• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RTTP: Predator - McTiernan in godmode

DieH@rd

Banned
Predator 1 is amazing, but I also very much like Predator 2.

Predators from 2010 was a OK film, shame there was not sequel.

a top 10 action movie no doubt. really lean storytelling which has been lacking for a while now, and an ensemble of all around badasses. these dudes all just seem intimidating to be around, and apparently going by the set stories some of them really were.

Hyun Sai

The attack on the guerilleros was already stupid and didn't age well at all, but the rest of the movie is really good.

DocSeuss

I never realized how much I enjoyed his movies in the 80's and 90's.

1987 Predator
1988 Die Hard
1990 The Hunt for Red October
1991 Flight of the Intruder
1992 Medicine Man
1993 Last Action Hero
1995 Die Hard with a Vengeance

Yes, even Medicine Man & Last Action Hero

Flight of the Intruder was Milius.

Pandy

Perfect timing OP.
My friends and I were discussing this last night, and planning a re-watch today. I see you've clarified you're 'mindless' comment, which is good, because the script/scenario is super smart and high-concept, it's just not in-your-face about it.

Probably the best action movie ever made.

Die Hard is best Christmas movie.

giphy.gif

I fucking LOVE that scene!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmck_Eu323Q

2G6XzL.gif

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I actually really like that the camp shootout is tonally different. It stands in stark contrast to the team trying to survive from the creature. This completely fits with the team having their expectations completely flipped. It also demonstrates that while they are effective and badass at hunting other humans, they pale in comparison when confronted by a space traveling predator.

Watched it the other day for the first time in years. It was awesome. Pure action no filler. But i have to confess i burst out laughing multiple times at the guerrilla camp raid. Especially when Arny picked up the truck and sent it crashing into that hut. And where he's stood out in the open, laying waste with his machine gun. Oh, and the knife throw. Really a product of its time and at the pinnacle of the genre.

Top Bottom