in 2009.

Astral Dog

The difference between this being a 9.5 and a nearly-flawless 10 for me was Loki.

Fuck fucking Loki. One of the most annoying and immediately dislikeable characters of any game I've ever played. He sucks the cool out of every cutscene he's in, he's like a fucking vacuum.
Unfortunately, there is nothing i can think of to argue against this, i underestimated how bad Loki was going to be, he automatically makes each cutscene worse (except when he first appears or doesnt say anything) and is a character so integrated in the plot...more important than Bayonetta herself :/ , like Nero but butchered to hell without any reedeming qualities a shame as he has a cool design.

But anyways, good to see you are enjoying the games, OP! They are truly amazing, what one lacks the other tries to fill up to make a great pack for $60.

Astral Dog

Cereza's not great but she's got way less screentime than Loki and doesn't undermine all your successes between cutscenes. She's just a plot device, Loki's a Mary-Sue working against you.
This, not only Cereza is a far better child character, (best PG kid, at least)but she Adds to Bayonetta character development in subtle and not so subtle ways. Loki is just there to suck it off from the other characters just because he has to be more important, when in fact he is not needed at all you could cut him from the plot , just keep evil Loki and nothing of value would be lost.

Regiruler

Easily the best game this gen alongside with Bloodborne for me. can't wait to see if there is a single game this year will take the title from them in my book.

He is bad, but not that bad lol. Luka(wonderful 101) makes him look like one of the best characters.

Luka was a substantially better character because his brattiness was intentional and played off of.

Top Bottom