• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Activision Exploring Modern Warfare 2 Subscription Service

-viper-

Banned
wow, this is SO fucking retarded.

if this goes through, i don't think i'll buy another activision product again.

ALL those features can be found in other games for FREE.

Feindflug said:
Yeah he is easily one of the most annoying posters in here

Bullshit, you don't like him because 99% of the time he's right in what he posts.

Keyboard and mouse are so much better than a gamepad.
Consoles are just unplayable with their ancient tech, low frame rates, and low resolutions.
PC devs are so much more awesome than console devs and the ones that become consoles devs are now awful compared to when they used to be awesome when they worked exclusively on the PC.
Superior PC version ftw!

It's not trolling if it's the truth, with all the shit the wii and pc gets on this forum it's a breath of fresh air when someone swoops in and hits the 360/ps3 fanboys over the head with the logic stick. TIME AND TIME AGAIN.

brain_stew said:
With the vast majority of console games now having PC versions, yeah, I'm going to be in the same threads as console gamers a lot of the time.

Just think about this as a reference point. If there was a PSP and a DS game that was crossplatform don't you think it would be annoying in every thread if the PSP guy says wow, my version is so much better than your DS version because it looks so much better and has a higher frame rate. How can you play it on that ugly, junky, old DS.

My point is we know certain systems have stronger hardware than others. The fact that a game is technically more proficient on the more powerful piece of hardware isn't a closely kept secret. It's a given. There must of course be a number of reasons why the guy with the DS owns the DS in general or indeed bought that version of the game. There is a reason we all game on the platforms we do. And we don't necessarily need to bring it up in every single thread why this is the case.

Like I said no hard feelings directed at you. Just something that a person's platform of choice whether it be console, handheld, pc, etc isn't always an exercise in technical superiority for every individual. Other factors may come into play for an individual based on their own preferences. Nobody argues the PC doesn't have superior technical hardware. It has to because it's an open architecture. We all have brains and get this.

And to give the perfect example right on time with guys like this.

fizzelopeguss said:
It's not trolling if it's the truth, with all the shit the wii and pc gets on this forum it's a breath of fresh air when someone swoops in and hits the 360/ps3 fanboys over the head with the logic stick. TIME AND TIME AGAIN.

Stoney Mason said:
Just think about this as a reference point. If there was a PSP and a DS game that was crossplatform don't you think it would be annoying in every thread if the PSP guy says wow, my version is so much better than your DS version because it looks so much better and has a higher frame rate. How can you play it on that ugly, junky, old DS.

My point is we know certain systems have stronger hardware than others. The fact that a game is technically more proficient on the more powerful piece of hardware isn't a closely kept secret. It's a given. There must of course be a number of reasons why the guy with the DS owns the DS in general or indeed bought that version of the game. There is a reason we all game on the platforms we do. And we don't necessarily need to bring it up in every single thread why this is the case.

Like I said no hard feelings directed at you. Just something that a person's platform of choice whether it be console, handheld, pc, etc isn't always an exercise in technical superiority for every individual. Other factors may come into play for an individual based on their own preferences. Nobody argues the PC doesn't have superior technical hardware. It has to because it's an open architecture. We all have brains and get this.

And to give the perfect example right on time with guys like this.

If you look more carefully I tend to swoop into those discussions when people try to argue against these established facts. For whatever reason a very large majority of GAF posters just don't seem to grasp the chasm between the two platforms and the relatively small price gap that is now present. Very few. Its still common belief that the Wii would hold multiplatform games back and that PS3/360/PC hardware is "pretty much" level to PC hardware. Those two statements just counter each others logic directly, and I absolutely do take pleasure in showing up people that make these claims. Yes, I've probably overcompensated a little (or a lot) at times, but that's only because that's the natural tactic one tends to take when in a minority, its understandable if not desirable.

Top Bottom